New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

04-20-2023, 09:00 AM   #23
IftiBashir
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvern_man View Post
This is the method I use...(my X5 has a full front end PPF applied and fully ceramic coated)

Clean the wheels first...spray them with a citrus pre-wash and let it dwell for a few minutes then rinse off. Then use a dedicated wheel shampoo, wheel woolies, ultra soft detailing brushes and a dedicated wheel mitt. Don't ever use the same mitt that you use on your wheels on your paintwork, I've also got 2 separate buckets with grit guards for wheels only.

Paintwork...use your preferred snow foam to cover the car, I always snow foam on to dry paintwork. Let the snow foam dwell for a few minutes then pressure wash off, DO NOT wipe snow foam off with a wash mitt, snow foam is used to soften any road film on the paintwork before doing a contact wash. If you use a wash mitt to remove snow foam you'll just be rubbing dirt and grit into the paintwork causing swirl marks and marring.

Contact wash...use whatever your preferred car shampoo is for the contact wash using the 2 bucket with grit guards method.

After the contact wash...I sometimes use a foam cannon applied spray and rinse sealant such as ValetPRO snow seal, Bilt Hamber Touch-On or Koch Chemie protector wax. Gyeon wet coat is very good too.

Drying...I use a twisted loop drying towel in conjunction with a BigBoi BlowR Mini+ car blower.
Exactly my routine, other then the blower at the end
Appreciate 0