New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-14-2022, 08:43 AM   #6337
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

More or less yes, without the significant zoom/long range capabilities of a traditional scope, but good for CQB/quick acquisition shooting.
Appreciate 5
      07-14-2022, 08:47 AM   #6338
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Never had a magnifier. What is the point? Does it make the dot more like a traditional scope? Wondering if I've missed something.
This is indeed more a CQB thing, magnifier for midrange hits only, as soon as I enter a closed building, I'll flip the magnifier aside to have an unzoomed bigger view through the holo.
E.g.: When you are approaching a building or lets say onto the shooting range a farer away target, you would aim at it and hold it into your sights as long, as the magnifier would block your view for the total picture because of the magnification.
When close enough just flip it and you have the normal direct view to aim and hit you target on certain points.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 6
      07-14-2022, 09:21 AM   #6339
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Really well for an Asian.

Quote:
Never had a magnifier. What is the point? Does it make the dot more like a traditional scope? Wondering if I've missed something.
Yup. Gives up to 3x the range. I could easily flip the magnifier to the side and use just the red dot.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 09:36 AM   #6340
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep

Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
This is indeed more a CQB thing, magnifier for midrange hits only, as soon as I enter a closed building, I'll flip the magnifier aside to have an unzoomed bigger view through the holo.
E.g.: When you are approaching a building or lets say onto the shooting range a farer away target, you would aim at it and hold it into your sights as long, as the magnifier would block your view for the total picture because of the magnification.
When close enough just flip it and you have the normal direct view to aim and hit you target on certain points.
I dunno what you are on about with these precise little mechanisms on a rifle for close quarter combat situations....if Call of Duty has taught me anything, it is that an RPG is the ultimate close quarter combat weapon.
Appreciate 5
      07-14-2022, 10:27 AM   #6341
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Really well for an Asian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
I dunno what you are on about with these precise little mechanisms on a rifle for close quarter combat situations....if Call of Duty has taught me anything, it is that an RPG is the ultimate close quarter combat weapon.
Just don’t forget to do a little hop when you round a corner or enter a doorway.
Appreciate 3
      07-14-2022, 11:20 AM   #6342
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
I am a co-instructor at the German Army for CQB, especially indoor, this includes tactics, aiming, shooting, movement, grouping, avoiding booby traps and other exploding remains and at least the surviving of the soldiers.
Theres no bullsh*t at COD with random lucking or legendary rocket jumps at classic Unreal Tournament, dude, those told practics are from the real stuff.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 5
      07-14-2022, 11:58 AM   #6343
Watching The World Burn
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
Just don’t forget to do a little hop when you round a corner or enter a doorway.
That, or hit the floor in a prone position the moment you see someone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
I am a co-instructor at the German Army for CQB, especially indoor, this includes tactics, aiming, shooting, movement, grouping, avoiding booby traps and other exploding remains and at least the surviving of the soldiers.
Theres no bullsh*t at COD with random lucking or legendary rocket jumps at classic Unreal Tournament, dude, those told practics are from the real stuff.
I think some of the COD's *mean* to be *somewhat* realistic (certainly not all of them), but that doesn't stop us humans from manipulating the limited functions of the game mechanics to impart a lot of bullsh*t into the game regardless of the fact that this stuff would never work in real life.
Appreciate 4
chowser512025.00
Dang3r12512.00
      07-14-2022, 01:41 PM   #6344
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep

Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Gun control.

Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      07-14-2022, 01:44 PM   #6345
Watching The World Burn
Rep

In fairness, the .500 there is a big beast. I've shot it and my wrists stung after 10 rounds.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 02:30 PM   #6346
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
If anyone wants to read a thread about gun control: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...1935883&page=9

The misinformation is astounding.

Last edited by Torgus; 07-14-2022 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 02:50 PM   #6347
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just don't forget to do a little hop when you round a corner or enter a doorway.
This made me LOL!
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2022, 02:56 PM   #6348
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Just finished another 20-round qual. I'm pretty satisfied with the groupings. I still manage to shoot left despite adjusting my support hand, trigger pull, etc. I really need to continue to work on it. I have a partner who shoots dead center with his Staccato P2 DUO and his groupings are incredibly tight.
I hope you weren't aiming for a head shot!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-14-2022, 03:03 PM   #6349
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Quote:
Just finished another 20-round qual. I'm pretty satisfied with the groupings. I still manage to shoot left despite adjusting my support hand, trigger pull, etc. I really need to continue to work on it. I have a partner who shoots dead center with his Staccato P2 DUO and his groupings are incredibly tight.
I hope you weren't aiming for a head shot!
Naw! I was trying to be humane. I just kept trying to tap the same spot so I didn't poke too many holes and really keep the body intact. I didn't want to blow his lung completely out of his body.

#criminalsmatter
#badbad9mmround
Appreciate 3
      07-14-2022, 03:21 PM   #6350
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

Drives: ///M320i and X5

Talking

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That, or hit the floor in a prone position the moment you see someone...

I think some of the COD's *mean* to be *somewhat* realistic (certainly not all of them), but that doesn't stop us humans from manipulating the limited functions of the game mechanics to impart a lot of bullsh*t into the game regardless of the fact that this stuff would never work in real life.
This dialogue had me rolling. Brilliant
Appreciate 4
      07-14-2022, 05:35 PM   #6351
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Naw! I was trying to be humane. I just kept trying to tap the same spot so I didn't poke too many holes and really keep the body intact. I didn't want to blow his lung completely out of his body.

#criminalsmatter
#badbad9mmround
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 06:25 PM   #6352
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Quote:
That, or hit the floor in a prone position the moment you see someone....

argh! i hated this when I used to play COD. I ended up instead of firing up hoping for a headshot, I start shooting down hoping for a headshot when I saw someone.
Appreciate 2
      07-15-2022, 09:43 AM   #6353
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]

When these are walking down your street what do you think the correct caliber is to disable it?

"As someone who has actually interacted with the Boston Dynamics Spot robot (the dog), I can't exactly speak to whatever the US Military would have equiped on one, but in the picture OP posted, the biggest thing to go for is that giant black puck on the front. The cameras all around the dog are only good about 6ish feet out, that LIDAR device is how it actually navigates and "sees" what's around it. You take that out and the thing is more or less blind. On the standard Spots, there's a button on the backside that will disable the motors, and can only be reenabled physically on the robot. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES try to pick one of these up otherwise. They can, and will, shear fingers and shit off if you get caught up in the joints. It walks by sensing pressure/resistance to the motors, so if you try to pick it up while it's live, it will thrash around trying to find the ground/surface. The robot weighs about 70ish pounds just by itself, and can only move about 3MPH. The battery pack is also unsecured on it, so if you can disable the motors and yank the battery pack out, the robot is useless. If you ever have to deal with one of these, take out the LIDAR puck, and then shoot for center of mass/main joints on the body."
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-15-2022, 09:46 AM   #6354
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

Drives: ///M320i and X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post

When these are walking down your street what do you think the correct caliber to use is?
I’d start with a proper 40mm.
Appreciate 2
Torgus3781.50
      07-15-2022, 01:27 PM   #6355
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
[IMG]https://is2.4chan.org/pol/1657888282732.jpg[/IMG]

When these are walking down your street what do you think the correct caliber is to disable it?

"As someone who has actually interacted with the Boston Dynamics Spot robot (the dog), I can't exactly speak to whatever the US Military would have equiped on one, but in the picture OP posted, the biggest thing to go for is that giant black puck on the front. The cameras all around the dog are only good about 6ish feet out, that LIDAR device is how it actually navigates and "sees" what's around it. You take that out and the thing is more or less blind. On the standard Spots, there's a button on the backside that will disable the motors, and can only be reenabled physically on the robot. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES try to pick one of these up otherwise. They can, and will, shear fingers and shit off if you get caught up in the joints. It walks by sensing pressure/resistance to the motors, so if you try to pick it up while it's live, it will thrash around trying to find the ground/surface. The robot weighs about 70ish pounds just by itself, and can only move about 3MPH. The battery pack is also unsecured on it, so if you can disable the motors and yank the battery pack out, the robot is useless. If you ever have to deal with one of these, take out the LIDAR puck, and then shoot for center of mass/main joints on the body."
Can you imagine having to deal with one of those gone rogue?!? I'm grabbing nothing less than my AR-10 if I had to take one out.
Appreciate 2
Torgus3781.50
      07-15-2022, 05:06 PM   #6356
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Wow. I don’t have a .308. I got rid of my 6.5. I guess I’ll break out the .458 for that!
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25113.50
Torgus3781.50
      07-15-2022, 05:31 PM   #6357
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Can you imagine having to deal with one of those gone rogue?!? I'm grabbing nothing less than my AR-10 if I had to take one out.
I've got a Sig in 308 but I'd trust this more.

Appreciate 3
      07-15-2022, 05:41 PM   #6358
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've got a Sig in 308 but I'd trust this more.

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
My .308 is a Sig too; a modified Sig Sauer 716 Patrol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2