New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

12-04-2007, 06:43 AM   #23
NoKids
Major
Rep

Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
missed the game today but read the play-by-play on NFL.com and was stoked!!! Must have been one hell of a game!
it was a crappy game.

Baltimore didn't have Heap, they are a one dimensional running team with no WR threats; and they have BOLLER as QB! and NE's defense could not stop them from running the ball. Some Defensive Genius bill bellichek is!
I dont understand why NE's d waited until the 4th Quarter to stuff Baltimore's running game.

I thought it was a very mediocre performance by NE. Their running game was no good. Their pass protection was not good; but in the 4th it was excellent. Brady did his part, but his WR's kept dropping balls! Moss dropped 2 TD's and a long bomb, Watson dropped 2 TD's on the same drive, it was just ugly to watch.

The weather did have something to do with it.
      12-04-2007, 06:47 AM   #24
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
it was a crappy game.

Baltimore didn't have Heap, they are a one dimensional running team with no WR threats; and they have BOLLER as QB! and NE's defense could not stop them from running the ball. Some Defensive Genius bill bellichek is!
I dont understand why NE's d waited until the 4th Quarter to stuff Baltimore's running game.

I thought it was a very mediocre performance by NE. Their running game was no good. Their pass protection was not good; but in the 4th it was excellent. Brady did his part, but his WR's kept dropping balls! Moss dropped 2 TD's and a long bomb, Watson dropped 2 TD's on the same drive, it was just ugly to watch.

Your right Bellicheck is a bad coach because of one game....that they won. If you want to talk about bad coaches how about them Ravens? Time out? what?

Oh also, I hope the Ravens seriously own that Scott guy. He screwed them over so much. Now shit, I know it was a close game and would have been an upset. But after that first infraction he should have calmed down not for him but for his team.

Whos to say they couldnt have gotten a field goal without his 15 yard penalty and such.
      12-04-2007, 06:52 AM   #25
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
WOW! the ravens apparently are saying that the NFL has it rigged.

What about the horrible refs in the Pats vs Colts game? And we still won.

I know it shouldnt matter but wtf we cant get any props for shit. Now its a conspiracy? I swear these guys are like little kids and the ref who supposedly called one of the ravens a boy was right. They threw a temper tantrum.
      12-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #26
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Not that it really matters, but if Scott had pulled that in the NBA, he'd have long been gone to the locker room.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #27
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatty View Post
Are you kidding me? The Steelers who lost to the Jets and beat the Dolphins by 3? Their record would be nowhere near where it is now if they played decent teams.
Don't forget almost lost to the Browns as well

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #28
fobunited
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2011 550i

uuhhh.... I don't think ANY college team can beat any NFL team.

And Ohio State or LSU of all teams, who don't even have a perfect record in COLLEGE football?

College football teams are usually pretty one dimensional. They have strengths in certain areas, and therefore can run trick plays with greater success than in the NFL.

The NFL is a PROFESSIONAL football league, and all players in all positions are arguably the BEST players in their respective positions from college. Add to that, the defenses in the NFL have seen pretty much every trick play in the book.

Personally, I doubt a college team can beat an NFL team, but I definitely would like to see something along the lines of USC, Florida, or LSU vs. Oakland, Miama, or NY. It'd be fun to watch regardless.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 10:45 AM   #29
Neurorad
Major
Rep

Drives: 2017 340xi

My city's well-paid, hired, professional sports players play better than your city's well-paid, hired, professional sports players.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 01:15 PM   #30
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep

Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
well..the thing is that every team is playing the Pats like they're playing the Super bowl. Even Miami will give the Pats a hard game (or at least try)

who knows....maybe the only win Miami gets is from the Pats...lol
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #31
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
well..the thing is that every team is playing the Pats like they're playing the Super bowl. Even Miami will give the Pats a hard game (or at least try)

who knows....maybe the only win Miami gets is from the Pats...lol
haha, thats hilarious. Hopefully doesnt happen.

Truthfully if i was a real dick I would hope that Miami goes defeated for the season and the Pats go undefeated.

Just so Shula can get the ultimate blow to his gay ego.

Today that black guy who opened his mouth saying it wont count blah blah. He was on ESPN again and said how he is a fan but isnt part of Miami so doesnt like when people say his team might go defeated.

What faggots, if they were going undefeated i bet all those members would be like yea its our team our guys.
      12-04-2007, 08:50 PM   #32
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92

get rid of wes welker and cowboys got you in arizona next year
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #33
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2003 330i; 1999 328i (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
and the last 2 weeks in those elements they barely got it done against teams that probably couldn't beat Ohio State, LSU or Oklahoma most of the time. They have some major flaws to fix and any of those 3 teams (Steelers, Jags and Colts) all have the offense schemes (passing + solid running game) and defense schemes (can stop the run plus being able to get to the QB with only DL pressure plus solid blitz packages and a physical secondary) that hit the Patriot's weaknesses and are more than capable of beating them. But don't take my word for it, take Rodney's....

"I felt that this was the first time all year that we got bullied," Patriots safety Rodney Harrison said. "We can't allow teams to run the ball and pound it like that. There are times this is a mano-on-mano battle and they were winning it. Tonight's game showed we have a lot of problems and we're going to look at the film and make corrections before we play Pittsburgh."
Mmmm, humble pie.

It's obvious you don't pay much attention to the NFL.
      12-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #34
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
I really hate saying anything because I will sound like a douche defending the Pats no matter what but I still will.

First off i bet no one thought it would be caught they all just stood there which was bad but they still stopped him.

Secondly Samuel was being pushed and held by one of the Ravens players and would have easily been called if the refs still wanted the game to go on.

Crazy catch none-the-less but the Pats still won cant believe it.

Oh and now ESPN is saying Brady being Brady...ESPN is so unoriginal.
Held? I think Mason was held after the game on suspicion of rape! He was all over Asante.
      12-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #35
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
it was a crappy game.

They played mediocre against a team having a great day on the road, and they still won. No one but a very good team wins that game.
      12-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #36
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Don't forget almost lost to the Browns as well
They beat the playoff-bound Browns by 17.
      12-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #37
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobunited View Post
uuhhh.... I don't think ANY college team can beat any NFL team.

And Ohio State or LSU of all teams, who don't even have a perfect record in COLLEGE football?

College football teams are usually pretty one dimensional. They have strengths in certain areas, and therefore can run trick plays with greater success than in the NFL.

The NFL is a PROFESSIONAL football league, and all players in all positions are arguably the BEST players in their respective positions from college. Add to that, the defenses in the NFL have seen pretty much every trick play in the book.

Personally, I doubt a college team can beat an NFL team, but I definitely would like to see something along the lines of USC, Florida, or LSU vs. Oakland, Miama, or NY. It'd be fun to watch regardless.
OSU has struggled against mediocre college teams. They'd be decimated by an NFL teams. It'd be about the only way Miami could win a game though, lol.
      12-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #38
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
the Colts and Jaguars? So you are talking playoffs right? Did you forget the Pats are amazing in the playoffs even when we didnt have Moss etc.

Oh it was, I was going crazy, so many 4th downs. I was worried as hell. But it was amazing, just i never want them to be that close again this season.

Now the fact of the matter is the Patriots are 12-0. Sure they had 2 bad games. But so have the Steelers so have the rest of their opponents they are scheduled to go against. I am not counting the Steelers out or any team for that matter.

I think what we are seeing is a great team proving themselves. Shit even when they absolutely suck and any other team in the NFL would have loss. They win.

Oh and anyone get extremely pissed at Shula and the guys in the booth last night? They were seriously riding his dick and talking about how he is going to drink champagne and all this blah blah when the Ravens got a touchdown and then made the Pats punt.

Then he leaves with 9 mins left or so. I wanted to hear his reaction. I think he is an absolute tool.
Shula > cheating Belicheat

the patriots entire organization comes off as a bunch of douchebags who have made themselves the biggest villain in sports now. Everyone outside of new england just sees them as cheaters who complain about not getting any respect over the years. The pats will fall in the playoffs, and when it happens it will be the most disappointing season ever.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 10:30 PM   #39
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

How did anyone besides Belichick cheat? Brady didn't cheat. Moss didn't cheat. Welker didn't cheat. No one on the active roster cheated.

You and everyone else that says the whole organization cheated are the people who come off as douchebags, because you wear your jealousy and hatred on your sleeves with blind and idiotic hatred.
      12-04-2007, 10:38 PM   #40
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
How did anyone besides Belichick cheat? Brady didn't cheat. Moss didn't cheat. Welker didn't cheat. No one on the active roster cheated.

You and everyone else that says the whole organization cheated are the people who come off as douchebags, because you wear your jealousy and hatred on your sleeves with blind and idiotic hatred.
"blind and idiotic hatred", LMAO. HEY GENIUS, the team was CAUGHT cheating. Remember, they were fined and lost a 1st rd pick. You're ignorant if you actually believe the leaders on defense and offense (brady) did not know what was going on, the leaders were the ones being relayed the fucking signals from the other team. Theres a reason they didnt just fine belichick and fire the rat that was spying, they penalized the TEAM by taking away a draft pick. Keep defending them along with the rest of the bandwagon pats fans that couldnt fill a stadium 15 yrs ago, it amuses me.

I praise Kornheiser for what he said last night, he spoke what everyone else in the media believes and just wont say. They are cheaters, and people despise them. Its one thing to hate the yankees and lakers and cowboy dynasties. Yes, people hated and rooted against those teams, but people respected them because they won with INTEGRITY, something Belicheat knows nothing about.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #41
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep

Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
all pro sports are fixed anyways...so relax

if people think the multi-billion dollar gambling part does not effect an outcome of a game....
nevermind, this is another story
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 11:05 PM   #42
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine3 View Post
"blind and idiotic hatred", LMAO. HEY GENIUS, the team was CAUGHT cheating. Remember, they were fined and lost a 1st rd pick. You're ignorant if you actually believe the leaders on defense and offense (brady) did not know what was going on, the leaders were the ones being relayed the fucking signals from the other team. Theres a reason they didnt just fine belichick and fire the rat that was spying, they penalized the TEAM by taking away a draft pick. Keep defending them along with the rest of the bandwagon pats fans that couldnt fill a stadium 15 yrs ago, it amuses me.

I praise Kornheiser for what he said last night, he spoke what everyone else in the media believes and just wont say. They are cheaters, and people despise them. Its one thing to hate the yankees and lakers and cowboy dynasties. Yes, people hated and rooted against those teams, but people respected them because they won with INTEGRITY, something Belicheat knows nothing about.
You're blindly biased and downright retarded if you throw caution to the wind and say they knew about it without a shadow of a doub.t

This is so funny. You look so foolish. You are SO green with envy since whatever pathetic team you root for won't win the Super Bowl, and the Patriots will go 19-0. I love how it shows so much that it burns your ass that a team you have so much hatred for will be perfect.
      12-04-2007, 11:05 PM   #43
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
all pro sports are fixed anyways...so relax

if people think the multi-billion dollar gambling part does not effect an outcome of a game....
nevermind, this is another story
That's only the NBA, PGA, and women's tennis...
      12-04-2007, 11:20 PM   #44
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You're blindly biased and downright retarded if you throw caution to the wind and say they knew about it without a shadow of a doub.t

This is so funny. You look so foolish. You are SO green with envy since whatever pathetic team you root for won't win the Super Bowl, and the Patriots will go 19-0. I love how it shows so much that it burns your ass that a team you have so much hatred for will be perfect.
fuckface, we already know they have been cheating since the 1st superbowl year. Why would they continue to risk getting caught for another 6 years if it wasnt paying off, the players knew, assistant coaches knew, other teams coaches knew about it. If you read SI anytime after the fines were handed down you would believe it too. But hey, whatever lets you sleeps at night.

The great thing about this, is there will ALWAYS be that shadow of doubt on everything the patriots have accomplished over the last few years. 15 years from now people will talk about the Patriots superbowls and it will always follow with "yeah, but..." . I would rather my team have 1 superbowl title that was legitimately won with class than the 3 titles the pats won.
Appreciate 0