BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-17-2022, 08:37 AM   #1
Benjamin P
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1-series

So where i live it have started to become really cold like -10 degrees celcius. And my car have started to having trouble starting. So it all started when suddently 5 warnings came up at the same time every time i turn the ignition on. And normally i would turn the ignition on and wait for the glow plugs to warm up then start it and ive never had problems starting it before it got cold. But now where i think the problem is, is that normally the preheating program icon shows up in the cluster screen, but now it either doesnt show up even in super cold or it shows up for like 2 seconds then gets cancelled by a warning light. Its super anoying since i cant see the glow plug icon then. I have been to a shop but they could not get access to delete the warnings. And i do wanna say they go away the second the engine comes on and theres no problem with these systems when driving, wich could lead me to think it is “fake” warnings. Now should i focus on going to an actual bmw dealer and have this checked (could be expensive) or should i try swapping something out like the battery. Could the battery cause fake warnings and have such little power it cant warm the glow plugs very fast? I do wanna say it takes like 10 cranks to start the engine when its the coldest and maybe 3 in a bit cold and in all summer months it starts up in a second.

Thank you if you read it all and might be able to help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2023, 07:38 AM   #2
millicentgill
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi

Yesterday I had an interesting conversation with my friend. He said that this site is most useful for students looking for academic assistance. Here I found out which websites I can trust.
Appreciate 0