New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

06-26-2019, 12:27 AM   #89
N & M
Captain
Rep

Drives: F90 M5

Just Short Of The Mark

Could have been, should have been all over again...

Why is BMW so afraid of taking a position of dominance in anything these days? Not enough power or performance to out ahead of the current mid engine pack. Not enough environmental cred to make a benchmark for eco cars to come.

Looks like it smoke a Pista but would be killed by a Tesla in a straight line and in e range.

After such a wait this is all a bit underwhelming.
Appreciate 3
clee1982796.00
CH400EM117.50
yayaya102.50
      06-26-2019, 02:55 AM   #90
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: G03 X3

I like the stance and how taut the overall shape is, like it is milled from a single piece of metal - a bit like earlier MacBook Pro's and the e60 5-series in M Sport spec. Looks solid and tough.

There are hints of Giugiaro/ItalDesign heritage influence also: both the original M1 and I think it was his 'Maya II' concept car from the 1980's (I think).

But am I excited? Did I go Wow? No...
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 08:39 AM   #91
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep

Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
BMW will gladly slap a ZFat and call it racecar inspired original transmission, just like the M8. They even created M235i Racing just to make an excuse for using a torque converter!

I'm not even going to start about what looks better.. the lego body design or the grill.
      06-26-2019, 09:05 AM   #92
AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
BMW will gladly slap a ZFat and call it racecar inspired original transmission, just like the M8.
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #93
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
But wait, does this mean that the i4 will be a hybrid like this, or that it will be offered in that option?
No. What is it about this car that made you think that?

From now on, all products starting with "i" will be BEV vehicles. The "i4", will be a BEV model of the G26 4 Series Gran Coupe (with generous amounts of bespoken styling).

Now, it is also likely that there will be a PHEV G26 as well (probably called "430e", or some number followed by an "e", at any rate). BMW has made it very clear that are keeping things flexible, so any car in the lineup will support a combustion engine, electric motors (BEV), or some combination of the two (PHEV).
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 09:23 AM   #94
BMWRL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 528xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
Less is more dear BMW designer ... keep going with 6 cylinders and classical M design for Christ sake

😳😳😳
You're not seriously saying less is more and using this picture as reference are you? Looks like they bought out a Kragen auto parts and put every item on that Porsche.... 😂
      06-26-2019, 11:36 AM   #95
PARTS@STBMW
Rep

Drives: BMW

These colors!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 03:34 PM   #96
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

It's like they crashed a beautiful i8 through the bodykit section of Halfords …. horrible.

And then gave it to a colour-blind designer.

And finally to add insult to injury, added weight.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 06:03 PM   #97
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
These colors!
The Orange accents are to forge a link to the original Turbo Concept.
The precursor to the M1. They were overseen by the artist Thomas Demand.
      06-26-2019, 08:00 PM   #98
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
No. What is it about this car that made you think that?
What is it about this car that made me think that? Well... the car itself has a gas and electric engine. And BMW often uses these concept cars to showcase their vision, and it trickles down to the next available models.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 10:08 PM   #99
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
What is it about this car that made me think that? Well... the car itself has a gas and electric engine. And BMW often uses these concept cars to showcase their vision, and it trickles down to the next available models.
Ok, but there has already been a BEV concept car that previews the i4 - the Vision Dynamics Concept. So, I didn’t understand the association of a PHEV M super car with what is already known to be a pure electric sports sedan.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 08:11 AM   #100
BigT
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: I12 i8 Coupe / I01 i3 120Ah

Everyone familiar with BMW concept cars knows, that there are concept cars for technology or design and very rare for both aspects. 2009 Vision Efficient Dynamics was meant to be a tech concept car and not one for future design language. And I guess same here. They could have styled it sexier on the back though but I guess they were afraid to be pressed to do it again as a series like with the VED.

Interesting BMW says again they have no intention to build a hyper or super sportscar since it would mean nothing for the brands philosophy. For me that's the right way since the whole power excess vulgarity leads finally nowhere and is no longer exciting. With eDrive everyone will be very fast anyway. The new fun lies within handling oportunities of intelligent efficient dynamics.

So I clearly understand the message of this M Next. Compared to the actual M8 it is lightyears ahead.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 12:24 PM   #101
professor_yo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
"The sideview is very iconic and simple" a.k.a.- it's a Lambo with kidney grilles...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 02:22 PM   #102
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops90 View Post
This angle looks a bit like a huracan
Looks similar to my Toyota Prius
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 02:45 PM   #103
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
More like BMW Vision M? NEXT!!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 03:18 PM   #104
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Its a cool design but I'm pretty sure its going to over priced IF it ever comes out.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 03:19 PM   #105
Gonven
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: BMW X6

First Drive

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 05:02 PM   #106
johndeere
mhmmmm
Canada
Rep

Drives: MS3X

Looks like a high school rendering project. This is meant to impress?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 04:51 PM   #107
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mWHO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBMW View Post
WIR WAREN bayerisch UND SHEIZE
kangz posting on bimmerpost ctfu rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBMW View Post
This is a preview of the future design language. The current era is the actual end of the Bangle revolution evolution evolution cycle so here we can see what AVH has in mind for his own language.

Yup, that's gonna be a yikes from me dog.

BMW is controlled by the Grun Party and SD of Germany. This is a joke. They have essentially killed the 'motorsport' of M by literally killing any Motorsport racing BMW is involved in. Except Formula e of course. The series that gives away tickets for free.
Not to mention bmw engines have essentially been the same since 2009. Even the current 40i is a modded diesel from years ago. Interiors are all cheap plastic and the stereos are all cheap Chinese garbage that murder your music before it even hits the speakers.

All this fund electrics.

Anyone who paid full price for an F chassis BMW got fleeced.

When my M5 blows up my next car will be Audi/Porsche. Sorry, BMWs new corporate leadership is creating an unpractical, ugly, boring, appliance to fulfill the dreams of the Gruns of Germany. Atleast VAG is going down kicking and screaming. This car is a total meme and the M brand is now a souless sticker for third world money to show off on Instagram. Which racing program was this 'M next' related too again? The board says no to Le Mans, Indy, and F1 all in the same year they launch a halo car? Yeah, Audi has had better interiors for years now and RS dynamics are excellent.
10/10 that car is not it chief

Watching AMG and Porsche BTFO some bayern boys hurts but man its rekindling the car enthusiast in me. I dont even give a shit AMG is all turbo now they still sound good, and now Porsche is coming out with ANOTHER NA motor. Never did I expect anyone to deturbo, bore and stroke a motor in 2019.

BMW is totally a grun shill and clearly virtue signalling that more cylinders is toxic masculinity or some bullshit. A V6 ford GT I can tolerate, but this is just castrating. As if the EU can't pardon a supercar line let alone a motorsport line that make up > .01 of all new cars from their globalist agenda purge.

I still appreciate the M2 and have some hope for the G80 (z4 apparently has feel to it as well) but GOT DAMN BMW is trying so hard to assert its self as new world elite, and a membership piece to the foreign exchange student club.
Sad, seems from interviews that some people in the company are upset by it and think it's going to bankrupt them but the green shilling is obvious.

My sweet S85 better live forever wit the wya BMW is heading.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 06:07 PM   #108
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
This is stunning. That interior is to die for, not really a fan of electric cars but I've never been so excited for them until now.
Appreciate 1
yayaya102.50
      06-28-2019, 10:35 PM   #109
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eau_rouge View Post
Ok. Sooo...I understand that BMW is a global company, focused on growth, revenues and happy stakeholders all over the place. I know that the automotive industry is going through a difficult time right now. BMW should evolve as every other major company and they do. I see that there is no space/time for a "romantic" look in the mirror. Global companies can't rely on accomplishments achieved in the past.

But...as a lifelong fan of their cars and heritage, motorsport tradition and driving dynamics: The current developments and changes within their company sadden me. Their decisions to withdraw from traditional motorsports and allocate that budget to Formula E (I mean, who really gives a sh*t about this series?) is heartbreaking. To see that their LeMans cars (I know BOP) and the M6 at the Nordschleife 24h (even with a better BOP) were both absolutely not capable of keeping up with the other manufacturers is devastating. BMW once was a name that was linked to Motorsports before all others (besides Porsche). Nowadays it's just sad to see the current programs where BMW has some cars in.
Same with the cars and their social media/stakeholder activities. BMW M was always a "family" which valued its customers and really relied on their feedback. There were special events and a lot more. Today, BMW only invites social media "stars", "car collectors" and some folks who have nothing in common with the typical BMW M driver/customer. The design strategy of the cars is getting worse - BMW is not listening to longtime customers and is just focused on growth markets. Again, I understand that decision from a corporate perspective, as stated above. BUT, I think it's not my brand anymore. When I look at AMG, Porsche and even Hyundai with their N series, it's mind boggling how BMW M is changing so quickly to a company that I don't affiliate myself with. As I heard about the Vision M Next (or whatever stupid name it has) first, I knew exactly what was coming. I knew how it might look and what it's about. I am not even excited anymore. M always was a bit more hardcore, focused and driven than other brands. That is - unfortunately, not the case anymore. The whole disaster with their OPF transition for the European M cars and the way they handled customers when they took delivery of a 100k M4 C that sounded like...yeah, like nothing is devastating. I am still so disappointed about that whole nonsense. AMG, Porsche and all others are sitting at a table with customers and finding solutions - BMW M just tells us this is the way the regulations are and they are not able to do anything about it - yeah...right.

Maybe this is not the right place to tell this story and maybe some of you think I am a bit dramatic. I am - but only because I am saddened by the fact that this brand is developing into a company with good revenues and happy stakeholders - but sad customers who were into Motorsport and the heritage of M. You don't need to agree with me, but there is nothing that change my mind. And to be honest, I haven't even started pointing out all the things that bother me.
Couldn't agree more. An I hated absolutely everything about the film.
      06-29-2019, 09:38 PM   #110
yayaya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: BMW 335xi E92 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
This is stunning. That interior is to die for, not really a fan of electric cars but I've never been so excited for them until now.
Same, more than willing to accept this as my future driving experience.
Appreciate 0