Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #243
aajami
Brigadier General
aajami's Avatar
United_States
402
Rep
4,576
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
It is stated in OP under "Update 3/19/14"

If that's true sucks for all those insanely obsessed with LCI's and generally good for all M3/4 owners. The addition of rear LED doesn't constitute a LCI IMO.
I think that's just semantics. The M3 and M4 won't get the full LCI that the F30 and F32 get because most of the changes that happen during the refresh are in the front and rear bumpers, and BMW isn't going to change those on the M cars. That's always been the case. But the M3 and M4 will get the F30 LCI taillight changes.

The big question is whether or not they'll get the F32 headlight changes a year later. That would mean a second LCI for the M3 and M4, which BMW might not want to mess with. But if the overall shape of the F32 LCI headlight housings don't change (like they did with the E92 LCI housings), people can just retrofit them onto their M3s and M4s, I suppose.
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #244
taibanl
Brigadier General
taibanl's Avatar
241
Rep
4,123
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedoy View Post
5AS BMW laser lights

It's funny how both BMW and Audi call it "laser headlights" but it is actually phosphor that emits a light. They should be called phosphorus headlights... sounds so cool.


.
Yes, but what excites the phosphor? Lasers.
Actually its sharks with friggin laser beams
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #245
ynguldyn
Colonel
3817
Rep
2,696
Posts

 
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintelligible View Post
Please tell me the "leather engine cover" is a joke. Please.
No, it is not. It is indeed in the option database I perused (love this word) a few days ago. Though whether or not it will become a real thing on a real car, I can't say.

On the other hand, remember Rolls Royce is also a BMW?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 03:35 AM   #246
vladberca
Major General
vladberca's Avatar
Romania
601
Rep
5,374
Posts

 
Drives: '17 jetta tdi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

iTrader: (0)

I'm sure we'll see a lot of interesting tech in the new 7
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 05:26 AM   #247
Timelessky
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: Mini
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: İstanbul

iTrader: (0)

g30 will be produced with b37 / b38 ?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #248
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
222
Rep
1,808
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Shakedown Street, Buffalo NY

iTrader: (1)

Leather engine cover?!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 09:47 AM   #249
clbmw
Major
577
Rep
1,482
Posts

 
Drives: 320d M135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer
BMW has such poor names for their options. "Comfort access" sounds like something for a person with diarrhea. But I suspect "6U8 BMW gesture control" is fairly straightforward and will prevent this:

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #250
Pauleebe
Colonel
Pauleebe's Avatar
United_States
336
Rep
2,228
Posts

 
Drives: 2020 M340
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWM3 View Post
M3 never got LCI front treatments if I remember correctly. Only Tail lights.

That's true for E46 and E90/92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
It is stated in OP under "Update 3/19/14"

If that's true sucks for all those insanely obsessed with LCI's and generally good for all M3/4 owners. The addition of rear LED doesn't constitute a LCI IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
I think that's just semantics. The M3 and M4 won't get the full LCI that the F30 and F32 get because most of the changes that happen during the refresh are in the front and rear bumpers, and BMW isn't going to change those on the M cars. That's always been the case. But the M3 and M4 will get the F30 LCI taillight changes.

The big question is whether or not they'll get the F32 headlight changes a year later. That would mean a second LCI for the M3 and M4, which BMW might not want to mess with. But if the overall shape of the F32 LCI headlight housings don't change (like they did with the E92 LCI housings), people can just retrofit them onto their M3s and M4s, I suppose.
While the E46 and E90 M3 didn't receive total LCI treatment, they both did receive updates to their rear tailights and other features. With the F10 M5 receiving the same LCI updates as the 5 series, I'd assume the new procedural for LCI's will be to apply that evenly across the non-M and M line. M3 will get LCI with 3 series in summer of 2015, M4 will get LCI with 4 series in summer of 2016 I think (after 3 model years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
BMW has such poor names for their options. "Comfort access" sounds like something for a person with diarrhea. But I suspect "6U8 BMW gesture control" is fairly straightforward and will prevent this:

Lol sad but true. BMW's methodology for packages/option delivery is so confusing, let's not get started on the naming convention.
__________________
///M340i
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #251
ynguldyn
Colonel
3817
Rep
2,696
Posts

 
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelessky View Post
g30 will be produced with b37 / b38 ?
No such plan at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #252
Manbnda
Second Lieutenant
57
Rep
259
Posts

 
Drives: F30 AW
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: MX

iTrader: (0)

This topic is confusing. So according to the info when will the new 440i be available for ordering?
I hope summer-autumn 2015.

If the M3 get the LCI at the same time as the 3, then the M4 will get the LCI too because it was released together with the M3. And if the M4 get LCI, it would make sense that the 4 would get it too.

Last edited by Manbnda; 12-17-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #253
ynguldyn
Colonel
3817
Rep
2,696
Posts

 
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbnda View Post
This topic is confusing. So according to the info when will the new 440i be available for ordering?
I hope summer-autumn 2015.
You don't have to read the whole thread. Your question, like most, is answered in the top post. 440i is available with LCI starting 03/16.
Quote:
If the M3 get the LCI at the same time as the 3, then the M4 will get the LCI too because it was released together with the M3. And if the M4 get LCI, it would make sense that the 4 would get it too.
M CARS DO NOT GET LCI.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #254
SickFinga
Captain
1139
Rep
691
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: *

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbnda View Post
If the M3 get the LCI at the same time as the 3, then the M4 will get the LCI too because it was released together with the M3.
E90 and E92 M3 were released pretty much at the same time. Yet E90 got LCI in 2009 and E92 got it in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
M CARS DO NOT GET LCI.
Well, that's not exactly true. M cars do get LCI, it's just not as extensive. In some cases LCI doesn't get a new model code (E46) in some cases they do (E9x).
Looks like F8x will not get a new model code for the LCI, but I bet some external modifications are coming.

Last edited by SickFinga; 12-17-2014 at 10:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 10:46 PM   #255
MalibuBimmer
Founder, Knights of the Roundel website
MalibuBimmer's Avatar
United_States
959
Rep
1,726
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 and 2018 AMG GT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Santa Monica Mountains, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Mercedes AMG GT  [0.00]
2018 Audi Q3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealYourFace View Post
Leather engine cover?!

In the "trunk" of the i8 there is a cover to conceal what's in the trunk which carries over and also finishes off the engine compartment. In my Tera World i8 it's mesh and plastic. In the Pure Impulse World it's leather. I suspect this may be the option, but I may be wrong.
__________________
Previously: 2014 i8; 2013 650i convertible; 2013 650i Gran Coupe; 2013 X1; 2010 550i GT; 2010 535 GT; 2010 Z4 3.5; 2008 535ixt; 2007 M6 convertible; 2006 650i convertible; 1996 Z3; 1980 633CSi; 1978 630CS; 1972 3.0CS; 1971 Bavaria. (1971; 1979-2005 & 2017 - ? -- the Mercedes years.)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #256
jcarys
Registered
2
Rep
2
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 32ixi coupe
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (0)

What eDrive models are coming?

So BMW has specifically called out a 330e and a 530e, as well as a X5 version. So does their "core models" statement extend to the coupes - particularly the 4 or 6? You would think with the i8 done, they would feel confident about mixing sporty and efficient in the existing coupes. Thanks for any insight.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #257
rubber_ducky
Colonel
rubber_ducky's Avatar
360
Rep
2,974
Posts

 
Drives: roach coach
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: boston-ish

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
E90 and E92 M3 were released pretty much at the same time. Yet E90 got LCI in 2009 and E92 got it in 2011


Well, that's not exactly true. M cars do get LCI, it's just not as extensive. In some cases LCI doesn't get a new model code (E46) in some cases they do (E9x).
Looks like F8x will not get a new model code for the LCI, but I bet some external modifications are coming.
LCIs never spawn a new model code. E90/E92/E93 kept the same model code through the LCI.

New model code = new generation of the model (i.e. all new car)
LCI = Life Cycle Injection (refresh of the existing model)
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #258
rubber_ducky
Colonel
rubber_ducky's Avatar
360
Rep
2,974
Posts

 
Drives: roach coach
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: boston-ish

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalls90 View Post
While the E46 and E90 M3 didn't receive total LCI treatment, they both did receive updates to their rear tailights and other features. With the F10 M5 receiving the same LCI updates as the 5 series, I'd assume the new procedural for LCI's will be to apply that evenly across the non-M and M line. M3 will get LCI with 3 series in summer of 2015, M4 will get LCI with 4 series in summer of 2016 I think (after 3 model years)
M3 has a 4 series nose (headlights and grill anyway), so while the M3 getting LCI taillight treatment at the same time as the F30 is probable, front end changes (if any) will likely come at same time as the F32 LCI.

My money is on there being no changes to the bumper covers of the M cars. Exterior changes to F8x cars will be limited to head & taillight cluster changes. Just like the E9x cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #259
SickFinga
Captain
1139
Rep
691
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: *

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky View Post
LCIs never spawn a new model code. E90/E92/E93 kept the same model code through the LCI.

New model code = new generation of the model (i.e. all new car)
LCI = Life Cycle Injection (refresh of the existing model)
E9x M3 did get a new model code at LCI

E90 M3 - VA93
E90 M3 LCI - PM93
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #260
rubber_ducky
Colonel
rubber_ducky's Avatar
360
Rep
2,974
Posts

 
Drives: roach coach
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: boston-ish

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
E9x M3 did get a new model code at LCI

E90 M3 - VA93
E90 M3 LCI - PM93
Got ya. I thought that you were talking about the E9x code. Thanks for the clarification.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 06:42 PM   #261
ynguldyn
Colonel
3817
Rep
2,696
Posts

 
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Here's a very unconfirmed one. With F30 LCI, headlight options could change to something like this:

328i: halogen standard + LED optional.
340i: LED standard or Xenons standard + LED optional.

Main point: Xenons will no longer be offered as an option: they will either be standard with LED as an option, or won't be available at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #262
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
431
Rep
1,252
Posts

 
Drives: E82M/F31 328XD
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Montréal Canada

iTrader: (0)

Do you have any update on 30i and 40i power/torque figures?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 10:14 PM   #263
ynguldyn
Colonel
3817
Rep
2,696
Posts

 
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
Do you have any update on 30i and 40i power/torque figures?
Small double-digit increment over the current engines.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #264
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
431
Rep
1,252
Posts

 
Drives: E82M/F31 328XD
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Montréal Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
Do you have any update on 30i and 40i power/torque figures?
Small double-digit increment over the current engines.
195kw and 250kw is that making sense?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
future bmw, release date, upcoming bmw

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST