New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #1
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

GM Red Tag sale... Corvette Z06 $65K...

Looks like GM is trying to blow out cars...

Brand New Corvette $42K
Brand New Z06 $65K...

http://www.gm.com/redtag/
      11-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE

$8k discount on the O9s
Not good enough

GM.......$3.36 a share
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #3
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MIKE View Post
$8k discount on the O9s
Not good enough

GM.......$3.36 a share
8k not good enough lol That mind set will help the economy out

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #4
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
8k not good enough lol That mind set will help the economy out

Nothing to do with the economy. Corvettes are way overpriced. Big powerful engine.....the end. Never liked them.

$82k is crazy money for any GM product. If you were to buy one and need some customer service, they sh*t all over you. Same with Ford. Two many American car purchases in the past with negative endings.

Think about what other cars you could buy with $82k?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #5
yoyeewee
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe

Garage List
$65k for Z06 huh? That's the same price as a M3. Hmmmm.
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #6
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Don't forget 12/14 Sunday night........Cowboys get a beat down
My early Christmas present
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 03:41 AM   #7
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep

Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Big powerful engine... the end?

It OBLITERATES anything BMW makes in any sort of track competition by a huge margin, and I'm talking the base Corvette.

It will out-corner any BMW currently made. I don't think it's fair to call it a straight line car, or overpriced. It's the equal of most cars twice its price.

Quote:
Nothing to do with the economy. Corvettes are way overpriced. Big powerful engine.....the end. Never liked them.

$82k is crazy money for any GM product. If you were to buy one and need some customer service, they sh*t all over you. Same with Ford. Two many American car purchases in the past with negative endings.

Think about what other cars you could buy with $82k?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 05:59 AM   #8
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Drives: BMW M5 comp

sweet...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 08:28 AM   #9
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post

It OBLITERATES anything BMW makes in any sort of track competition by a huge margin, and I'm talking the base Corvette.

It will out-corner any BMW currently made. I don't think it's fair to call it a straight line car, or overpriced. It's the equal of most cars twice its price.
Corvette blows away BMW at a track? You know what, they have a name for cars like that. They're called Sports Cars.

BMWs are not pure straight-up sports cars, they are luxury-sports cars. That means enough speed to have the time of your life, and all the comforts of a luxury boat of a car.

Poeple make cars that have big hp and speed in their basements. Its nothing new, nothing special, and totally unimpressive.
      11-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #10
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep

Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Corvette blows away BMW at a track? You know what, they have a name for cars like that. They're called Sports Cars.

BMWs are not pure straight-up sports cars, they are luxury-sports cars. That means enough speed to have the time of your life, and all the comforts of a luxury boat of a car.

Poeple make cars that have big hp and speed in their basements. Its nothing new, nothing special, and totally unimpressive.
BMWs were bred on the track. then tamed for the streets. totally unimpressive...... lol whats impressive is that a base corvette can handle better than any BMW. plus big power which means nothing to you. imagine what a Z06 could do.

the corvette is one of the best sports cars you can buy for the money. It out performs the E92 by a big margin and it costs 10k less. plus a Z06 for 65k!!!!!! thats 5k less than a fully loaded E92. I hate it when BMW fanboys talk crap about vettes. the interiors crap.....GM is a shit company.........its just a powerful engine.......... these are amazing cars. even if they dont have the BMW logo on them.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #11
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Seems like a bargain for a car packing 505hp ......Over here in the Middle East, they use to sell it for
270k dirhams($74k).....Now it's for 313k dirhams (86k).....!
      11-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #12
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post

On the track!....Agreed. I don't drive on track all day. As a daily driver NO WAY! Uncomfortable. Harsh ride. Rattle box in a few years. I'm afraid to look up the driver death rate on the Corvette. Up there with the Nissan Z? And like I said GM backs it up.... No Thanks. Show me ANY 09 German car that comes with a $8k discount. There comes a price point when your out of your market. There are many reasons why GM and Ford cars are not selling. I haven't had a American car in my garage in 8 years and it has been working out well for me. My GF's DD Audi A4, 2 years 33k....no headaches.

Alternative cars $82K and under

BMW M3
CERT. BMW M6
NISSAN GTR (IT'S UGLY)
PORSCHE
LEXUS
AUDI
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #13
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
BMWs were bred on the track. then tamed for the streets. totally unimpressive...... lol whats impressive is that a base corvette can handle better than any BMW. plus big power which means nothing to you. imagine what a Z06 could do.

the corvette is one of the best sports cars you can buy for the money. It out performs the E92 by a big margin and it costs 10k less. plus a Z06 for 65k!!!!!! thats 5k less than a fully loaded E92. I hate it when BMW fanboys talk crap about vettes. the interiors crap.....GM is a shit company.........its just a powerful engine.......... these are amazing cars. even if they dont have the BMW logo on them.
I'm not talking sh*t. It's the truth. GM Ford Chrysler are SH*T companies. Aftersales. They could care less if you come back to buy another one of the cars. These are my experiences over 15 years of commercial vans and trucks for my business. Not to mention all the personal cars gone bad in my family. We traded two trouble Ford and Chevy cargo vans for two Mercedes Sprinters. Much more money but well worth it. So far Greatest vans we have ever had.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #14
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

UPDATE! GM down 16% today....$2.80 a share. Wait for December on that Corvette purchase. You will see maybe $10/$12k off RED TAG sale on Corvette. and other great GM cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 10:35 AM   #15
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 335i

You haven't seen an 8k price drop on German cars???????? Then you haven't been to the dealer my friend the e92 m3 i was going to buy had 11k off sticker. There is also an m5 sitting there with just under 14k off sticker. The economy is peeking threw everywhere. Aside from that the z06 is defiantly WORTH the money if you plan to keep the car forever. Don't look at deprecation values or service because in 5 years lucky if you have 10k miles on it. In my eyes that's the only way the z06 is worth it. But the service and customer service is defiantly not on par with anything most of us drive. If they are offering 8k off on line i bet you can have a z06 OTD for around 59k

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #16
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLzZz View Post
You haven't seen an 8k price drop on German cars???????? Then you haven't been to the dealer my friend the e92 m3 i was going to buy had 11k off sticker. There is also an m5 sitting there with just under 14k off sticker. The economy is peeking threw everywhere. Aside from that the z06 is defiantly WORTH the money if you plan to keep the car forever. Don't look at deprecation values or service because in 5 years lucky if you have 10k miles on it. In my eyes that's the only way the z06 is worth it. But the service and customer service is defiantly not on par with anything most of us drive. If they are offering 8k off on line i bet you can have a z06 OTD for around 59k
$8k off BMW 08s or 09s? Big difference. 08s are expected, end of the model year. No way on 09s
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #17
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

^ Wanna bet?
      11-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #18
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post

+1. The E92 M3 couldn't even break 8 minutes at Nurburgring, but the Z06 posted one of the fastest times EVER beating out cars that cost 5x as much.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #19
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
On the track!....Agreed. I don't drive on track all day. As a daily driver NO WAY! Uncomfortable. Harsh ride. Rattle box in a few years. I'm afraid to look up the driver death rate on the Corvette. Up there with the Nissan Z? And like I said GM backs it up.... No Thanks. Show me ANY 09 German car that comes with a $8k discount. There comes a price point when your out of your market. There are many reasons why GM and Ford cars are not selling. I haven't had a American car in my garage in 8 years and it has been working out well for me. My GF's DD Audi A4, 2 years 33k....no headaches.

Alternative cars $82K and under

BMW M3
CERT. BMW M6
NISSAN GTR (IT'S UGLY)
PORSCHE
LEXUS
AUDI
There have been NO posts about the uncomfortable seats or rattles in this forum. Ever. And people swapping out run-flat tires for non RFTs and the harsh ride coming down? Absurd.

I have never even heard of a high pressure fuel pump failure on here as well.
      11-11-2008, 11:50 AM   #20
E90ice
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

I went to the Chevy dealer 4 days ago to look at a used 2006 C6 Corvette. I filled out an application and they told me to go home as it may take a few hours.
Never called me back. Fucking losers! And this happens when the company is on the verge of bankruptcy. I guess they don't need my money nor do they have any common sense to give me a response.

GM - please take you fucking customer service and piece of shit cars and go sell shoes....
      11-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #21
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
There have been NO posts about the uncomfortable seats or rattles in this forum. Ever. And people swapping out run-flat tires for non RFTs and the harsh ride coming down? Absurd.

I have never even heard of a high pressure fuel pump failure on here as well.
Well said

I'd take a Z06 anyday of the week. Gimme one in that bad ass blue color with some 360 forged wheels and I'm set.

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #22
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
I went to the Chevy dealer 4 days ago to look at a used 2006 C6 Corvette. I filled out an application and they told me to go home as it may take a few hours.
Never called me back. Fucking losers! And this happens when the company is on the verge of bankruptcy. I guess they don't need my money nor do they have any common sense to give me a response.

GM - please take you fucking customer service and piece of shit cars and go sell shoes....
So. You applied for a POS?