New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-23-2021, 11:14 AM   #4973
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Drives: 1969 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Chacon View Post
Sorry I went beyond your intellectual horizon.
Pls return to thinking about rectums.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 11:23 AM   #4974
________
________
Rep

Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguard13 View Post
Quote:
Sorry I went beyond your intellectual horizon.
Pls return to thinking about rectums.
Our 11 year old said she was more intelligent than her sisters who are 9 and 6.

Just throwing it out there…
Appreciate 2
      11-23-2021, 11:27 AM   #4975
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post

I bet she has reason to think that!

* Does she prove it by showing them suppository memes?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 11:34 AM   #4976
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I bet she has reason to think that!
:eyeroll:
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 11:51 AM   #4977
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
One question, if Kyle was 18 on or before before 25 Aug 2020, what issue would you have with what occurred?
A better question would be, "What if Kyle was 16, or 15, or...". Tell me when we stop.

Kyle showed terrible judgement, start to finish, as you would expect from someone his age.
Saying thanks because he protected "life & property" when adults wouldn't is more a question of wisdom, or lack of it, than courage. His failure to protect either, is illuminating.
I guess that depends on perspective. Any time we put ourselves in harm's way we can label it an instance of bad judgment. EVERY hero out there became a hero because of a "bad" judgment call that was made with their heart and intentions in the right place. I think Rittenhouse's heart was in the right place. I can't say the same for anybody out there causing mayhem that night. I also disagree with your courage statement. I see weak ass, cowardice adults every single fucking shift; adults who would rather watch something horrible take place and record it using cellular phones than act to neutralize the problem. It isn't always wisdom. Sometimes it's cowardice plain and simple.
Appreciate 6
Murf99314114.00
________4157.00
celsdogg308.00
paquet629.50
      11-23-2021, 11:54 AM   #4978
Murf993
Major
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I guess that depends on perspective. Any time we put ourselves in harm's way we can label it an instance of bad judgment. EVERY hero out there became a hero because of a "bad" judgment call that was made with their heart and intentions in the right place. I think Rittenhouse's heart was in the right place. I can't say the same for anybody out there causing mayhem that night. I also disagree with your courage statement. I see weak ass, cowardice adults every single fucking shift; adults who would rather watch something horrible take place and record it using cellular phones rather than act to neutralize the problem. It isn't always wisdom. It's cowardice plain and simple.
Errors in judgment can get you hurt. And you are correct, watching people taking pictures and videos rather than doing the right thing sickens me.
Appreciate 4
________4157.00
Sedan_Clan24829.00
paquet629.50
      11-23-2021, 01:05 PM   #4979
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I guess that depends on perspective. Any time we put ourselves in harm's way we can label it an instance of bad judgment. EVERY hero out there became a hero because of a "bad" judgment call that was made with their heart and intentions in the right place. I think Rittenhouse's heart was in the right place. I can't say the same for anybody out there causing mayhem that night. I also disagree with your courage statement. I see weak ass, cowardice adults every single fucking shift; adults who would rather watch something horrible take place and record it using cellular phones rather than act to neutralize the problem. It isn't always wisdom. Sometimes it's cowardice plain and simple.
I can't agree with the 'bad judgement' definition. Health workers can put themselves in harm's way, but if the outcome is worth the risk, it's good judgement. Teen lifeguards have been known to jump into hurricane waters to save a life. Even if they don't make it, is it always bad judgement to try?
I do agree there are many physical cowards out there. But is there courage in knowing you are not the best solution to a situation, and that your worth might be in making sure tomorrow you can perform that thankless job that people depend on you for?
I don't think Rittenhouse's heart was in the wrong place. I think he grew up with no father present, which I can identify with. I feel very sorry for him, start to finish.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 01:12 PM   #4980
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I guess that depends on perspective. Any time we put ourselves in harm's way we can label it an instance of bad judgment. EVERY hero out there became a hero because of a "bad" judgment call that was made with their heart and intentions in the right place. I think Rittenhouse's heart was in the right place. I can't say the same for anybody out there causing mayhem that night. I also disagree with your courage statement. I see weak ass, cowardice adults every single fucking shift; adults who would rather watch something horrible take place and record it using cellular phones rather than act to neutralize the problem. It isn't always wisdom. Sometimes it's cowardice plain and simple.
I can't agree with the 'bad judgement' definition. Health workers can put themselves in harm's way, but if the outcome is worth the risk, it's good judgement. Teen lifeguards have been known to jump into hurricane waters to save a life. Even if they don't make it, is it always bad judgement to try?
I do agree there are many physical cowards out there. But is there courage in knowing you are not the best solution to a situation, and that your worth might be in making sure tomorrow you can perform that thankless job that people depend on you for?
I don't think Rittenhouse's heart was in the wrong place. I think he grew up with no father present, which I can identify with. I feel very sorry for him, start to finish.
I think it is obvious to anybody reading my reply that I'm not referring to somebody tasked with the obligation (…e.g…law enforcement, fire fighters, etc.) or whose profession requires some level of risk….and even then there are occasions where an individual working in one of the aforementioned fields will decide not to intervene. The discussion revolved around a civilian placing himself at risk to help others, thus, my response was themed accordingly.

A teen lifeguard diving into hurricane waters is still a bad judgment call (….if we agree that self-preservation is the #1 priority), however noble and courageous the act. Sometimes the intervention available isn't the best option for intervention, BUT it is still better than no intervention at all. Like I said earlier, heroes place themselves at risk in an effort to save and/or protect others even though it's detrimental to themselves as individuals.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 01:26 PM   #4981
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I think it is obvious to anybody reading my reply that I'm not referring to somebody tasked with the obligation (…law enforcement, fire fighters, etc.) or whose profession requires some level of risk. The discussion revolved around a civilian placing himself at risk to help others, thus, my response was themed accordingly.
OK, so you are not speaking of cops!
But seriously, some people have physical courage, and others have the intestinal fortitude to battle in the corporate world. When we had protesters on the streets of my town, I went to the end of my street with my dog, but my wife did not, even though she is fairly brave. She is worth way more by not risking her health.

"….if we agree that self-preservation is the #1 priority"

This would rule out all kinds of public service.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 01:31 PM   #4982
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I think it is obvious to anybody reading my reply that I'm not referring to somebody tasked with the obligation (…law enforcement, fire fighters, etc.) or whose profession requires some level of risk. The discussion revolved around a civilian placing himself at risk to help others, thus, my response was themed accordingly.
But seriously, some people have physical courage, and others have the intestinal fortitude to battle in the corporate world. When we had protesters on the streets of my town, I went to the end of my street with my dog, but my wife did not, even though she is fairly brave. She is worth way more by not risking her health.
….and by doing exactly that, you committed a bad judgment call, but your heart was in the right place. That is exactly the point I'm trying to make. You risked your life and the life of your dog (…e.g…your show of force)…..and placed yourself in harm's way when you should've just hunkered down indoors. Had something happened to you, your wife would've been without a husband. That was the risk you were willing to take to do what you felt was the right thing to do.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 01:33 PM   #4983
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

"….if we agree that self-preservation is the #1 priority"

This would rule out all kinds of public service.
We do this job accepting that risk. It is that acceptance that separates us from others; the willingness to die in order to protect someone who might hate me or what I represent.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:00 PM   #4984
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

Drives: ///M320i and X5

Quote:
We do this job accepting that risk. It is that acceptance that separates us from others; the willingness to die in order to protect someone who might hate me or what I represent.
But he walked his dog to the end of the street. Tread lightly.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
      11-23-2021, 02:02 PM   #4985
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
….and by doing exactly that, you committed a bad judgment call, but your heart was in the right place. That is exactly the point I'm trying to make. You risked your life and the life of your dog (…e.g…your show of force)…..and placed yourself in harm's way when you should've just hunkered down indoors. Had something happened to you, your wife would've been without a husband. That was the risk you were willing to take to do what you felt was the right thing to do.
The lesser risk to me was worth it ( I can run pretty fast, & look as mean as you do). The greater risk to my wife wasn't.
A judgement call. They only broke the Starbucks window, & that was long after I left.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:03 PM   #4986
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Appreciate 2
      11-23-2021, 02:03 PM   #4987
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha "we got a killer over here"
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 02:12 PM   #4988
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I accept some risks for the honor of being a citizen. Some of those risks are pretty real.
We do what we can do, and ask for the wisdom to know what we can't do. Modern societies try to maximize the worth of a person by using them at what they do best. Yes, not all play by these rules.
For some reason I don't think you would do as well on Madison Ave.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:13 PM   #4989
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
No need; I kill with my good looks.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #4990
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No need; I kill with my good looks.
Do you have a big dog that looks like a small bear?
Appreciate 1
vanguard8245.50
      11-23-2021, 02:16 PM   #4991
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Do you have a big dog that looks like a small bear?
Not at all. But I have broken up a few muggings, at my own risk.
You?
Attached Images

Last edited by vanguard8; 11-23-2021 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:22 PM   #4992
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I accept some risks for the honor of being a citizen. Some of those risks are pretty real.
We do what we can do, and ask for the wisdom to know what we can't do. Modern societies try to maximize the worth of a person by using them at what they do best. Yes, not all play by these rules.
For some reason I don't think you would do as well on Madison Ave.
Was this some ad hominem attack about what you think my aptitude is for corporate world skills. You know nothing about me. You have no idea what I did professionally BEFORE deciding to enter law enforcement. Don't assume I'm a meathead with no skills. I lived an entirely different CORPORATE life before taking up service.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:26 PM   #4993
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Was this some ad hominem attack about what you think my aptitude is for corporate world skills. You know nothing about me. You have no idea what I did professionally BEFORE deciding to enter law enforcement. Don't assume I'm meathead with no skills. I lived an entirely different CORPORATE life before taking up service.
I am sorry.
It was a joke.
Nobody here should make too many assumptions, for sure!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 04:04 PM   #4994
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
A teen lifeguard diving into hurricane waters is still a bad judgment call (….if we agree that self-preservation is the #1 priority), however noble and courageous the act. Sometimes the intervention available isn't the best option for intervention, BUT it is still better than no intervention at all. Like I said earlier, heroes place themselves at risk in an effort to save and/or protect others even though it's detrimental to themselves as individuals.
They were paid $10. a day, up to $20. a day. How could they not?
It was expected.
Appreciate 0