New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-18-2007, 02:57 PM   #67
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
I dunno. The zombies in 28 weeks later were the best i've seen so far. When the zombies jumped or moved, it reminded me of IRobot
Thats funny my friends and I were thinking that. The faces were kind of similar.
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #68
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Drives: 335i

Yea 28 weeks later zombies pwnd.. But I must admit legend was great, first movie that made me tear up, and no it wasnt in the parts most people think of its when he lost his dog...
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #69
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
Yea 28 weeks later zombies pwnd.. But I must admit legend was great, first movie that made me tear up, and no it wasnt in the parts most people think of its when he lost his dog...
Dude you ruined it for me!!
Went to see it last weekend but it was sold out, gotta wait til this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #70
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

i just saw this yesterday and overall was not impressed. am i the only one? the story was very slow, the zombies looked very 3d along with the deer in some scenes and the lions you see at the beginning.

this movie was to show what would happen if an outburst were to happen? it really didn't cut it for me imho.

28 weeks later really showed the chaos and what would happen if there was really an outbreak of some sort not to mention the realistic zombies.

the best zombies though were in that cave movie, i forgot the name, condemed? it was about the girls taking a trip to the caves and they see these cave dweller creatures. anyone know what im talking about?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #71
shragon
No_Country
Rep

i'm gonna try to check out this movie next week. gotta hit up costco for some movie tickets.
      12-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #72
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Drives: N/A

Went to church, and they talked about putting your trust in god instead of yourself. Then went and watched this movie.
Good combo.

Quote:
I kinda teared up when he was asking the manikin to plz say hello back.

Anyone notice how it was bright when he woke up the first two times, after he had shut all the windows with reinforcement. You could tell it was sunlight.
And his little girl was a terrible actor.. I didn't buy the whole 'going to aunty's house'.. It seemed too staged for me.

Overall great movie.

-Nathan
      12-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #73
moparfan74
Registered
Rep

Drives: M5

SO did anyone see im legend I think im going tonight is it worth it?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 01:20 PM   #74
Vickyy
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 2006 AW 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
i saw it...overall i thought it was ok, will smiths acting was good.. but the storyline.. im confused on why he had to chase the deers if he had food alrdy?? whats up with that?!?

not sure if it was worth the $$$ to go see it tho... stupid previews....
      12-20-2007, 02:26 PM   #75
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

for those who saw i am legened, whats the movie in the preview coperfield? the one with the unknown thing attacking the people...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #76
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
for those who saw i am legened, whats the movie in the preview coperfield? the one with the unknown thing attacking the people...
clover fields. ( I think)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #77
Mo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2014 M6

For me I Am Legend didn't have a beginning or an end just a middle. lack of explanation and the movie was way too short to go into more details. Very, very disappointed. I wish it would've been a little longer, at least they could've taken their time with the explanation of the diseases. Also, i hear they are thinking about a sequel...... I don't know the only thing that had my attention was that dog! so sad! Oh and the movie WAS A COMMERCIAL FOR FORD! if i was the last men on earth i'd be riding around in Bugatti or something fast to get deers not a mustang shelby. ITS A FORD!
      12-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #78
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
For me I Am Legend didn't have a beginning or an end just a middle. lack of explanation and the movie was way too short to go into more details. Very, very disappointed. I wish it would've been a little longer, at least they could've taken their time with the explanation of the diseases. Also, i hear they are thinking about a sequel...... I don't know the only thing that had my attention was that dog! so sad! Oh and the movie WAS A COMMERCIAL FOR FORD! if i was the last men on earth i'd be riding around in Bugatti or something fast to get deers not a mustang shelby. ITS A FORD!
Maybe he couldn't find one in his town
They also threw a Subaru in there as well.

I was confused, because at the beginning I thought this all happened a few weeks or so earlier, and was like.. wtf!?!? why is there grass growing everywhere. Then finally in the middle they say it was 3 yrs later or so.

-Nathan
      12-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #79
Mo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2014 M6

.... I totally agree. THere is so much missing it's crazy. I heard that because the budget was getting crazy they decided to make the script a lot smaller so i think that might had to do with the lack of explanation.... I was really curious why he was immune to the disease and no one else was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Maybe he couldn't find one in his town
They also threw a Subaru in there as well.

I was confused, because at the beginning I thought this all happened a few weeks or so earlier, and was like.. wtf!?!? why is there grass growing everywhere. Then finally in the middle they say it was 3 yrs later or so.

-Nathan
      12-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #80
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Spoil alert dont read below....

What I dont get is did the night seekers set the trap he fell into? Cuse you know he caught over 100 of them that way so maybe they caught on?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #81
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:

What I dont get is did the night seekers set the trap he fell into? Cuse you know he caught over 100 of them that way so maybe they caught on?
Ironic, isnt it?
      12-22-2007, 03:55 AM   #82
nico335
Rep
n/a

Drives:

finally got around to see the movie and damn there WAS a lot left out.

like the deers.... why was he always trying to shoot them? to experiment them or what? and they werent infected right?

oh yeah and those lions/tigers in the beginning... why didnt they attack?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #83
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:

What I don't get is why after he killed the dogs, that the others didn't come and attack him.. maybe the main infected didn't want to be shot??

Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy nico View Post
finally got around to see the movie and damn there WAS a lot left out.

like the deers.... why was he always trying to shoot them? to experiment them or what? and they werent infected right?

oh yeah and those lions/tigers in the beginning... why didnt they attack?
Cause they are newbs.. and already had their food as well.
I don't think a lion is going to attack someone for the hell of it.. Only if they feel threatened.

-Nathan
      12-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #84
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

I've been on that Aircraft carrier USS Intrepid with the SR-71 and the F-14 Super Tomcat that was featured in the movie. Really cool.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 12:37 PM   #85
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy nico View Post
He was going after the deers for meat to eat. He had a ton of food but it was all box stuff, but had no meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
.... I totally agree. THere is so much missing it's crazy. I heard that because the budget was getting crazy they decided to make the script a lot smaller so i think that might had to do with the lack of explanation.... I was really curious why he was immune to the disease and no one else was?
They briefly explained why there were some people that were immune. At the end he ran off a bunch of percentages kinda saying that there will always be a small number of people that are immune for just no real reason.

I'll give is a 4.5/5. Overall it was a really good movie. Had a good mix of suspense, action, scare factor, and a tad bit of tear factor. It was unfortunate that the script had to be cut back due to budget. They should have just went with it and dealt with a bigger budget, cuz it really hurt the overall quality of the film. Now they may go into a sequel with having their main character dead or use flash backs like this movie to keep Will Smith involved cuz he's the bread winner of the film filling the seats.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #86
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Just watched it and mark my words...Will Smith will win an Academy Award from this film...I agree it felt a little rushed towards the end but it was a 4.9/5 in my book! Great film to close out 2007!!!!