New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #45
TheRox
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4rings View Post
Are you kidding me? the GT2 RS is clearly more of a "drivers" car than an LFA. I'm not sure what your definition of a "drivers" car is but the GT2 RS's performance is much more dependent on the skill of the driver than is the LFA. Not to mention the Porsche has much much much less electronics. The LFA may seem great and its individual components are nice and all, but when you put them all in a package the performance is lacking for a 375k car.
I have driven neither...but from what I have experienced...any car with a turbo charged engine is simply not as responsive as anaturally aspirated engine that has light components.

The LF-A engine is so damn responsive, it needs a digital tach...that to me is a large part of being a driver's cars...how quickly it responds to inputs.

The proper driver's car in the Porsche lineup is the GT3.

Just wish the LF-A could handle a manual tranny. That engine is right up there with the Carrera GT's...though it is alittle late.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #46
TheRox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I would much rather have the Lamborghini LP700-4 for 375k.
Everyone would.

LF-A is probably a much better driving experience than the heavy LP700-4 or even the Murci.

LF-A isn't about status, beauty, or track time....it doesn't do too well in those categories for the price. Its about the feel, and the interaction with the driver. There I assume it shines.

Like a Porsche Gt3....not the fastest car out there...but def the most connected.

You guys need to define what you're analyzing when you compare cars before you start whipping out and measuring the length of your cocks.

THe Veyron is a horrible track car but has great straight line speed and status. Is the Gt3 more involving than a Veryon? Yes. IS the VEyron about track time? NO. So don't bloody start talking about VEyron track times.

Same here, LF-A is about the driving experience not pure speed or horsepower numbers...because it really doesn't shine there for the price.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #47
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Everyone would.

LF-A is probably a much better driving experience than the heavy LP700-4 or even the Murci.

LF-A isn't about status, beauty, or track time....it doesn't do too well in those categories for the price. Its about the feel, and the interaction with the driver. There I assume it shines.

Like a Porsche Gt3....not the fastest car out there...but def the most connected.

You guys need to define what you're analyzing when you compare cars before you start whipping out and measuring the length of your cocks.

THe Veyron is a horrible track car but has great straight line speed and status. Is the Gt3 more involving than a Veryon? Yes. IS the VEyron about track time? NO. So don't bloody start talking about VEyron track times.

Same here, LF-A is about the driving experience not pure speed or horsepower numbers...because it really doesn't shine there for the price.
If the LF-A is about Status...then it doesn't have ANYTHING on the Lamborghini. Sorry, I don't buy your argument. Yes, the car is amazing but I would never own one if I had the money simply because I'd much rather have the Lambo due to 1. Heritage. 2. Balance(Mid-Engined) 3. Speed. 4. Most importantly, IT LOOKS AMAZING! while the LF-a Looks like fart. It smokes the LF-A in every regard. Performance, Looks, Sex Appeal, Beauty, and Status. The LP700-4 destroys the LF-A in pretty much everything.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-16-2011 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 02:22 AM   #48
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

http://video-player.edmunds.com/serv...d=906322289001

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 04-17-2011 at 02:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 03:50 AM   #49
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
The ignorance is strong with this one.
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #50
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Looks stunning in red. I would take red in a heart beat:

For people who want to hear the same LFA make some more music at the Long Beach Grand Prix Series with Scott Pruett (April 16th):

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 04-17-2011 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #51
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Then why is Lexus handpicking Celebrities to sell them to?

I dont know what the deal is with this car, it has a great engine but the rest of it is so meh. Why do people need to keep on promoting/defending/flaming it?

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #52
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Then why is Lexus handpicking Celebrities to sell them to?

I dont know what the deal is with this car, it has a great engine but the rest of it is so meh. Why do people need to keep on promoting/defending/flaming it?
They are not. It has come to light since the cars started reaching actual consumers, that they are not sold out and the selection process that was supposed to be so difficult to get through was a sham. Whoever had the bucks to pay for it, got one.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #53
Raine
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: '11 E82, '04 E60

Both cars are hot.
      04-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #54
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Oh noes!!! Jawpawnese made gewd cah. It can compete with my dream car that I'll never own; therefore I must bash it to feel better about my bench-racing fleet! It's as pathetic as people who are die hard sports team fans. How do they even relate to you? You'll never play in the NFL / NBA / MLB and you'll most likely never own the cars that you say will beat the LFA. Haha, life sucks.
      04-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #55
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

That is the big misconception. Most of the LFA owners are regular people who never owned exotics every before in their lives.

The guy who was featured taking delivery of his black LFA on the WGN news in Chicago said he never had owned a supercar in his life and this was his first time buying one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
They are not. It has come to light since the cars started reaching actual consumers, that they are not sold out and the selection process that was supposed to be so difficult to get through was a sham. Whoever had the bucks to pay for it, got one.

Rest is so meh? The chassis, suspension and handling dynamics of the LFA have proven to be atleast as good as its engine, if not better. There are not many cars that can pull 1.5 g lateral acceleration on the VBOX in corners with street daily driven tires without electronic aids like side-to-side torque vectoring differential. I could imagine what it would be like on the track with R compound tires on LFA. Also, only Enzo and Porsche Carrera GT used similarly extensive carbon fiber on them.

I personally love the styling and proportions of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 04-17-2011 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #56
TheRox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
If the LF-A is about Status...then it doesn't have ANYTHING on the Lamborghini. Sorry, I don't buy your argument. Yes, the car is amazing but I would never own one if I had the money simply because I'd much rather have the Lambo due to 1. Heritage. 2. Balance(Mid-Engined) 3. Speed. 4. Most importantly, IT LOOKS AMAZING! while the LF-a Looks like fart. It smokes the LF-A in every regard. Performance, Looks, Sex Appeal, Beauty, and Status. The LP700-4 destroys the LF-A in pretty much everything.
I said it isn't about status.

Its about the drive.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #57
A4rings
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 07 Space 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
I'm guessing you've driven both?
Yea i own both obviously and many more...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #58
A4rings
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have driven neither...but from what I have experienced...any car with a turbo charged engine is simply not as responsive as anaturally aspirated engine that has light components.

The LF-A engine is so damn responsive, it needs a digital tach...that to me is a large part of being a driver's cars...how quickly it responds to inputs.

The proper driver's car in the Porsche lineup is the GT3.

Just wish the LF-A could handle a manual tranny. That engine is right up there with the Carrera GT's...though it is alittle late.
lfa 552 hp 7:38 375K
CGT 605hp 7:28 440k

Last edited by A4rings; 04-18-2011 at 11:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #59
A4rings
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
That is the big misconception. Most of the LFA owners are regular people who never owned exotics every before in their lives.

The guy who was featured taking delivery of his black LFA on the WGN news in Chicago said he never had owned a supercar in his life and this was his first time buying one.

Rest is so meh? The chassis, suspension and handling dynamics of the LFA have proven to be atleast as good as its engine, if not better. There are not many cars that can pull 1.5 g lateral acceleration on the VBOX in corners with street daily driven tires without electronic aids like side-to-side torque vectoring differential. I could imagine what it would be like on the track with R compound tires on LFA. Also, only Enzo and Porsche Carrera GT used similarly extensive carbon fiber on them.

I personally love the styling and proportions of the car.
If all the components are so great why is the car so slow?

mp4-12c makes the LFA look like a horrible deal. the only thing the LFA has on the Maca is looks and 150k
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #60
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep

Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4rings View Post
If all the components are so great why is the car so slow?

mp4-12c makes the LFA look like a horrible deal. the only thing the LFA has on the Maca is looks and 150k
If you are in the market for this car, you are most likely not considering performance or price as the deciding factor. Maybe it's the fact that this is perhaps the most passionate and emotional representation of what Japan can do with a car that also possesses class and reliability that those with the cash can appreciate. There will always be something faster out there, and I think Lexus knew that. Its numbers may be average for a supercar, but I have no doubt the owners will be having fun flogging the LF-A on some backroads
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #61
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
If you are in the market for this car, you are most likely not considering performance or price as the deciding factor. Maybe it's the fact that this is perhaps the most passionate and emotional representation of what Japan can do with a car that also possesses class and reliability that those with the cash can appreciate. There will always be something faster out there, and I think Lexus knew that. Its numbers may be average for a supercar, but I have no doubt the owners will be having fun flogging the LF-A on some backroads
Well said. It is more of an M3 ZCP vs Boss 302 Mustang debate we have on this board.

Maclaren MPC is one of those cars that is built with a single-focus in mind. Track performance and everything is completely secondary.

Lexus LFA is a no-compromise supercar where it has every luxury and amenity one can find on a exotic supercar. It is not a single-purpose supercar where fastest lap times mean everything. It even comes with street tires for daily driving rather than more seriously sticky rubber that most other supercars wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
Hate to tell you, but as far as I know, the LFA didnt run that time.

Also, think about this. The LFA has all the latest of technology (suspension/transmission/tires/etc) in the past 10 years since the CGT was made, yet it cant match it from all the statistical, qualitative numbers Ive seen.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/p...exus_lf-a.html

As others have said, cars like the CGT, Enzo, LFA arent bought by people who nitpick over .02 seconds, they buy them because they are pinnacles of engineering.

Like I posted before, LFA has lapped the ENTIRE Nurburgring race track in 7:38 with two people onboard. Not just the 0.8 KM shorter Northern loop used in the Sport Auto tests. There is no reasons to doubt it is a solid 7:2xs car.

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 04-17-2011 at 05:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #62
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
I ordered a White Lexus LF-A. It should arrive within a week This will have to do since I am too poor to buy the actual car. I'd rather keep my house. Highly recommended model from AutoArt.

04-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #63
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

That's swwwweet. Wow!!! Look at the engine. The attention to detail is crazy. I will be buying one in red or blue as well. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
I ordered a White Lexus LF-A. It should arrive within a week This will have to do since I am too poor to buy the actual car. I'd rather keep my house. Highly recommended model from AutoArt.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #64
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep

Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

I'm tired of people saying "IF" I had the money, I would rather buy an X car.
Face it,
those who are able to afford an LFA most likely have not only millions of dollars in assets, but more than likely 10s of millions, if not 100s of millions. They don't care about the dollar/performance, badge or class. They simply like the exclusivity factor of the LFA.

The vast majority of those who say I would rather buy an X car will never set their foot in a 300k+ exotic, so please STFU already.
      04-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #65
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRideTheWhip View Post
I'll disagree. If it was about the drive, Lexus wouldn't hand pick who gets it and who doesn't. When Paris Hilton gets one for her birthday, that proves it's not about the drive.
Pay attention.

I already posted about this. The selection process was about who could afford one. There was no "selectivity" about who got one, their celebrity status or how they were going to drive it.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #66
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Drives: E92/E90 Depends on Mood

I'll take a simple 997.2 Turbo S with European delivery any day over the L brand.
I wonder if L has Japanese delivery??
Nope, no sir, no thanks. Never Ever.
As all other Lexus and Toyota cars, ugly as Hell.

Porsche. There is No Substitute.

Tomato
Appreciate 0