Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Yesterday, 04:42 PM   #397
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Pretty ignorant.
But I thought you should only look at the good people have done? I just want to see how far you're willing to stretch that to fit your preferences.

I'm stunned on a daily basis in these threads by the level of hypocrisy. I couldn't believe my eyes as someone applauded Trump for pardoning Blagojevich because they think he will turn his life around. Everyone is on a crusade to weed out corruption in Ukraine, yet this guy was caught red-handed on tape trying to literally auction off a senate seat but now we're all good with it. As long as Trump says it's okay, it's a go for you guys.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; Yesterday at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 2
quick6153.00

Yesterday, 05:07 PM   #398
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
But I thought you should only look at the good people have done? I just want to see how far you're willing to stretch that to fit your preferences.

I'm stunned on a daily basis in these threads by the level of hypocrisy. I couldn't believe my eyes as someone applauded Trump for pardoning Blagojevich because they think he will turn his life around. Everyone is on a crusade to weed out corruption in Ukraine, yet this guy was caught red-handed on tape trying to literally auction off a senate seat but now we're all good with it. As long as Trump says it's okay, it's a go for you guys.
You will find I stand solid in the far liberal camp when it comes to prison sentences. Wasn't Blog in jail for something like 8 years? I feel that is more than enough.

I think we put people in jail for WWWAAAAYY longer than we should be, I am against the death penalty and I don't think anyone caught doing drugs, vice crime, or many other crimes should be in prison at all.

I don't think we should have been weeding out corruption in Ukraine either - it's none of our damn business and we surely shouldn't be giving them money to fight against Russia.

Yesterday, 05:50 PM   #399
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
You will find I stand solid in the far liberal camp when it comes to prison sentences. Wasn't Blog in jail for something like 8 years? I feel that is more than enough.

I think we put people in jail for WWWAAAAYY longer than we should be, I am against the death penalty and I don't think anyone caught doing drugs, vice crime, or many other crimes should be in prison at all.

I don't think we should have been weeding out corruption in Ukraine either - it's none of our damn business and we surely shouldn't be giving them money to fight against Russia.
Prison sentences being excessive I absolutely agree with, I also think many of the laws now are more of a method of getting more tax revenue then to instill real safety and order in society

I disagree on the Death Sentence, that needs to be in place for unredeemable individuals who taken a person life.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12754.50

Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #400
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Quote:

Prison sentences being excessive I absolutely agree with, I also think many of the laws now are more of a method of getting more tax revenue then to instill real safety and order in society

I disagree on the Death Sentence, that needs to be in place for unredeemable individuals who taken a person life.
We will agree to disagree on the death penalty. Humans do not hold the rights of God and we have no more right to take the life of a murder than we do an unborn child.

These are my beliefs. I respect yours, I just don't agree. Which is okay.

Yesterday, 08:03 PM   #401
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
We will agree to disagree on the death penalty. Humans do not hold the rights of God and we have no more right to take the life of a murder than we do an unborn child.

These are my beliefs. I respect yours, I just don't agree. Which is okay.
Life isn't cheap, it the most valuable thing someone has and it simple an even bargin someone plan, cruelly took someone life away they should have to pay the same price and not be rewarded with state benefits for the remaider of his life.

Unborn children are innocent being a murder isn't so I don't see any confliction between being pro life and pro capital punishment which I am.

But as you said I completely disagree but I still respect your position on it regardless.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent12754.50
SakhirM49870.50
MKSixer18087.50

Yesterday, 10:09 PM   #402
Eriphill
Captain
Rep

Bloomberg just got scalped by a fake Indian. I wonder if he can still get the 400 million back that he spent this month.

Appreciate 4
MKSixer18087.50
Poiseuille3819.50
NickyC5535.00

Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #403
ny325
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Jet Black E90

I don’t think Mini Mike, or any democrat has a chance. Trump in 2020.
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille3819.50

Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #404
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Bloomberg just got scalped by a fake Indian. I wonder if he can still get the 400 million back that he spent this month.

This is an epic crash and burn. Mike is getting pummeled.
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #405
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote of the Night:

"I was into Bernie before it was cool."
-P. Buttigeig, January 19, 2020

Picture of the Democratic Panel in the final moments of the debate.
Attached Images

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.

Last edited by MKSixer; Yesterday at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 3
      Yesterday, 11:29 PM   #406
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
United_States
Rep

Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
What an absolute clown show. Didn't watch all of it, just the highlights. The closing statements were terrible by all the candidates. Biden is like that old, weird uncle that you laugh at Thanksgiving. Man, this is all they have to offer America? Won't be much drama come Nov.
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18087.50
Poiseuille3819.50

Yesterday, 11:59 PM   #407
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
What an absolute clown show. Didn't watch all of it, just the highlights. The closing statements were terrible by all the candidates. Biden is like that old, weird uncle that you laugh at Thanksgiving. Man, this is all they have to offer America? Won't be much drama come Nov.
Here is a one-photo summation of the evening.
Attached Images

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12754.50
Poiseuille3819.50

Today, 01:38 AM   #408
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW, Lexus

So basically the DNC has been unable to put forth a viable moderate candidate. Biden flopped and I wouldn't be surprised if Bloomberg does too after his performance tonight. He seemed like an effective leader as Mayor but his ability to debate is poor given how the political climate's change in recent years. So all that leaves is Buttigeg?

Then you have the radicals crazy Bernie and Pocahontas. I just find it very hard to see independents and generally educated working people to support his nonsense platform. There's generally liberal people I know who say he's too far left. I know it's anecdotal, but I think it's a fair observation.
      Today, 07:32 AM   #409
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

The state of the democratic party:

Turn out the lights and remember that the blame is on the dnc and the dnc only. All this time and this is what they bring? Absolutely brutal.

Prediction:
Brokered convention with Bernie Bros getting off their leashes and physically attacking people. I hope I'm wrong about violence but...

Last edited by gonzo; Today at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 3
MKSixer18087.50
Poiseuille3819.50

Today, 08:52 AM   #410
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

immediately following last night's Democrat debate in Las Vegas==>
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:02 AM   #411
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Last night was the first debate I watched and... woof. I only watched the first 1:15 or so but Bloomberg looked like the Hindenburg out there and my wife said of Warren "Jesus, does she ever come up for air???" She and Bernie tried to rule the room but they're unelectable so who cares.

Biden is sunk and looks so old he should be printed on money.

The only two I thought looked remotely sensible are Klobuchar and Mayor Pete.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0