New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-17-2022, 08:19 PM   #1519
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
458 is the much better looking car. C8Z looks like a cheap Ferrari copy from Southeast Asia. Still a very good car because it's affordable etc.
I guess that's the great part about being into this car culture, everyone likes different things!

Debadge both cars and everyone will flock to the C8Z. Without a question.

The C8Z is already a legend and GM only pre-came the production of it for the 1st MY.

The 458 was in production for how long? And everyone forgot about it already since the debut of the C8Z.

Both great cars. But legends are meant to be surpassed. The C8Z has surpassed the 458. It beat it at it's own game. For a fraction of the cost.
Yawn
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 08:53 PM   #1520
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
I guess that's the great part about being into this car culture, everyone likes different things!

Debadge both cars and everyone will flock to the C8Z. Without a question.

The C8Z is already a legend and GM only pre-came the production of it for the 1st MY.

The 458 was in production for how long? And everyone forgot about it already since the debut of the C8Z.

Both great cars. But legends are meant to be surpassed. The C8Z has surpassed the 458. It beat it at it's own game. For a fraction of the cost.
lol come on now. I know you’re a C8 fanboy which is fine but that’s just a ridiculous statement. The 458 is easily one of the best looking cars ever made and the C8Z just…isn’t. To your average person they can’t tell the difference between a C8 and a C8Z just like they see a base 911 and a GT3 as the same car. It will be a great car no doubt but the hyperbole here is just so over the top ridiculous. The carbon seats that were a 458 option IMO are also the best looking seats in any car under $1m
Appreciate 4
Cos270608.50
Nkc1600.50
Red Bread4463.00
Seedster2279.00
      10-17-2022, 09:28 PM   #1521
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 18 Z06 M7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
lol come on now. I know you’re a C8 fanboy which is fine but that’s just a ridiculous statement. The 458 is easily one of the best looking cars ever made and the C8Z just…isn’t. To your average person they can’t tell the difference between a C8 and a C8Z just like they see a base 911 and a GT3 as the same car. It will be a great car no doubt but the hyperbole here is just so over the top ridiculous. The carbon seats that were a 458 option IMO are also the best looking seats in any car under $1m
Have to second this. The Vettes aren’t bad looking cars, from some angles very good looking. I love the C8 (rear is meh for me which is funny because I loved c7 rear). But the 458 is incredibly beautiful car and I’m not even an F fan boy. Generally speaking I’d go towards a GT2/3 or McLaren well before an F car.

Where the z06 wins i the engine and performance. That is where Chevy hit it out of the park.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7837.00
Cos270608.50
      10-17-2022, 11:56 PM   #1522
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
The 458 is easily one of the best looking cars ever made
Naw, it's nowhere as horrible as an Enzo or Mondail, as far as looks, but it's no supercar like a Testarossa, 288 GTO, F40, F8, 599 GTO, or many others. The 458 seems fairly plain to me with some slightly offensive headlights. I wouldn't kick it out of bed, but I wouldn't put it up there with one of the "best looking cars ever". It seems a lot more like they tried to make the 458 more rounded, not too edgy, not too risqué etc. It's on the same plain as the C8 to me and not in the same league as the Ferrari "greats" IMO.
      10-18-2022, 04:24 AM   #1523
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep

Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Car enthusiasts or people who have a clue about cars will know what a 458 is with or without the badging.

The comment was the 458 looks better than the C8Z. It doesn't.

Especially if you put a C8Z with the Z07 package next to the 458. The 458 looks outdated in comparison. That's just how it is.

People can argue that the C8Z w/Z07 looks overdone, transformers like with all the aero, a cheap ferrari or any irrelevant nonsense about it. If you debadge both cars and throw both cars in an empty lot, people without a clue about the history or any knowledge at all about what those cars are will flock to the C8Z because that type of design, in todays world, will draw more eyes. That's how it is.

Radical looking cars like that will always grab attention.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 04:53 AM   #1524
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Car enthusiasts or people who have a clue about cars will know what a 458 is with or without the badging.

Especially if you put a C8Z with the Z07 package next to the 458. The 458 looks outdated in comparison. That's just how it is.

People can argue that the C8Z w/Z07 looks overdone, transformers like with all the aero, a cheap ferrari or any irrelevant nonsense about it. If you debadge both cars and throw both cars in an empty lot, people without a clue about the history or any knowledge at all about what those cars are will flock to the C8Z because that type of design, in todays world, will draw more eyes. That's how it is.

Yawn
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 05:46 AM   #1525
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00 View Post
Quote:
lol come on now. I know you're a C8 fanboy which is fine but that's just a ridiculous statement. The 458 is easily one of the best looking cars ever made and the C8Z just…isn't. To your average person they can't tell the difference between a C8 and a C8Z just like they see a base 911 and a GT3 as the same car. It will be a great car no doubt but the hyperbole here is just so over the top ridiculous. The carbon seats that were a 458 option IMO are also the best looking seats in any car under $1m
Have to second this. The Vettes aren't bad looking cars, from some angles very good looking. I love the C8 (rear is meh for me which is funny because I loved c7 rear). But the 458 is incredibly beautiful car and I'm not even an F fan boy. Generally speaking I'd go towards a GT2/3 or McLaren well before an F car.

Where the z06 wins i the engine and performance. That is where Chevy hit it out of the park.
I would pray that the performance is better. How old is the 458 platform? Again, 99% of people that are able and willing to spend 2-300 grand for these cars are not going to change their mind and swing by the Chevy dealer. I get it that some people think it's the same sound and better performance for half the money. But…. It's still a Chevy. That's sounds ignorant but it's a fact. Are some people that have 4-5 exotics going to want to add a Z06 to their stable, sure. Everyone needs a beater🤣 I wish I had baller money. I know I would not be driving this turd BMW:-) I just think it's more of a status thing than anything else. For example, most people buying the Z06 will know everything about its performance. 1/4 mile/0-60 /ring time. A lot who are buying the exotics just won't. They are spending 300 or more grand to get something most dream of and will never be able to have. I hate those people 😂
Appreciate 3
Cos270608.50
AlexFL7837.00
Humdizzle6070.50
      10-18-2022, 07:53 AM   #1526
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
I would pray that the performance is better. How old is the 458 platform? Again, 99% of people that are able and willing to spend 2-300 grand for these cars are not going to change their mind and swing by the Chevy dealer. I get it that some people think it's the same sound and better performance for half the money. But…. It's still a Chevy. That's sounds ignorant but it's a fact. Are some people that have 4-5 exotics going to want to add a Z06 to their stable, sure. Everyone needs a beater🤣 I wish I had baller money. I know I would not be driving this turd BMW:-) I just think it's more of a status thing than anything else. For example, most people buying the Z06 will know everything about its performance. 1/4 mile/0-60 /ring time. A lot who are buying the exotics just won't. They are spending 300 or more grand to get something most dream of and will never be able to have. I hate those people 😂
Well I meant in general on the performance not the 458 but compared to most out there.

Frankly if Covid markups didn’t happen and you could get a Z06 at MSRP it would be a great buy. Given what they are going for though, I’d rather pay markup on a GT3. At least they hold their value, That marked-up Z06 is going to depreciate like a rock a I suspect.
Appreciate 3
AlexFL7837.00
Cos270608.50
Humdizzle6070.50
      10-18-2022, 12:44 PM   #1527
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well I meant in general on the performance not the 458 but compared to most out there.

Frankly if Covid markups didn’t happen and you could get a Z06 at MSRP it would be a great buy. Given what they are going for though, I’d rather pay markup on a GT3. At least they hold their value, That marked-up Z06 is going to depreciate like a rock a I suspect.
C8z will hold value for the life of its production with lots of room to still make profit.

Go back to corvette history, and then look at our future beyond this c8 generation.

They never made a car like this before and they won’t ever. This is the first and last of its kind.

Gm’s first supercar.

It seems that people have a tough time admitting this is gm’s first time at the top of the world in the sense that everyone knows about corvettes now because of the c8 and more so with this z06.

The name of the game is make money. GM will.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 12:55 PM   #1528
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
C8z will hold value for the life of its production with lots of room to still make profit.

Go back to corvette history, and then look at our future beyond this c8 generation.

They never made a car like this before and they won’t ever. This is the first and last of its kind.

Gm’s first supercar.

It seems that people have a tough time admitting this is gm’s first time at the top of the world in the sense that everyone knows about corvettes now because of the c8 and more so with this z06.

The name of the game is make money. GM will.
The C8Z will hold value great from MSRP, but not from idiots paying $25-50k over. That money is gone.
Appreciate 3
AlexFL7837.00
Cos270608.50
BigHunk269.50
      10-18-2022, 02:22 PM   #1529
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The C8Z will hold value great from MSRP, but not from idiots paying $25-50k over. That money is gone.
When the used market hits you’ll see the pricing. After a couple of years when the prices start to drop it’ll still be tens of thousands above msrp.

This is unfamiliar territory with the economy and these types of cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 02:34 PM   #1530
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
When the used market hits you’ll see the pricing. After a couple of years when the prices start to drop it’ll still be tens of thousands above msrp.

I’m sure people will be firing off $200k for Chevy’s at 6-8% interest for a long time. Seems realistic.

458 and GT3 markets are down about 5-10% from peak already. If those values keep dropping they will take the C8Z down with it as people cross shop them. A fool and his money are soon parted.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 02:40 PM   #1531
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Would have posted what dgoldenz did. You can already see the entire high end market (porsche) shifting. C8Z will shift faster.

Vettes hold value well but not like porsche. I think people paying $100k over are going to be shocked by the impact. Realistically used market will end up somewhere 10% below MSRP fast which is where the Z06 typically would hold.

Maybe you are right but I doubt it. Especially when the porsche and other market goes back to normal.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      10-18-2022, 03:27 PM   #1532
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:

Quote:
Yawn
Does he have you blocked? Doubt he has a clue how many times you respond with this? lol
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 03:29 PM   #1533
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Especially when the porsche and other market goes back to normal.
Could that happen any slower?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 03:42 PM   #1534
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Could that happen any slower?
Chips are still slow. But the ADM mark-up is dropping so already is starting to shift. Also if you are over on Rennlist one thing you’ll hear a lot of is they are offering far lower on trade-ins all of a sudden. That to me is the first clue of the shift.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 03:43 PM   #1535
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Yawn
Does he have you blocked? Doubt he has a clue how many times you respond with this? lol
He must. I think he is a bot. It's copy and paste with his c8 nonsense. Be a fan boi all you want but god damn!!! It's borderline moronic
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 04:44 PM   #1536
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Would have posted what dgoldenz did. You can already see the entire high end market (porsche) shifting. C8Z will shift faster.

Vettes hold value well but not like porsche. I think people paying $100k over are going to be shocked by the impact. Realistically used market will end up somewhere 10% below MSRP fast which is where the Z06 typically would hold.

Maybe you are right but I doubt it. Especially when the porsche and other market goes back to normal.
Think of it this way.

We're in the 4th model year of the stingray and they're still in high demand. The price of used has dropped a bit but not much, it's still high. And dealers still put ADM's on NEW stingrays. In the 4th model year.

How many C8Z's have they put out for MY23? lol

How many of those were Z07's? lol

We don't even know how long the z06 production would be. Remember this is an NA car and each year that goes by, gets more strict. The C8Z could be like the C7Z and have a 5 year production run. The C8Z might not even get to 40k units when it's all said and done.

You combine that possible low total production number, with the high demand, the quality of the product, the future of the product (meaning no more engine like this in the C9), the parts shortages, plant shutdowns, the economy, comparing the used market of the stingray being in it's 4th MY production, and everything else, you're saying a couple of years down the road the C8Z used won't pull tens of thousands over MSRP still?

I really think you're underestimating this car's worth in relation of the future.

Again there is NO MORE like this car after the C8. C9 may not be a full EV lineup but there is no NA V8 in the C9. None.

I didn't even mention this car is rumored to run the ring in 7 minutes or faster. What corvette has ran 7 minutes? None.

What car has come close? The C7 ZR1. An outdated platform without the exotic dressings like the C8Z with the bespoke engine. A high revving FPC engine. Why do people love porsche so much? The engineering, the performance, the quality, the high revving engine no?

The C8Z has that, give or take on quality since it's only "a chevy". Everything GM has done to this car was a final sendoff in giving their buyers a chance at owning their first supercar for half or a third of other supercar/exotic pricing.

This car will go for A LOT of money years and years down the road.

I can't wait to be proven wrong. I won't though.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 01:16 AM   #1537
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Think of it this way.

We're in the 4th model year of the stingray and they're still in high demand. The price of used has dropped a bit but not much, it's still high. And dealers still put ADM's on NEW stingrays. In the 4th model year.

How many C8Z's have they put out for MY23? lol

How many of those were Z07's? lol

We don't even know how long the z06 production would be. Remember this is an NA car and each year that goes by, gets more strict. The C8Z could be like the C7Z and have a 5 year production run. The C8Z might not even get to 40k units when it's all said and done.

You combine that possible low total production number, with the high demand, the quality of the product, the future of the product (meaning no more engine like this in the C9), the parts shortages, plant shutdowns, the economy, comparing the used market of the stingray being in it's 4th MY production, and everything else, you're saying a couple of years down the road the C8Z used won't pull tens of thousands over MSRP still?

I really think you're underestimating this car's worth in relation of the future.

Again there is NO MORE like this car after the C8. C9 may not be a full EV lineup but there is no NA V8 in the C9. None.

I didn't even mention this car is rumored to run the ring in 7 minutes or faster. What corvette has ran 7 minutes? None.

What car has come close? The C7 ZR1. An outdated platform without the exotic dressings like the C8Z with the bespoke engine. A high revving FPC engine. Why do people love porsche so much? The engineering, the performance, the quality, the high revving engine no?

The C8Z has that, give or take on quality since it's only "a chevy". Everything GM has done to this car was a final sendoff in giving their buyers a chance at owning their first supercar for half or a third of other supercar/exotic pricing.

This car will go for A LOT of money years and years down the road.

I can't wait to be proven wrong. I won't though.
Wouldn’t it be cool if they actually made some Z06’s?

Dealers put ADMs on Toyota Corolla’s too and those are in their 50th model year
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 01:40 AM   #1538
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:

pretty much. some people here are acting like they can pull up in a z06 to the top clubs in miami or LA and expect to have it parked up front. sorry, its a chevy. by the time you've explained to the doorman why your chevy is not just any chevy, and why your c8 is not just any c8 but is a special edition z06 with a fpc different from the 10 other c8s that just drove by.... well they've already moved it and put a 458 or R8 up front in its place.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 01:46 AM   #1539
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
pretty much. some people here are acting like they can pull up in a z06 to the top clubs in miami or LA and expect to have it parked up front. sorry, its a chevy. by the time you've explained to the doorman why your chevy is not just any chevy, and why your c8 is not just any c8 but is a special edition z06 with a fpc different from the 10 other c8s that just drove by.... well they've already moved it and put a 458 or R8 up front in its place.
Honestly in LA, it isn't dependent on what car. It is who you are. You better be A list too, if you want your car up front at the most popular spots. Everyone here is driving something nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 06:28 AM   #1540
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wouldn’t it be cool if they actually made some Z06’s?

Dealers put ADMs on Toyota Corolla’s too and those are in their 50th model year
Exactly why this car will pull massive amounts of money for a long ass time.
Appreciate 0