New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

04-18-2016, 12:39 PM   #23
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobmw_e90 View Post
Sure Kobe 60pts sound badass, but when u attempt 50 shots, 2points each shot that's 100 points.. The entire Lakers team attempted 85shots(35 everyone combined except kobe) .the numbers don't sound impressing after all do they
Most people aren't that impressed with the 60 points because he did take a ton of shots, but if you actually watched the game, the impressive part is that when the Lakers were down 10 with 4 minutes to go, from that point forward, Kobe took over and he took some really difficult shots and didn't miss even one of them. He led the team back from 10 points down and hit the game winner all while being 37 years gold and exhausted from taking 45 shots prior to this last four minutes. He got into a zone at the end and it was vintage Kobe. That's what was impressive.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #24
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Please just read what I wrote or ignore it, your choice.

All I wanted to do is congratulate the Warriors on a great season, nothing more.

Good luck to the Spurs in the playoffs.
Not that hard to have an historic season when the league allows your team to get away with almost everything other teams can't do
Winning a boxing fight against a boxer with one arm tied isn't much of an accomplishment
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:45 PM   #25
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Not that hard to have an historic season when the league allows your team to get away with almost everything other teams can't do
Winning a boxing fight against a boxer with one arm tied isn't much of an accomplishment
I get that you think GS had a great season due to the refs. Saying it again doesn't change anything. Setting an NBA record for games won and beating the amazing Spurs on their own home court is hard, period. You should really give it a rest. I'm not taking the bait.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 10:56 PM   #26
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I get that you think GS had a great season due to the refs. Saying it again doesn't change anything. Setting an NBA record for games won and beating the amazing Spurs on their own home court is hard, period. You should really give it a rest. I'm not taking the bait.
what bait? sorry for mentioning the truth
sometimes you just have to sit down and think real hard about whether or not the team really is that good? or are they just getting away with a lot of calls
they had a lower net rating and point differential than the Spurs, and dont even have the league's best defense OR defender
a lot of the games they won were atrocious calls going their way, I had to sit through a lot of them, since bandwagon fans are everywhere in the bay.
I used to be a warriors fan when they were more humble, but this recent successful run has inflated their egos, especially loud mouth Draymond.
I am genuinely surprised his mother did not get on Twitter proclaiming her son was robbed of the DPOY....again
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 08:18 PM   #27
mrkoven
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2016 Z4 35i

Quote:
sometimes you just have to sit down and think real hard about whether or not the team really is that good? or are they just getting away with a lot of calls
they had a lower net rating and point differential than the Spurs, and dont even have the league's best defense OR defender
a lot of the games they won were atrocious calls going their way, I had to sit through a lot of them, since bandwagon fans are everywhere in the bay.
I used to be a warriors fan when they were more humble, but this recent successful run has inflated their egos, especially loud mouth Draymond.
I am genuinely surprised his mother did not get on Twitter proclaiming her son was robbed of the DPOY....again
lol you're not saying anything groundbreaking or insightful, calm down bro
      04-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #28
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
I'm 100% bay area bandwagon. Without Curry win. And all season his shot...you don't even have to know basketball to see the talent. In any sport it's a ridiculous argument to say the refs propel a team for the season...they may fudge a call but all season? C'mon.
      04-22-2016, 01:40 PM   #29
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I'm 100% bay area bandwagon. Without Curry win. And all season his shot...you don't even have to know basketball to see the talent. In any sport it's a ridiculous argument to say the refs propel a team for the season...they may fudge a call but all season? C'mon.
Have you seen that video clip???
If you can agree with me those were outrageous moving screens, you can begin to understand how they won a lot of those games.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 01:45 PM   #30
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 e92 M3

The facepalm I had when Draymond bounced the ball off his fucking foot. Jesus! But for all you calling bullshit on Green, lets not forget the offensive foul Harden DIDN'T get called for on his game winning shot.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #31
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep

Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Ok, what about Bogut trying to end Howard's season?

https://vine.co/v/iF9Epz3F7al
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #32
BuzzE46
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2006 M3 E46

dirty play fck BOGUS. fck the warriors.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #33
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Nice season for the Warriors, sure.....

But I am really looking forward to a Spurs/warriors series.
Hopefully this can be just like 1999, with my Spurs & Stars winning it all!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #34
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

You see how big Howard is? Wrapping him up isn't going to hurt the bigman, don't treat the guys like they don't flop on purpose, they can take a beating.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:08 PM   #35
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP86 View Post
The facepalm I had when Draymond bounced the ball off his fucking foot. Jesus! But for all you calling bullshit on Green, lets not forget the offensive foul Harden DIDN'T get called for on his game winning shot.

It looked to me like Harden fouled on that game winning shot. But, the refs didn't call it that way. That's my original point. Bad calls go both ways. A Houston fan would more likely not have seen Harden's foul where a Warrior fan is screaming bloody hell that the refs took a win away from the Warriors.

Anybody can put up a video clip of selected controversial plays that go in favor of a team they don't like to make whatever point they are trying to make. The truth is, bad calls are made all the time in both directions. The Harden play to win the game last night is an example.

That's why its important to win by enough where a bad call cant affect the outcome. Whining about refs does not win games.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:12 PM   #36
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It looked to me like Harden fouled on that game winning shot. But, the refs didn't call it that way. That's my original point. Bad calls go both ways. A Houston fan would more likely not have seen Harden's foul where a Warrior fan is screaming bloody hell that the refs took a win away from the Warriors.

Anybody can put up a video clip of selected controversial plays that go in favor of a team they don't like to make whatever point they are trying to make. The truth is, bad calls are made all the time in both directions. The Harden play to win the game last night is an example.

That's why its important to win by enough where a bad call cant affect the outcome. Whining about refs does not win games.
Moving screens give your teams those big leads.....
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #37
csu87
Banned
Rep

Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Have you seen that video clip???
If you can agree with me those were outrageous moving screens, you can begin to understand how they won a lot of those games.

All teams get calls. I've seen Duncan get some pretty good calls over the years. Calm down and give credit where credit is due. 402 3s made is not from bad calls by the ref... and you dont get 73 wins just handed to you. Otherwise the Spurs would have 73 wins at least one of these seasons.
Appreciate 2
      04-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #38
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I'm a Waariors fan, but I'm realistic, they had no business winning that game for how sloppy they played and STILL almost pulled it off. Calls or no calls, every team deals with it but only weak teams use bad calls as a crutch. Not saying either team is doing that, just commenting.
Appreciate 2
      04-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #39
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Moving screens give your teams those big leads.....
I get it. Again.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:33 PM   #40
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

[QUOTE=VRG_135;19807500
Hopefully this can be just like 1999, with my Spurs & Stars winning it all!![/QUOTE]

Looks like we need to see you with BayMoWe in the hockey thread.
      04-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #41
csu87
Banned
Rep

Drives: 09 335xi

lol so that video he posted was put together by a San Antonio TV station.... Yeah, no bias there.

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/sp...moving-screens
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:43 PM   #42
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post

All teams get calls. I've seen Duncan get some pretty good calls over the years. Calm down and give credit where credit is due. 402 3s made is not from bad calls by the ref... and you dont get 73 wins just handed to you. Otherwise the Spurs would have 73 wins at least one of these seasons.
Your logical point is not going to work in this situation. It doesn't fit with the conspiracy theory.

It will be interesting to see what happens if/when the Warriors and Spurs play each other. If the Warriors win the series, "some" fans will continue to blame the refs and not acknowledge the talent of the Warriors. If the Spurs win it will be because the refs do their job well enough? I know what I will do if the Spurs win. I'll say great job by a great team.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:47 PM   #43
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP86 View Post
I'm a Waariors fan, but I'm realistic, they had no business winning that game for how sloppy they played and STILL almost pulled it off. Calls or no calls, every team deals with it but only weak teams use bad calls as a crutch. Not saying either team is doing that, just commenting.
I agree. The Warriors played poorly and Houston beat the fair and square. I didn't like the non-call on the winning basket, but that's the way it goes. Houston won the game fair and square and the Warriors were off their game.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:54 PM   #44
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
lol so that video he posted was put together by a San Antonio TV station.... Yeah, no bias there.

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/sp...moving-screens
TV stations report the news. I'm sure they are not bias. Clearly, as the video shows, GSW are evil-doers and their season was handed to them on a silver platter. You don't need talent to set NBA records; you just need illegal screens and refs that like you a lot and make sure you win.
Appreciate 0