New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-24-2022, 10:20 AM   #7217
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
With a nice rash guard,
you can wear a wetsuit
To surf
At the beach!
I tried my hand a surfing years ago when I was dating an avid surfer chick. That didn't work out too well for me. I'm a land animal.
Nothing quite so Zen as being in tune with Mother Ocean, riding a swell in her blood, applying amazing physics and nothing but the wind and your paddling to get you there
      11-24-2022, 10:22 AM   #7218
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
With a nice rash guard,
you can wear a wetsuit
To surf
At the beach!
I tried my hand a surfing years ago when I was dating an avid surfer chick. That didn't work out too well for me. I'm a land animal.
Nothing quite so Zen as being in tune with Mother Ocean, riding a swell in her blood, applying amazing physics and nothing but the wind and your paddling to get you there
The talent Gods didn't bless me with ocean acumen. Sad day! Sad day indeed.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 10:24 AM   #7219
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
With a nice rash guard,
you can wear a wetsuit
To surf
At the beach!
I'm guessing your attention wasn't much on surfer girls instruction, you must have some strong balance
      11-24-2022, 10:29 AM   #7220
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
With a nice rash guard,
you can wear a wetsuit
To surf
At the beach!
I'm guessing your attention wasn't much on surfer girls instruction, you must have some strong balance
I gave it three attempts. I just couldn't get comfortable in/on the water. I'm an okay swimmer, but I panic too much in open water. I recognize(d) I wasn't going to overcome that feeling easily. I know my place.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 07:02 PM   #7221
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Sigh! It's like people are just asking to become victims on this Thanksgiving holiday. This motorcycle was left running unattended with the keys in the ignition for at least 8 minutes. If I were a criminal, that bike would've been mine. I walked into the 7-11 convenience store to contact the owner of the motorcycle and explain to him that his decision making is/was poor. His response was, "Well, I wanted to let the bike heat up so I left it running." These are the same types of people that contact us dumbfounded because their vehicles are/were stolen.

Attached Images

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 11-24-2022 at 07:28 PM..
Appreciate 4
________4158.50
vreihen1615143.50
T0RM3NT3604.50
      11-24-2022, 08:40 PM   #7222
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

Drives: E93

Quote:
Sigh! It’s like people are just asking to become victims on this Thanksgiving holiday. This motorcycle was left running with the keys in the ignition for at least 8 minutes. If I were a criminal, that bike would’ve been mine. I walked into the 7-11 convenience store to contact the owner of the motorcycle and explain to him that his decision making is/was poor. His response was, “Well, I wanted to let the bike heat up so I left it running.” These are the same types of people that contact us dumbfounded because their vehicles are/were stolen.

Lol....
I have another question. Few years back I was standing on the sidewalk by rear entrance of a Sheriffs station. The reason why is not important.
A cop comes out in an unmarked car, passes me, looks at me.... Slams on brakes, reverses and jumps out the car. Says "what are you doin here?"
I say "standing"
He says "why?"
I said "because I can?"
He starts getting VERY aggressive. Hand on gun, tone of voice, etc. Says let me see some I.D.
I said I am doing something wrong ?
He says you are making me nervous. I said same, but I was minding my own business. I am standing on the sidewalk.
He gets more attitude and asks for I.D.
I give it to him. He says what are you doing here ? I said I already answered that. He now is very edgy, keeps clinching his hand on his gun.
I said look, you are about to make a mistake. He said really ? I said yes because I have done nothing wrong, and you are clearly getting very edgy. I will let my buddy know the way you are acting. He said who ?
I said your Sargeant. He asks his name. I gave it to him.
He calls him (I find out a couple weeks later at his house what happened), and disturbs him from a meeting. Lol. He gives my name, Sargeant asks did he do anything ? Cop says NO. He says well let him fuckn go, im in a meeting. Cop gives me my D.L. back and says just go man.
2 back up units pull up and he tells them all is good and they all leave.

Why so much aggression ? My buddy said because he normally works CPT so thats why he had attitude. I said its no excuse.
Anyway, what is your take on officers acting like that when no harm was being done ???
I'm bald, muscular build, tattoos and I was in jeans and a wife beater as usual. I assume that plays a part BUT.....cops don't like being stereo-typed, neither do civilians.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 08:54 PM   #7223
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93Beast View Post
Lol....
I have another question. Few years back I was standing on the sidewalk by rear entrance of a Sheriffs station. The reason why is not important.
A cop comes out in an unmarked car, passes me, looks at me.... Slams on brakes, reverses and jumps out the car. Says "what are you doin here?"
I say "standing"
He says "why?"
I said "because I can?"
He starts getting VERY aggressive. Hand on gun, tone of voice, etc. Says let me see some I.D.
I said I am doing something wrong ?
He says you are making me nervous. I said same, but I was minding my own business. I am standing on the sidewalk.
He gets more attitude and asks for I.D.
I give it to him. He says what are you doing here ? I said I already answered that. He now is very edgy, keeps clinching his hand on his gun.
I said look, you are about to make a mistake. He said really ? I said yes because I have done nothing wrong, and you are clearly getting very edgy. I will let my buddy know the way you are acting. He said who ?
I said your Sargeant. He asks his name. I gave it to him.
He calls him (I find out a couple weeks later at his house what happened), and disturbs him from a meeting. Lol. He gives my name, Sargeant asks did he do anything ? Cop says NO. He says well let him fuckn go, im in a meeting. Cop gives me my D.L. back and says just go man.
2 back up units pull up and he tells them all is good and they all leave.

Why so much aggression ? My buddy said because he normally works CPT so thats why he had attitude. I said its no excuse.
Anyway, what is your take on officers acting like that when no harm was being done ???
I'm bald, muscular build, tattoos and I was in jeans and a wife beater as usual. I assume that plays a part BUT.....cops don't like being stereo-typed, neither do civilians.
Based on your depiction of the events as they unfolded, that Deputy did seem a bit on edge. I see no issue with the initiation of the consensual encounter given the circumstances (...e.g...I don't really like people hanging around the station entrance(s)/exit(s) either; it's not uncommon for things to go south when people sneak inside), but I do think his approach unnecessarily escalated things. The description you provided might've made him think you were one of the unsavory characters in the area. The gang members in my patrol area basically look exactly how you described. Whenever I see somebody who is "blasted", I pay much more attention to them; even more so if they have tattoos on their face/head/neck/hands.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 09:09 PM   #7224
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Based on your depiction of the events as they unfolded, that Deputy did seem a bit on edge. I see no issue with the initiation of the consensual encounter given the circumstances (...e.g...I don't really like people hanging around the station entrance(s)/exit(s) either; it's not uncommon for things to go south when people sneak inside), but I do think his approach unnecessarily escalated things. The description you provided might've made him think you were one of the unsavory characters in the area. The gang members in my patrol area basically look exactly how you described. Whenever I see somebody who is "blasted", I pay much more attention to them; even more so if they have tattoos on their face/head/neck/hands.
I do believe things would / could have gotten much worse if I had not mentioned I know the Sarge from WAY back in the day. The whole family, before he got into law enforcement.... I get the whole bald head and all that but this did not even happen in CPT but 2 cities over.
How could this have been de-escalated otherwise ?
Without me doing everything he asked ?
It's the principle, you understand ? I get the whole comply with everything said makes life easier , but LEOs also need to understand that civilains have rights, and if we exercise those rights, they should not get more pissed off or aggressive, it is our RIGHT.
I respect LEOs that respect me, but if they don't, I don't respect either. It's a 2 way street. This is not just for LEOs but anyone I cross paths with.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 09:16 PM   #7225
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I do believe things would / could have gotten much worse if I had not mentioned I know the Sarge from WAY back in the day. The whole family, before he got into law enforcement.... I get the whole bald head and all that but this did not even happen in CPT but 2 cities over.
How could this have been de-escalated otherwise ?
Without me doing everything he asked ?
It's the principle, you understand ? I get the whole comply with everything said makes life easier , but LEOs also need to understand that civilains have rights, and if we exercise those rights, they should not get more pissed off or aggressive, it is our RIGHT.
I respect LEOs that respect me, but if they don't, I don't respect either. It's a 2 way street. This is not just for LEOs but anyone I cross paths with.
How long ago did this happen? Since you mentioned CPT, I'll assume this happened at one of our stations!?!?!? If this was within the last two years, he would/should have been wearing a body worn camera. Taking your story at face value, the de-escalation should begin with the Deputy. You provided identification, etc., so I think you did what you could to keep the situation from going from a simmer to a boil.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 10:16 PM   #7226
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
How long ago did this happen? Since you mentioned CPT, I'll assume this happened at one of our stations!?!?!? If this was within the last two years, he would/should have been wearing a body worn camera. Taking your story at face value, the de-escalation should begin with the Deputy. You provided identification, etc., so I think you did what you could to keep the situation from going from a simmer to a boil.
Been a while. Maybe 4 years ago ? Before Covid for sure and that shit has had me all screwed up with time frames. Almost like 2 years were just at a stand still in a sense.
As far as Deputy de-escalating, it was 100% the opposite as I described to begin with. HE kept making things worse. You could definitely feel the tension, I'm sure, on both sides.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 10:25 PM   #7227
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Been a while. Maybe 4 years ago ? Before Covid for sure and that shit has had me all screwed up with time frames. Almost like 2 years were just at a stand still in a sense.
As far as Deputy de-escalating, it was 100% the opposite as I described to begin with. HE kept making things worse. You could definitely feel the tension, I'm sure, on both sides.
Thankfully it didn't progress into something else. I am curious though....

...why were you hanging around outside of the station anyway?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 10:37 PM   #7228
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Thankfully it didn't progress into something else. I am curious though....

...why were you hanging around outside of the station anyway?
Because I wanted to kick the shit out of a low life cop that deserved it 🙄

But the Deputy did not know that so he was still in the wrong 🤣🤣🤣

Once again, respect me, I respect you. You cross the line, I have ZERO issues crossing the line either. Regardless of the consequences. Too many (not all) cops think they can get away with shit.
I'm old school. Respect is EVERYTHING. Something that many have nk clue what that is anymore. Back in the day, even gangbangers would see an enemy with his girl and baby or his mom and they got a pass....nowadays...it's green light on the enemy and whoever around him. Nothing is the same anymore,but I stick to my roots.
Want respect, give respect.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 10:59 PM   #7229
________
________
Rep

Drives: ________

Quote:
Because I wanted to kick the shit out of a low life cop that deserved it 🙄

But the Deputy did not know that so he was still in the wrong 🤣🤣🤣

Once again, respect me, I respect you. You cross the line, I have ZERO issues crossing the line either. Regardless of the consequences. Too many (not all) cops think they can get away with shit.
I'm old school. Respect is EVERYTHING. Something that many have nk clue what that is anymore. Back in the day, even gangbangers would see an enemy with his girl and baby or his mom and they got a pass....nowadays...it's green light on the enemy and whoever around him. Nothing is the same anymore,but I stick to my roots.
Want respect, give respect.
“Unfair arrest!”
“What were you doing?”
“I was going to shoot up the school! But nobody knew it!”
“But you had guns and a plan for doing so in your pocket!”
“Respect to be respected!”

Cops develop a sixth sense for shit. Much like our everyday stereotyping and profiling, instincts and precaution win 100% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 11:07 PM   #7230
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

It was a partial joke. I did go to speak to an officer about something that had transpired earlier that day. I wanted to talk to him face to face, man to man, off duty and no I was not armed.
I know a few officers including the sergeant as I had mentioned before, not all are bad but some definitely have a chip on their shoulder and attitude when they are wearing the badge and uniform.
But thank you for proving my point even further of the mentality of some officers out there.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 11:08 PM   #7231
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

I will see myself out of this thread now,but many thanks to Sedan Clan for answering all my questions.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      11-24-2022, 11:14 PM   #7232
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
It was a partial joke. I did go to speak to an officer about something that had transpired earlier that day. I wanted to talk to him face to face, man to man, off duty and no I was not armed.
I know a few officers including the sergeant as I had mentioned before, not all are bad but some definitely have a chip on their shoulder and attitude when they are wearing the badge and uniform.
But thank you for proving my point even further of the mentality of some officers out there.
Unfortunately this was largely an unrealistic premise simply because....
  • Most of us are always armed...
  • Even when we're off duty we are still on...
  • Attempting to contact an off-duty Officer/Deputy about something that occurred during the course of his duties on the job never ends well...
  • It would be an example of bad decision making on behalf of the Officer/Deputy to put himself in that position, however good/positive the intention...

Based on what you've stated any contact was a potential recipe for disaster.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 11:50 PM   #7233
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately this was largely an unrealistic premise simply because....
  • Most of us are always armed...
  • Even when we're off duty we are still on...
  • Attempting to contact an off-duty Officer/Deputy about something that occurred during the course of his duties on the job never ends well...
  • It would be an example of bad decision making on behalf of the Officer/Deputy to put himself in that position, however good/positive the intention...

Based on what you've stated any contact was a potential recipe for disaster.
I wasn't going to answer anymore because I do not want to start arguing with onesie over dumb stuff.
But yes, I am well aware of off duty officers being armed.
With what you posted above once again shows a lot of officers mentality. They do think that they are above the law, and Untouchable. As you said things wouldn't end well for who? Obviously the civilian...unless armed as well and then it's a shit show.
I was at a ceremony for an officer who passed. Really good guy. The whole family is in law enforcement. At the ceremony held in L.B., there was mainly L.B. police and L.A.P.D.
The L.B. cops were in a group talkn about the "other" guys on the other side. One cop telln the other, fuck it they know where they at and they know where we from.
Amazing how these guys sounded EXACTLY like gangsters. Then lets not forget the female detective that while sitting down having a drink drops her pistol TWICE. WTF ???
My point is COPS are human, and make MANY mistakes, yet many (not all) act and behave like they are above civilians.
Back to the incident. I spoke to a lieutenant who was in charge and he actually sided with me and even APOLOGIZED regarding the situation. He actually talked to the deputy and I never seen him around after that.
Skipping back to the 6th sense...don't get me started. People, have a sixth sense. Gangbangers, Military, Shool teachers, etc. Not just cops....don't think you are that special (not you Sedan). That was my point once again, that SOME cops think they are all that.....
Sixth sense ? Ulvalde, is only 1 example of this. No need for that extra sense when CLEARLY there was in fact danger. How well did this sixth sense work ? How many died ? COWARDS.
I brought up Dorner the other day. The cops that shot up the truck with mom and daughter in it because they were SHITTING their pants thinking it was Dorner....great "sixth sense" these officers had shooting unarmed civilians AND getting ZERO jail time. IDGAF how scared they were, they should have been locked up, but this is the world we live in.
List goes on and on......as I said, I will see myself out, but Thanks again to Sedan as you seem like a straight up guy. I would not mind running into you one day and shooting the shit.
I have zero issues with cops that are level headed and do not abuse the badge.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 12:08 AM   #7234
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I wasn't going to answer anymore because I do not want to start arguing with onesie over dumb stuff.
But yes, I am well aware of off duty officers being armed.
With what you posted above once again shows a lot of officers mentality. They do think that they are above the law, and Untouchable.
Let's unpack this bro.........and have a conversation. How does anything I stated in that post allude to being "above the law" and "untouchable"?!?! I don't want to paint with a wide brush, but it seems like you have some animosity that is clouding your rationale.

Quote:
As you said things wouldn't end well for who? Obviously the civilian...unless armed as well and then it's a shit show.
You're making assumptions brotha. The hypothetical situation could end badly for either party.

Quote:
I was at a ceremony for an officer who passed. Really good guy. The whole family is in law enforcement. At the ceremony held in L.B., there was mainly L.B. police and L.A.P.D.
The L.B. cops were in a group talkn about the "other" guys on the other side. One cop telln the other, fuck it they know where they at and they know where we from.
Amazing how these guys sounded EXACTLY like gangsters.

So........are we supposed to live in an alternate reality where we don't recognize there is a line drawn in the sand with the criminals on one side and the law abiding on the other? Do you think for one minute that the guys on the "other side" weren't having a similar conversation/discussion at some point? Suspension of reality is the stuff of fairly tales.

Quote:
My point is COPS are human, and make MANY mistakes, yet many (not all) act and behave like they are above civilians.
...and you base(d) this on what??!? Your personal interactions?!? What you experienced in your past while incarcerated? I mean, at least acknowledge your own biases when it comes to categorizing "the other side". We all have them, and that's fine, but we have to acknowledge them in order to have genuine discourse.

Quote:
Back to the incident. I spoke to a lieutenant who was in charge and he actually sided with me and even APOLOGIZED regarding the situation. He actually talked to the deputy and I never seen him around after that.
As any good Watch Commander would have done. The Officer's/Deputy's behavior was unprofessional. Speaking to the Watch Commander was what you should have done initially instead of hovering around the station periphery, hoping to see that Officer/Deputy and "have a conversation". I'm not saying you weren't within your right to do so, but it didn't paint the best picture.

Quote:

List goes on and on......as I said, I will see myself out, but Thanks again to Sedan as you seem like a straight up guy. I would not mind running into you one day and shooting the shit.
I have zero issues with cops that are level headed and do not abuse the badge.

Ditto bro. My goal is to always attempt to bridge the communication chasm. With conversation comes some level of understanding (...in theory).

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 11-25-2022 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2022, 07:57 AM   #7235
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Trying to contact an officer about an earlier meeting that you think went wrong is fine IMO. But not waiting outside the station for him to come off duty. Anyone that can't see this is stupid isn't thinking clearly. Go in and ask to have a meeting with him and his superior. THAT would be the proper way to have a candid discussion sans the potential for unexpected aggression.

I can't believe anyone would not see this. Decision making skills need an adjustment as much as that cop needs his approach changed. IMO.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan24980.50
dmatre664.50
nicholasn261.00
      11-25-2022, 06:58 PM   #7236
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Police shooting in York Region, Markham just north of Toronto where I started my career. Plainclothes copper in the P/U Truck in the driveway. The coppers are working the neighbourhood looking for this crew who have done 6 home invasions. They approach the copper in the Truck and stick a gun in his face. This all worked out for the good guys, one client is dead at the scene, one wounded and two more in custody.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan24980.50
Dino GT35131.50
Buug95917177.00
vreihen1615143.50
      11-25-2022, 07:01 PM   #7237
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
Police shooting in York Region, Markham just north of Toronto where I started my career. Plainclothes copper in the P/U Truck in the driveway. The coppers are working the neighbourhood looking for this crew who have done 6 home invasions. They approach the copper in the Truck and stick a gun in his face. This all worked out for the good guys, one client is dead at the scene, one wounded and two more in custody.
That is a relief. I'm glad none of the good guys were injured.
Appreciate 2
Dino GT35131.50
      11-26-2022, 12:59 PM   #7238
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Dirtbag near the front of the car is DRT. Dropped like a sack of shit.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24980.50