New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

08-14-2021, 06:52 PM   #1
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
F1 Driver Bios

I ran across this very detailed bio on Lewis Hamilton by Andrew Beeson of the BBC, Autosport and several other reputable automotive sources. It is one of the most detailed and expansive I've seen and is quite a good read.

I ask that everyone contribute and post bios of their fav drivers or any others they may come across in their reading.

My other ask is that this thread not be polluted with propaganda. High quality journalistic pieces and not foolishness is the order of the day.

Thanks in advance!!
Cheers-MKSixer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/c1...gcW2ZDh_dP6vWk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2021, 09:50 PM   #2
shoei
Banned
Rep

Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

https://sports.jrank.org/pages/4319/...r-Michael.html

Have a lot of drivers I've watched and admired and consider favorites but Schumacher was one of my first introductions to F1 when I was a kid, so he's always gonna have a special place.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
chuckthis358.50
      08-14-2021, 10:12 PM   #3
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post

Have a lot of drivers I've watched and admired and consider favorites but Schumacher was one of my first introductions to F1 when I was a kid, so he's always gonna have a special place.
Very nice!
I met him in Germany and his autograph is on an internal Mercedes magazine which is about 6 feet from me as I type this.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2021, 10:17 PM   #4
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:

Very nice!
I met him in Germany and his autograph is on an internal Mercedes magazine which is about 6 feet from me as I type this.
You know, Schumacher kinda responsible for Hamilton, lol. Think it was 2012? Schumacher kept stalling on decision if he was gonna continue to race or retire again - Mercedes/Petronas had no choice and snagged Hamilton lol.

Why isn't Hamilton more loved by F1 fans though? Even in a recent fan poll that F1 put out, Hamilton came in 8th or 9th in that poll.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      08-14-2021, 10:21 PM   #5
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
You know, Schumacher kinda responsible for Hamilton, lol. Think it was 2012? Schumacher kept stalling on decision if he was gonna continue to race or retire again - Mercedes/Petronas had no choice and snagged Hamilton lol.

Why isn't Hamilton more loved by F1 fans though? Even in a recent fan poll that F1 put out, Hamilton came in 8th or 9th in that poll.
So true. Lauda combined with that delay put Lewis in that seat and the rest is history.

As far as popularity, the stance Sir Lewis made in the areas of racial equality have made quite a few people upset. Including a few here. That combined with the winning puts him in a bad place for certain fans. The number of people hoping for his downfall is legion.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 10:43 PM   #6
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:

So true. Lauda combined with that delay put Lewis in that seat and the rest is history.

As far as popularity, the stance Sir Lewis made in the areas of racial equality have made quite a few people upset. Including a few here. That combined with the winning puts him in a bad place for certain fans. The number of people hoping for his downfall is legion.
Got it. I truly hoped that wasn't the case but…. 'Murica lol.

He's a stupendous driver. I like Vettel as well but I think Hamilton is the superior driver. Vettel drives great if that makes sense. Two entirely different things IMO.

Schumacher was also a stupendous driver IMO.

It's also difficult to rank different era drivers because the cars and F1 rules have evolved so drastically. I guess what I'm saying is, can't guarantee the drivers present - Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, Ricciardo etc, would have the same success if racing in Stirling Moss era in those cars, lol. You know, back when safety was zero importance.

Schumacher wasn't universally loved but that mofo was universally admired by even his competitors. He brought so much change to F1. He was one of the first drivers to put an emphasis on working out and being fit. The "Team Orders" pretty much got blacklisted because of Schumacher and Ferrari and honestly? When they (F1) change the rules annually to attempt to slow you down? You know you are fucking good, lol.

*You mentioned Lauda and I do believe he deserves to be in top tier if solely based on winning wdc two different teams, nearly dying and then having half your face burnt off and you come back to lose the WDC by only 2 points LOL.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50