New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #45
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR171 View Post
You sure about that? Second major recall on the IS Model alone... Lexus/Toyotas having stellar reliability is a thing of the past.
http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...nd-IS-vehicles

Toyota recalls 1.7 million Lexus GS and IS vehicles
Fuel-pressure sensors can cause leaks

Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling nearly 1.7 million cars worldwide to check fuel-pressure sensors to prevent gas leaks, in the latest in a series of damaging recalls by the world's largest automaker.

Most of the affected vehicles, or nearly 1.3 million, are in Japan, but the recall also includes 245,000 Lexus GS and IS models sold in the United States, Toyota said Wednesday.

It said fuel pressure sensors connected to certain fuel delivery pipes — those with nickel- phosphorus plating — can loosen over time, allowing fuel to leak.
Doesn't apply to the the car being discussed here....the IS F.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #46
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: '19 M2C | '20 100AE ND2

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Doesn't apply to the the car being discussed here....the IS F.
I'm aware, just pointing out the Lexus badge isn't as synonymous with reliability as it used to be. I have nothing against the IS-F other than it's looks (personal taste.) It's a well built car that drives great, I'm sure.
      01-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #47
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
I disagree with this statement. I've been a member of clublexus longer than you (since 2004). It can be quite overbearing especially on the car chat forum. Posts deleted, warnings infractions galore if you go against the grain by some who have not been on this Earth no longer than me. The forum has gone down hill & others share my sentiment by no longer posting as much or at all. This forum is less overbearing and allows one to post their opinion. Hell even you post here with your controversal opinions yet you have yet to be penalized right?

See above. This applies to most brand oriented forums. Post your same statement about "fanbois" on clublexus and talk about Lexus in this manner. You know the deal I'm sure as you've recieved infractions for this in the past for this very thing. Bimmerfest is where it is at. We can actually have fun, state our opinions without the overzealousness on the part of the the bestowed.
Still stalking my posts I see Dash.

j/k

I've spent more than my share of time dealing with suspensions and infractions over there as you know. I'd agree with you that at times it probably is over-moderated to some extent, but it is much more tolerant of all brands. It is, of course, brand biased but there is lots of valid discussion on every luxury brand....(and lots of less valuable discussion on some "lesser" brands....lol).

6speed and CL are the only two forums that I frequent that actually try to curb the activities of the fanbois/children/douchebags by not allowing them to spew their uninformed bs.

There are so many great, knowledgeable members here that it's a great place to learn and talk about cars, but sadly threads so often get derailed by the fanbois/badge whores that contribute nothing of value.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #48
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm aware, just pointing out the Lexus badge isn't as synonymous with reliability as it used to be. I have nothing against the IS-F other than it's looks (personal taste.) It's a well built car that drives great, I'm sure.
Fair enough, but it still leads BMW by a wide margin.

Look, if you see my posts in this thread, I've never even suggested that the OP choose the F. I've just tried to provide some actual ownership knowledge regarding the car versus the uninformed chatter that was being contributed.

They are both great cars. I have never said anything negative about the M3...unless you count stating it's not perfect...lol. I have tons of respect for the M3 or the C63 (which I actually attempted to buy first), GT R, etc.

You are fully entitled to your opinion about the looks as is everyone. That's why we don't all drive the same cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #49
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
I disagree with this statement. I've been a member of clublexus longer than you (since 2004). It can be quite overbearing especially on the car chat forum. Posts deleted, warnings infractions galore if you go against the grain by some who have not been on this Earth no longer than me. The forum has gone down hill & others share my sentiment by no longer posting as much or at all. This forum is less overbearing and allows one to post their opinion. Hell even you post here with your controversal opinions yet you have yet to be penalized right?
Not exactly. I'm still banned from the general BMW section after shitting on the Vision ED on it's first page (it was a homepage thread) almost a month ago.
      01-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #50
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Not exactly. I'm still banned from the general BMW section after shitting on the Vision ED on it's first page (it was a homepage thread) almost a month ago.
Join the Lexus forum and experience it for a while then get back to us.
      01-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #51
Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
Our IS350 was towed to the dealer on 3 occasions because the car wouldn't recognize the key fob. You can open they door but it won't start. Talk about frustrating. Then it took 5 weeks for the dealer to get a disc to re-boot the nav system that would randomly put the car in another state. The service department might as well have been a Chevy dealer. All in all our first Lexus experience was bad. Took a big loss and sold it after two years.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #52
Robert
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
You sure about that? Second major recall on the IS Model alone... Lexus/Toyotas having stellar reliability is a thing of the past.
http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...nd-IS-vehicles

Toyota recalls 1.7 million Lexus GS and IS vehicles
Fuel-pressure sensors can cause leaks

Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling nearly 1.7 million cars worldwide to check fuel-pressure sensors to prevent gas leaks, in the latest in a series of damaging recalls by the world's largest automaker.
My experience with Lexus so far has been they have been proactive to fix issue than wait until I am stranded on side of a road. Granted, I have been a lexus owner after the fuel pedal fiasco, which no definitive conclusion has been made whether its driver error or manufacturer's flaw nor will we ever find out. I believe the cases are being settled.

None of the recalls on my car have affected me personally. Nor has the same problem keep failing fix after fix, think HPFP and E46M3 rod bearing issue. I see it as rather safe than sorry approach. For example, you aren't going to find many post on engine blown to bits from valve spring failure, or cars caught on fire from fuel leak. There is a couple but nowhere as prevalent as you would find of hpfp on this forum, over the internet, or on columnist' blogs.
      01-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #53
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Went from a Lexus to a BMW.. Worst decision EVER..... Lexus would be ok Mr Stout lets take a look at it.... Whenever I went in for service.... 1 or 2 times in 5 years.... One time cus I burnt the tires off the car... (IS 300 Sport-design)...

My 1 has 16k in miles and I have had it towed... BECAUSE THE HPFP BLEW....

10 months in and I have had a loaner 1 to 2 times EVER month...

BMW service did not care about me, Lied and made up the lamest excuses that make me go.....
They would make me think did he just say that???....??

The car was in service 2 weeks after I had it delivered... A 2010...

Oh Ya but BMW is great.....

Im 22... And don't have time for BS...

I have heard a lot of Great info about the M3 and its reliability.... I would get a IS-F after what I have been through...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #54
Imperator
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Join the Lexus forum and experience it for a while then get back to us.
I think ClubLexus mods blackboxed me then forcefully removed my avatar after I started posting using this:
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #55
Imperator
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post

Looks like you didn't find enough time for HS English class either.

Those dealer experiences of yours aren't representative of ownership experiences across the brand, nationwide. You should probably find a new dealer who can address your problems better.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #56
Hamster12011
Reading Motor Trend doesn't make you an expert.
Canada
Rep

Drives: 11 135I (sold) 10 M6 (current)

http://www.streetfire.net/video/batt...sf_2061223.htm

Prime example of how no car is perfect! I say go with what ever you like best and ignore all the haters. Your buying the car for you, not others.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #57
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Went from a Lexus to a BMW.. Worst decision EVER..... Lexus would be ok Mr Stout lets take a look at it.... Whenever I went in for service.... 1 or 2 times in 5 years.... One time cus I burnt the tires off the car... (IS 300 Sport-design)...

BMW service did not care about me, Lied and made up the lamest excuses that make me go.....

I have heard a lot of Great info about the M3 and its reliability.... I would get a IS-F after what I have been through...
So... many... elipses...

01-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #58
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:

You unfortunately got a LEMON
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #59
BlackLemon
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 13-750i, 15-Hurc., 14 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I don't know why anyone would even consider the IS-F's before this new one came out. If you can live with an automatic, I'd go for the C63. Holy shit, what a car.
Agreed, IS-F's are GHEYYYY (iam not a lexus fan, nothing against lexus owners)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #60
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
Looks like you didn't find enough time for HS English class either.

Those dealer experiences of yours aren't representative of ownership experiences across the brand, nationwide. You should probably find a new dealer who can address your problems better.
HAHA... In college and everything was spelled fine.... Especially for a dumb car forum... So Im not quite sure what education u have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
You unfortunately got a LEMON
Not sure.. But BMW NA brushes me off every time I contact them... Most of my family members have Lexus vehicles.. Great company, great cars... Wish I could say the same for BMW...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #61
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster12011 View Post
http://www.streetfire.net/video/batt...sf_2061223.htm

Prime example of how no car is perfect! I say go with what ever you like best and ignore all the haters. Your buying the car for you, not others.
I saw this on TV it was cool...

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #62
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
HAHA... In college and everything was spelled fine.... Especially for a dumb car forum... So Im not quite sure what education u have...

Not sure.. But BMW NA brushes me off every time I contact them... Most of my family members have Lexus vehicles.. Great company, great cars... Wish I could say the same for BMW...
holy...dogshit...you use...a lot of...elipsis...

I'm curious, how the hell did your HPFP "blow up"? Did you mod it? That would make you responsible. I've had mine fail on me a couple of times in my 70k miles of ownership, but all it's done is reduced the power to still completely driveable levels.

I'm surprised a stock factory engine would nuke itself like yours did.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #63
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
holy...dogshit...you use...a lot of...elipsis...

I'm curious, how the hell did your HPFP "blow up"? Did you mod it? That would make you responsible. I've had mine fail on me a couple of times in my 70k miles of ownership, but all it's done is reduced the power to still completely driveable levels.

I'm surprised a stock factory engine would nuke itself like yours did.
Im just saying was service told me that it blew... or failed...

HAHA.. After I type something for some reason I do this..... ... .. My tex msgs are like that too...

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #64
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Im just saying was service told me that it blew... or failed...

HAHA.. After I type something for some reason I do this..... ... .. My tex msgs are like that too...
So your HPFP failed to the point that your car had to be towed? They wrote this on the diagnostic sheet they hand to you after service?

Crazy.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #65
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
So your HPFP failed to the point that your car had to be towed? They wrote this on the diagnostic sheet they hand to you after service?

Crazy.
Ya.. My dealer is very, very bad... I put the service sheet in with the stack of others... Do u go to cars and coffee in St Pete???

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #66
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I'll probably go to the next one.

TK-421, I know you're eventually gonna read this, you should go too.
Appreciate 0