New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

06-29-2021, 03:34 PM   #243
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I thought it was about HAM fans being butt-hurt because he's currently not the king of the track anymore

The FIA gave VER a warning no to do that again and I think that closes the case....
Read the post #161 in this thread (below)....you "thought" wrong:
https://www.zpost.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=161
      06-29-2021, 03:51 PM   #244
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
No, MOST of the people complaining about the burnout are MB fans.
We need Reddit-like tags next to our names showing which team we support to make all this much more clear

Signed
- A McLaren fan who wants to see a good fight for the WDC and WCC with Max and RBR winning in the end
Appreciate 3
minn1914021.00
Autobacs1346.50
      06-29-2021, 03:51 PM   #245
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
....you "thought" wrong:

So then what's your point?
The FIA has given it's verdict on this.
Max is not allowed to drive off with wheelspin again.
The FIA was of the opinion that a warning would suffice.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 4
      06-29-2021, 03:52 PM   #246
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
You said that before repeating again, though you're not so voiciferous when BOT and HAM do the same,another Merc fanboi eh.
This is about driver safety.
      06-29-2021, 03:54 PM   #247
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
We need Reddit-like tags next to our names showing which team we support to make all this much more clear

Signed
- A McLaren fan who wants to see a good fight for the WDC and WCC with Max and RBR winning in the end
I am against anything that makes Bimmerpost more like reddit
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 04:17 PM   #248
chuckthis
Toomany///Ms
Rep

Drives: 1M & M2CS

Am I in the Twilight zone? I keep seeing the same messages repeated. Glitch in the Matrix maybe?

Previous: Many E46 M3s, a few E9x M3s, '15 F82 M4, '16 F80 M3, F87 M2
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      06-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #249
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Drives: Green Bastard

Performance stats

F1 performance stats

Interestingly, hammy rated a “1” for steering input while Max rated a “9.6”. The only other driver close to hammy was Bottas with a “4” (perez rated a 10), Latifi 5.9 and Lando 6.4.

Hammy and Max both had clear air for most of the race but the rating indicates the RBR remains a bit more twitchy while hammy can drive the Merc blindfolded.

Merc seems to have plenty of room to trade some stability for top speed assuming the tire degradation isn’t an issue and Hammy is ok with using the steering wheel a bit more.

Interesting data points.

Perez is incredibly busy keeping the RBR pointed in the right direction.

LeCrash, Ricciardo and Alonso remain late braking kings.

Ricciardo is tentative on the throttle compared to Lando.

Alonso and Perez are the only drivers rated 9+ for throttle, steering and brake work.

Hammy and LeCrash pinned the throttle all race with a 10 rating. Stroll came in at 9.9.

Yuki has one speed — 10/10. Max aggressive.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bubbles; 06-29-2021 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2021, 04:51 PM   #250
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post

Signed
Ok, on the sole condition I have exclusive use of the Michael Masi - FIA tag and ability to regulate all F1 posts with temporary and permanent ban powers.
      06-29-2021, 04:52 PM   #251
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckthis View Post
I'm keen to see the new sprint race, if the final laps at Baku are a small indicator of the action then it could be a real treat.
We aren't worried about sprint races . MAX just loves close fights anyway ...

But I have to say , I can't wait to see the action ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
      06-29-2021, 05:00 PM   #252
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Am I in the Twilight zone? I keep seeing the same messages repeated. Glitch in the Matrix maybe?

Last edited by racerbruce; 06-29-2021 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 06:07 PM   #253
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

06-29-2021, 06:08 PM   #254
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60010.50
Autobacs1346.50
      06-29-2021, 06:15 PM   #255
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
I expect the same result for part 2 but will be interesting to see what happens after. That will pretty much tell us if Mercedes can do anything to the W12 to boost its performance enough to be more competitive. Toto Wolff already confirmed what was previously hinted - there is zero development being done to W12 and all resources are allocated to the W13 next year. Red Bull seem to be all in this year.

EDIT: I stand corrected. James Allison confirmed that Mercedes will in fact be planning on some upgrade for the W12.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 06-29-2021 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 06:32 PM   #256
chuckthis
Toomany///Ms
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I expect the same result for part 2 but will be interesting to see what happens after. That will pretty much tell us if Mercedes can do anything to the W12 to boost its performance enough to be more competitive. Toto Wolff already confirmed what was previously hinted - there is zero development being done to W12 and all resources are allocated to the W13 next year. Red Bull seem to be all in this year.

EDIT: I stand corrected. James Allison confirmed that Mercedes will in fact be planning on some upgrade for the W12.
They aren't ready to throw in the towel on the season yet, got to work and get the best result before the new regs could completely shake them up.

Although, tactically they could finish second and have an advantage over RBR since they would have more wind tunnel time for development.

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 06:39 PM   #257
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

They aren't ready to throw in the towel on the season yet, got to work and get the best result before the new regs could completely shake them up.

Although, tactically they could finish second and have an advantage over RBR since they would have more wind tunnel time for development.
I think that's what Toto Wolff was hinting at. With the new rules and regulations ushering F1 into a new era, getting the W13 ready is significant as it will be the basis of all future cars in the "new F1".

That's not to say this season is a throwaway but this year, when the new rules were scheduled to be implemented, is essentially a stop gap so I'm skeptical on how much of the W12 is "new" vs. just being a significant upgrade over the W11. But it's clear the RB had huge untapped potential given the success they're having this year.

It's going to be interesting because we never have seen Mercedes having to plan out upgrades in this position - they're usually way in front tweaking here and there.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #258
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
This could end up being expensive/costly.

Max was ahead by 9 ish seconds (or was it 7 ish) and Mercedes decided they would not catch him and brought Ham in for fresh tires to go for fastest lap. Do you think Mercedes would have done that if Max was only 2 or 3 seconds ahead. If he had started to give up a second a lap and commented on the radio that he had a problem.... do you think Mercedes would have left Ham out just in case.

In my mind, it was a point they gave to Hammy. A little strategy would have gone a long way.

In the end, most of that 35 seconds came from the extra pit stop.... so does it really count? I mean a win is a win, but it wasn't that significant.

As to his "display" at the checker. Rookie move. To all you saying it didn't create any harm. That's not what the rules are there for. Like driving past the pit entry under the red flag, nothing happened, but the rule is to come in, not go around again.

With all that said, congrats to Max and RBR. And Per. They certainly are shaking things up. So much so, I may have to change my vote in the rate the cars poll after the Great Britain event. And of course, congrats to you as your guy is doing well.
The moment when a race is lost for Mercedes , they didn't had a chance to win the race anymore .
It's there where Hammy was at that moment , he whined over the radio that he got vibrations because his tires were shot .
At that moment Toto gave it up , and Hammy was called in for tires to run for the fastest lap to get that extra (1) drivers point .
In other words : The race was lost for Mercedes anyway ..

The Mercedes race strategy failed completely , while the Red Bull strategy worked outstanding .
MAX couldn't lose this race , over the whole race he was untouchable also regarding his tire management .

Already in February I knew that serious progress would come from Red Bull and HONDA (Japan)
And MAX would finish the rest ...

No one wanted to believe me , today I'm saying ...This is only the beginning !
Thank you my friend

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 06-29-2021 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60010.50
      06-29-2021, 07:35 PM   #259
chuckthis
Toomany///Ms
Rep

Quote:
I think that's what Toto Wolff was hinting at. With the new rules and regulations ushering F1 into a new era, getting the W13 ready is significant as it will be the basis of all future cars in the "new F1".

That's not to say this season is a throwaway but this year, when the new rules were scheduled to be implemented, is essentially a stop gap so I'm skeptical on how much of the W12 is "new" vs. just being a significant upgrade over the W11. But it's clear the RB had huge untapped potential given the success they're having this year.

It's going to be interesting because we never have seen Mercedes having to plan out upgrades in this position - they're usually way in front tweaking here and there.
'21 still had some changes to the '20 rules, namely the floor and rear downforce which seems to have hit MB hard (similar to other teams that run low-rake) so I'd wager development is ongoing to overcome that. For the majority though most teams were running very similar chassis to last year. Haas I think is nearly exactly the same with zero development going on this year.

The last time they were down in the points they came back hard after the summer break. That might bring them closer and here's hoping it's mild to keep the fight going.

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 02:35 AM   #260
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The moment when a race is lost for Mercedes , they didn't had a chance to win the race anymore .
It's there where Hammy was at that moment , he whined over the radio that he got vibrations because his tires were shot .
At that moment Toto gave it up , and Hammy was called in for tires to run for the fastest lap to get that extra (1) drivers point .
In other words : The race was lost for Mercedes anyway ..

The Mercedes race strategy failed completely , while the Red Bull strategy worked outstanding .
MAX couldn't lose this race , over the whole race he was untouchable also regarding his tire management .

Already in February I knew that serious progress would come from Red Bull and HONDA (Japan)
And MAX would finish the rest ...

No one wanted to believe me , today I'm saying ...This is only the beginning !
Thank you my friend

..and I said it's the lucky red/orange race boots also
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2021, 02:54 AM   #261
M5Rick
General
Rep

My thoughts are now on Honda Japan as to why they made the decision to quit already at the end of the year with the good results coming in at last.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2021, 03:17 AM   #262
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
My thoughts are now on Honda Japan as to why they made the decision to quit already at the end of the year with the good results coming in at last.
Yes, I'd rather like to see more engine manufactureres active in F1 than less.

Looking at how much engine builders were active in the early 90's (10 different engines used was not an exception) and how much there are now, one wonders how popular the sport now really is....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60010.50
      06-30-2021, 05:22 AM   #263
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
83 % for sunday
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60010.50
      06-30-2021, 05:47 AM   #264
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10833.50