New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #111
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
I do a lot of driving in my territory...about 20k-24k mi./yr., so naturally, I want to be comfortable and enjoy my ride.
Hey, have you contacted any dealers yet regarding their input on the Kleemann tune? Congrats on the new ride by the way.
      08-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #112
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep

Drives: AW 1M Coupè

Unless he got the performance package I think the car will be fine day to day
      08-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #113
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Gomez View Post
Hey, have you contacted any dealers yet regarding their input on the Kleemann tune? Congrats on the new ride by the way.
Not yet, but others have said that many dealers have no issues whatsoever working on either Kleemann or RENNtech ecu tuned cars.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #114
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan0102 View Post
Tell me how that goes. I had a ride in a C63 and noticed it has a substantially harder ride than the E and heard it gets to you over a long period of time
Well, I now have over 1,250 mi. in almost the first 2 weeks now, and haven't noticed that it's any worse than the 335i...at least not yet. It does feel much more confident than the BMW 335i...the AMG suspension with coil-overs and such help tremendously; there's very little body roll like my 335i had when I took "higher speed" turns like on on/off ramps. It may not be quite up to the handling specs of an M3, but it's got to be close. In addition, the C63 AMG has huge AMG/Brembro brakes with 14.2in. front drilled rotors & 13in. rear drilled rotors.

Yep, as amgthis said, I did not get the Perf. Package, although I was really considering it mainly for the LSD...but no PP. I can always add either a Quaife LSD or OS Giken LSD if I feel like I really need it, but chances are for typical DD, it won't be necessary.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #115
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335i

are you on the forum over at MB? How is the forum there compared to e90post?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #116
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
are you on the forum over at MB? How is the forum there compared to e90post?
Most of the guys over there are very cool (except for a couple of Jeep SRT-8 trolls who came over to stir things up...go figure )...low key and big car enthusiasts who have an appreciation for many different types of cars. Many of the guys also drive (or have family members that drive) some other very interesting sports cars, many quite exotic and such. But, again, I haven't noticed any real "MB snobbery" or anything like that. I think many of the MBWorld Forum members are a bit older like me , so there's less of the Fast and Furious mentality that so many younger guys have on so many car forums. I've even been guilty of being sucked into that a few times, but driving a MB C63 AMG and spending some time on the MBWorld Forum, I feel less pressured into that somehow.

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #117
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Is the MB forum as active as e90post? I came from acurazine, clublexus and none of them are as active as e90post..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #118
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
Is the MB forum as active as e90post? I came from acurazine, clublexus and none of them are as active as e90post..
No; like you said, none of them are as active as E90Post...my wife thinks this forum is just crazy!

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #119
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Congrats, the AMG is incredible to drive. I think I prefer the more understated appearance of the regular C350 though, personally. The AMG has too many scoops and wings and stuff...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 02:38 AM   #120
san~man
Tired
Rep

Drives: BMW-less

That's a hell of an upgrade. Congrats
      08-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #121
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric View Post
Congrats, the AMG is incredible to drive. I think I prefer the more understated appearance of the regular C350 though, personally. The AMG has too many scoops and wings and stuff...
Actually, it doesn't. That's what I first thought, but then I saw in person; the aero parts aren't "ricey" at all...just aggressive, sporty and classy, imho. I especially like the small rear lip spoiler (very similar to the BMW M3's rear lip spoiler), rear lower diffuser and the front fascia and spoiler.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #122
all8up
Ironchef
United_States
Rep

Drives: 22 M4 C

Garage List
2022 M4 C  [0.00]
No point in trying to get every person to see your POV...seriously you paraded the procede, then the MORR wheels to no end. Give it a rest....I'm getting a c63 as well, but it won't hurt my feelings if people have a different opinion of it.
07 E90 335, UR Exh, Helix IC, Bav Sport Coils, iForged Swift- sold
E46 M3 - gone and always missed
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #123
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Well, I now have over 1,250 mi. in almost the first 2 weeks now, and haven't noticed that it's any worse than the 335i...at least not yet. It does feel much more confident than the BMW 335i...the AMG suspension with coil-overs and such help tremendously; there's very little body roll like my 335i had when I took "higher speed" turns like on on/off ramps. It may not be quite up to the handling specs of an M3, but it's got to be close. In addition, the C63 AMG has huge AMG/Brembro brakes with 14.2in. front drilled rotors & 13in. rear drilled rotors.

Yep, as amgthis said, I did not get the Perf. Package, although I was really considering it mainly for the LSD...but no PP. I can always add either a Quaife LSD or OS Giken LSD if I feel like I really need it, but chances are for typical DD, it won't be necessary.
Do you miss the little things like the tilting passenger side mirror or the live traffic report?
      08-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #124
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Gomez View Post
Do you miss the little things like the tilting passenger side mirror or the live traffic report?
Yes, and my Intelligent Cruise Control, etc., but some things are a trade-off, I guess.

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #125
Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Jerez E90 M3

I am considering doing the same thing! My dealer has the same car, what did you pick yours up for? BMW wasn't negotiating on M3s so here I am.
      08-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #126
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by all8up View Post
No point in trying to get every person to see your POV...seriously you paraded the procede, then the MORR wheels to no end. Give it a rest....I'm getting a c63 as well, but it won't hurt my feelings if people have a different opinion of it.
1. I'm not sure why you're annoyed with me (in particular I guess) when I posted up pics of new wheels or a new car or talked a lot about the PROcede...like nobody else here on E90Post Forum does that. LOL.

2. I don't mind if ppl have a different opinion of it; I've always stated what I think (imho), etc. However, when I posted up the question of which car I should get (another BMW 335i or buy my '07 335i lease out OR buy a new MB C63 AMG), an overwhelming majority of ppl here on E90Post said absolutely get the MB C63 AMG, so this actually helped me to go for the MB C63 AMG!!!

3. If/when YOU actually get an MB C63 AMG, please be sure to post up some pics; I think everyone would be happy for you and interested to see some pics.

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #127
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
I am considering doing the same thing! My dealer has the same car, what did you pick yours up for? BMW wasn't negotiating on M3s so here I am.
$55k including shipping from a MB dealer in VA to my house in FL. No C63 AMG's around here, and my local MB dealer said they couldn't match the deal (getting the car from out-of-state). It was just too difficult for me to pass up on $13k off MSRP (~ $5,000 under invoice) on this $68k MONSTER of a vehicle. Plus, if you want to mod it, the possibilities are excellent, since the C63 AMG's engine is the same 6.2L V8 AMG engine from the other AMG's, just detuned...a $1,495 ecu flash from Kleemann will net you another ~ +50-60HP to bring it > 500HP!!!

Last edited by sflgator; 08-08-2009 at 07:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #128
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep

Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by all8up View Post
Usually when people buy a new car, they are overly excited about it. And sometimes, in the back of their mind, they want to be sure that it's the right purchase.

It's pretty common behavior and as mature adults I think we all understand that.

That's why most people just say "congrats" or "nice car" rather than "meh, I don't like it" or "why didn't you buy xxx instead" despite how they may really feel.

Of course he isn't going to have his feelings hurt, but why not just let him have some fun. So what? Shit, life's too short.

And no point in trying to sound like some sort of tough guy, imho.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #129
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Usually when people buy a new car, they are overly excited about it. And sometimes, in the back of their mind, they want to be sure that it's the right purchase.

It's pretty common behavior and as mature adults I think we all understand that.

That's why most people just say "congrats" or "nice car" rather than "meh, I don't like it" or "why didn't you buy xxx instead" despite how they may really feel.

Of course he isn't going to have his feelings hurt, but why not just let him have some fun. So what? Shit, life's too short.

so true.. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #130
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post

+1. Thanks, man. Besides, as a fellow car enthusiast who likes both BMW and Mercedes-Benz (as well as a long list of others), it's fun to discuss different cars once in a while and post up some pics, etc. I loved my BMW (PROcede v3) 335i and I bet I will eventually come back to BMW again. But, for now, my wife and I are both driving MB...nothing wrong with that either.

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #131
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

I wasn't criticizing his car. I just prefer the look of the C350 more. I'd still take the AMG in a heartbeat!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2009, 07:15 AM   #132
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric View Post
I wasn't criticizing his car. I just prefer the look of the C350 more. I'd still take the AMG in a heartbeat!!!
But that's ok even if you were...I don't mind. I actually agreed with you...until I saw the C63 AMG in person. I thought the styling was a bit "over the top," until I saw it in person, got inside, and drove it. It's kind of like the older Infiniti G35 Coupe...many think the large rear spoiler looks too "ricey," until you see a G35 Coupe without the rear spoiler and realize it looks ridiculous without it...like it's missing a large part of the rear end.
Appreciate 0