New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-23-2017, 05:14 PM   #1189
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I just video recorded myself drawing for the first time. Interesting. Pretty much exactly what i thought it would look like. I'm fairly certain that my foe would be crippled with fear upon seeing how fast i can go to guns. lol

Actually did a couple, (empty gun) draw and shoot, then draw, rack, shoot and then did the draw, rack and shoot in slow-mo. Kind of fun, never seen myself doing that before.

Edit: The things i do when no one else is at the office.
LOL. Glad it opened up a personal experiment for you. From a concealed position or OWB? How'd the timing feel?

I mean honestly, it's not as simple as people think. Oh I just bought a gun, now I can unholster, charge, aim, and shoot in one second. Doesn't work like that even for people that have shot forever.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #1190
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

Except me I also dive thru the air and can hold target, alien blood
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 05:17 PM   #1191
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just video recorded myself drawing for the first time. Interesting. Pretty much exactly what i thought it would look like. I'm fairly certain that my foe would be crippled with fear upon seeing how fast i can go to guns. lol

Actually did a couple, (empty gun) draw and shoot, then draw, rack, shoot and then did the draw, rack and shoot in slow-mo. Kind of fun, never seen myself doing that before.

Did you move in slow mo or watch it that way
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 06:06 PM   #1192
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Quote:

Did you move in slow mo or watch it that way
      02-23-2017, 06:17 PM   #1193
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Quote:

LOL. Glad it opened up a personal experiment for you. From a concealed position or OWB? How'd the timing feel?

I mean honestly, it's not as simple as people think. Oh I just bought a gun, now I can unholster, charge, aim, and shoot in one second. Doesn't work like that even for people that have shot forever.
I'm not an advocate of carrying with an empty chamber but I'm pretty quick to the trigger when simulating it. There didn't seem to be much of a difference between the time it took to draw & charge and drawing and not charging.

Pm me your number, I'll text you the videos.

Oh yeah, from concealed. (Don't want you to be disappointed when you see that I'm not naked in the videos.)
      02-23-2017, 06:48 PM   #1194
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
I'm not an advocate of carrying with an empty chamber but I'm pretty quick to the trigger when simulating it. There didn't seem to be much of a difference between the time it took to draw & charge and drawing and not charging.

Pm me your number, I'll text you the videos.

Oh yeah, from concealed. (Don't want you to be disappointed when you see that I'm not naked in the videos.)
Im a anti safety, chambered concealer. I couldnt imagine trying to chamber under a lot of circumstances. Proactive although not a 100% defense, its one step ahead.

Right now im focused on maintaining target and a good shot. The ramge near me I can set a delay for flip, so ill do a 3 second delay and 2 second face time. Stay in ready position pointed down, and raise on target flip, that in itself is hard to hit a 10" circle or center like stationary for that matter.

Its fun but makes you realize how quick things happen and how slow a single reaction can be. To unholster and assess is not an insignificant or quick action to the untrained. Im terribly slow and not afraid to admit it.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #1195
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

If you has a 1911 can charge 1 handed no probs
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #1196
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When you shoot in slow motion and record try and speak in slow motion also.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      02-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #1197
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Im a anti safety, chambered concealer. I couldnt imagine trying to chamber under a lot of circumstances. Proactive although not a 100% defense, its one step ahead.

Right now im focused on maintaining target and a good shot. The ramge near me I can set a delay for flip, so ill do a 3 second delay and 2 second face time. Stay in ready position pointed down, and raise on target flip, that in itself is hard to hit a 10" circle or center like stationary for that matter.

Its fun but makes you realize how quick things happen and how slow a single reaction can be. To unholster and assess is not an insignificant or quick action to the untrained. Im terribly slow and not afraid to admit it.
Taking more time to chamber is but just one reason to carry with one in the pipe. But with enough training, one can make an argument against that singular reason. Almost ALL the other reasons however, have no argument.

Like you said, with enough situational awareness and a regimented travel schedule, etc... you can maintain a high probability of having an advantage without one in the chamber. But there are too many other reasons to carry with one in the chamber.

Keep practicing, you'll get faster and it'll become more natural while being more fun!
      02-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #1198
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

Less talk more action mofo's, bump in the night gun Remington 1911 with home defense rounds and green laser grips:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Axius4202.00
      02-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #1199
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Taking more time to chamber is but just one reason to carry with one in the pipe. But with enough training, one can make an argument against that singular reason. Almost ALL the other reasons however, have no argument.

Like you said, with enough situational awareness and a regimented travel schedule, etc... you can maintain a high probability of having an advantage without one in the chamber. But there are too many other reasons to carry with one in the chamber.

Keep practicing, you'll get faster and it'll become more natural while being more fun!
Carrying unchambered IMO is almost as bad as not carrying. That single noise will point you out in an instant. Might be paranoid but its all precaution and being proactive.

For sure. Its not speed for me as much as it is forcing myself to be aware of surroundings when going places. Ill force myself to pay attention to small details that people do. Second is shooting. Third will be learning to combine both.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 10:10 PM   #1200
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Told you i was like lighting!

For some reason this one came out unfocused. Sorry for the vertical format but i didn't record with the intent to post it.

RJ_1202.50
      02-23-2017, 10:22 PM   #1201
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Carrying unchambered IMO is almost as bad as not carrying. That single noise will point you out in an instant. Might be paranoid but its all precaution and being proactive.

For sure. Its not speed for me as much as it is forcing myself to be aware of surroundings when going places. Ill force myself to pay attention to small details that people do. Second is shooting. Third will be learning to combine both.
Just whip your dick out they will fall down laughing, confrontation over.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 11:12 PM   #1202
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep

Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Less talk more action mofo's, bump in the night gun Remington 1911 with home defense rounds and green laser grips:
That's a nice looking 1911.

I've been playing around with the thought of picking up a 1911. Not sure what to look for since I've read mixed reviews on them. Don't wanna spend an arm and a leg either.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 11:17 PM   #1203
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Springfield armory makes good 1911, American made lifetime warranty have a loaded I like and looking for colt series 70 shortly
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2017, 11:46 PM   #1204
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck fat View Post
That's a nice looking 1911.

I've been playing around with the thought of picking up a 1911. Not sure what to look for since I've read mixed reviews on them. Don't wanna spend an arm and a leg either.
what's your budget?

springfield is a very good place to start.

If it's in the budget i think the springfield TRP is very good value for the money, the dan wesson valor is right there too.

if you are looking to go more 'basic' i would go springfield or colt. Any of the custom shops will work on them, not so with all makers. I have a bunch of 1911s, i am sad to say that my colt xse is the 'loosest' one in my collection.
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2017, 12:48 AM   #1205
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Lol you guys were a little too hard on the woman. Sara is still new to this whole thing. We should be more supportive lmao. Im sure over time she'll learn on her own everything there is to know about guns.
      02-24-2017, 01:42 AM   #1206
imserious
Major
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

Unless you're a mercenary in a persistently hostile environment I don't understand the obsession with speed training and preparing for obscure scenarios - like karate chopping a man with your left hand, hip firing 2 rounds at point blank range with your right hand and then shoving your pistol in his face in under 2 seconds.

Wouldn't you think that most scenarios involve a conversation/confrontation and using your weapon as you understand the situation escalating? Even if you can draw and fire in under 1 sec - can you make the decision to use deadly force as quickly?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 04:28 AM   #1207
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Drives: 335 e93

1911 is a terrific weapon. You do get what you pay for. They suck to clean. They like to be wet. Very accurate and great stopping power. Colt and Springfield are good base models. Kimber is good bang for buck. Then higher end ones are reaaly good but they tend to be very tight tolerances and need breaking in. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 2
      02-24-2017, 08:25 AM   #1208
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Told you i was like lighting!

For some reason this one came out unfocused. Sorry for the vertical format but i didn't record with the intent to post it.

That's not you. That person is way too young.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7926.00
Mr Tonka6058.00
      02-24-2017, 08:36 AM   #1209
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
1911 is a terrific weapon. You do get what you pay for. They suck to clean. They like to be wet. Very accurate and great stopping power. Colt and Springfield are good base models. Kimber is good bang for buck. Then higher end ones are reaaly good but they tend to be very tight tolerances and need breaking in. Hope this helps.
This is a very accurate statement. I probably have damn near 1k rounds through my Kimber and it's still very tight. If you have a Kimber or Springfield 1911 with a 3" barrel, do yourself a favor and buy the 1911 ultratool. Works so much better than that little shit wire they give you with the gun.

http://1911ultratool.com/Home
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2017, 08:46 AM   #1210
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

A whole 1k rounds? I doubled that in under a year on my sa. Not much of a fan of the commanders or whatever with shorter barrel. 1911 should be govt.
Appreciate 0