New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Closed Thread

03-12-2007, 12:08 AM   #45
Barry626
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Coming: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP330 View Post
You also just substantiated the BMW stereotype. Congratulations.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 12:46 AM   #46
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep

Drives: 335 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanh8 View Post
As I understand it, '08 is the last production year for the S2000. Well, that's the word on the street. Honda will replace it with another roadster. Specs on it have been "leaked." People are saying that it is going to be more along the lines of Miata competition. Lower HP, lighter. This has led to mass hysteria in many s2ki threads
actually i believe the plan is to move the car to the acura line and luxury it out a little bit, it was just to raw to get a good market share/ people werent to happy about spending so much on a honda
      03-12-2007, 12:48 AM   #47
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
arent they replacing the rsx with a coupe tsx?... so the s2000 = the roadster coupe and coupe tsx = hardtop coupe?

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 02:42 AM   #48
junwoni
Private
Rep

Drives: 07 335i blue / 350Z

rx-8 looks nice. IMO. but it's not at the same league as 335i in power and price.
      03-12-2007, 03:17 AM   #49
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
lol first we compare the rs4 to the 335 and we all of sudden started comparing the 335 to the rx8 haha wat next, my EZ-GO golf cart with my A3. I have nothing against any of these car and i actually love the rx8 and of course i like the 335 but these comparisons are going way crazy in my opinion. But hey its a discussion so yea. nvm me and continue on
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 07:36 AM   #50
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Since some people still aren't getting it... I didn't want to compare my car to an RX-8. If anything, it was the other way around. He made a dick move then acted like he wanted to race, so I obliged. And yes I realize what I did may be considered by some as childish. It may have been, but so what? Get over it.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 08:37 AM   #51
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
and for the record... i dont hate the rx8. one of my friends had one but his engine died at 16k miles and he ended up getting an entirely new engine for the car... have no idea why he kept that... but anyways the rx8 looks cheap... and there is no point of making that car a 4 seater when you can only fit anorexic models in the back.
I like anorexic models in the back.
Actually, I think the back seats are pretty good. Just about as much leg room as my 335i. Certainly not as wide as fat butts require. I just say, "No" to fat butts.
      03-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #52
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Plymouth Volare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
However I think you should probably STOP reading threads. Based upon your writing ability you've lost too many points already.

yeah yeah..that was a botched post edit and i purposely don't bother with capitalization. grammar policing aside though, i'm amazed at some of the content i've been reading here lately.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #53
SteveMD
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2016 F10 535i MSport

No mention of this so I'll contribute: the auto RX8s are dog slow. The auto box can't handle the ..ahem...torque so they are limited to 210 ish HP by the use of a 4 port motor. The sticks get the 232HP 6 port.

Not sure about 2007s but my wife and I drove both the 2006 auto and stick. Didn't like the car at all. Didn't think the stick was that quick although the power delivery is wierd.
2016 F10 535i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 03:02 PM   #54
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Since some people still aren't getting it... I didn't want to compare my car to an RX-8. If anything, it was the other way around. He made a dick move then acted like he wanted to race, so I obliged. And yes I realize what I did may be considered by some as childish. It may have been, but so what? Get over it.
haha sorry i didn't read the first page haha but yea... w,e it doesn't bother me im just adding my humor
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #55
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I like anorexic models in the back.
Actually, I think the back seats are pretty good. Just about as much leg room as my 335i. Certainly not as wide as fat butts require. I just say, "No" to fat butts.
lol you gotta be kiddin me! im 180lbs and i can barely fit in the back of the rx8... i mean its okay when your already sittin there but the whole process of getting my ass onto the tiny seat and then off is a pain... i've rode in another friend's e92 as well and its not that bad for me... its roomier imo.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #56
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4 i3 X3

Just cannot help but think that the same folks who are ripping on the RX-8 as being slow and crappy are the same folks who bought their BMW's for the little freaking Emblem on the hood. Not Drivers by any stretch, simply image cultivating consumers. I'll also wager they are story tellers, most having never touched an RX let alone driven one... If you are really into driving, there is just no way you can spend some time behind the wheel of an RX-8 at 8000RPM and not at least have some fond memories of the rotary noise and entertainment value. Just like cannot say the S2000 is a piece of crap, just cannot do it, there are too many good points to it.

Regardless... The RX8 is not and WAS not a competitor for the 335i. Nor was that the point of this silly thread.

The RX-8 is a affordable little Japanese sports car. That's it's job and it does this very well. The fairy tales posted here are just that, fairy tales propagated by the unknowing cause they need to feel superior to SOMETHING plain old brand loyalty and Fan Boy Bullcrap... Yippa.

I've yet to meet or hear from a SINGLE RX-8 Owner, who was truly disappointed across the board. They are Super fun, Handle Better at 8/10ths than most of the vehicles out there on the road and will outperform the e90/e92's on a good twisty piece of asphalt... If you bought your E90/E92 to be the fastest cornering machine on the road you got screwed, similarly if you bought it to be the fastest in a straight line, you got screwed. That's not what the 3series is about. It's a generalist, a jack of all trades, and a far better built and better riding car than the RX-8 yes. But the RX-8 is about silly unpretentious sporty fun. It's about Curves, and twisty canyon roads, FUN first and foremost. From the sounds of it something a good many of you don't understand or cannot get your arms around due to the enormity of your Automotive ego's. Surely you can remember back to when you had fun driving, and not just posing with a roundel hoping someone gives a crap.

If the RX-8 WAS simply perfect I wouldn't be here would I? Nope I'd be perfectly content with the RX-8. But I am not, the E92 is a better car in just about every situation on public roads. The E92 gets better gas mileage, has far better acceleration, has better feel and fits me like a glove, NOT like a glove without headroom. It's just about perfect in every way for me.

Anyway, I've been slinging enough mud here, mostly for fun. I'm not really dick, I just play one on the internet.
      03-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #57
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
my friend was dissapointed... 16k miles and a blown engine... i dont even know if insurance covered it.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #58
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol you gotta be kiddin me
No. I really do like putting nearly anorexic models in the back. And I do say, "No" to fat butts.
Quote:
im 180lbs and i can barely fit in the back of the rx8... i mean its okay when your already sittin there but the whole process of getting my ass onto the tiny seat and then off is a pain... i've rode in another friend's e92 as well and its not that bad for me... its roomier imo.
The last time I sat in the back of my RX8 I fit just fine even after sitting in the seat right in front of it to set the seat. I could have faulty memory, because it has been awhile since I sat back there. Mostly it is for the kid (that's why an RX-8 rather than Honda S2000 or ?). If I think of it, when I get home, I will get out of my E92 and into the back of my RX-8. I'll let you know what I really think. I did already say that the bimmer has more room (width) in back. I am certain that it is more difficult to get into the back seat of my E92 than my RX-8. And I am a guy and I am not anorexic at about 185 lbs.

Another thread gets into the RX-8 vs. 335i question much more deeply than this thread. See http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45738.
      03-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #59
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
might be because i sag... hahaha

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #60
BIGWILL
I heard your eyeballs move Pvt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rep

Drives: 2011 E Class 4Matic Sport Merc

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Just cannot help but think that the same folks who are ripping on the RX-8 as being slow and crappy are the same folks who bought their BMW's for the little freaking Emblem on the hood. Not Drivers by any stretch, simply image cultivating consumers. I'll also wager they are story tellers, most having never touched an RX let alone driven one... If you are really into driving, there is just no way you can spend some time behind the wheel of an RX-8 at 8000RPM and not at least have some fond memories of the rotary noise and entertainment value. Just like cannot say the S2000 is a piece of crap, just cannot do it, there are too many good points to it.

Regardless... The RX8 is not and WAS not a competitor for the 335i. Nor was that the point of this silly thread.

The RX-8 is a affordable little Japanese sports car. That's it's job and it does this very well. The fairy tales posted here are just that, fairy tales propagated by the unknowing cause they need to feel superior to SOMETHING plain old brand loyalty and Fan Boy Bullcrap... Yippa.

I've yet to meet or hear from a SINGLE RX-8 Owner, who was truly disappointed across the board. They are Super fun, Handle Better at 8/10ths than most of the vehicles out there on the road and will outperform the e90/e92's on a good twisty piece of asphalt... If you bought your E90/E92 to be the fastest cornering machine on the road you got screwed, similarly if you bought it to be the fastest in a straight line, you got screwed. That's not what the 3series is about. It's a generalist, a jack of all trades, and a far better built and better riding car than the RX-8 yes. But the RX-8 is about silly unpretentious sporty fun. It's about Curves, and twisty canyon roads, FUN first and foremost. From the sounds of it something a good many of you don't understand or cannot get your arms around due to the enormity of your Automotive ego's. Surely you can remember back to when you had fun driving, and not just posing with a roundel hoping someone gives a crap.

If the RX-8 WAS simply perfect I wouldn't be here would I? Nope I'd be perfectly content with the RX-8. But I am not, the E92 is a better car in just about every situation on public roads. The E92 gets better gas mileage, has far better acceleration, has better feel and fits me like a glove, NOT like a glove without headroom. It's just about perfect in every way for me.

Anyway, I've been slinging enough mud here, mostly for fun. I'm not really dick, I just play one on the internet.
+1!!!!!
      03-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #61
SP330
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 19 M5

My disappointment with the BMW product line, should not lead to assumptions in me hating it.

I do not, BMW still makes the best overall driver's car even though now they are grossly overweight and overladen with unnecessary technology that doesn't add to the driving experience.

BMW owners are not the only ones with stereotypes, the same could be said about tools in G35's and 350z's.

What may of seemed as an abrasive and expendable post, was actually a hard truth I will further reiterate:

-You massacred a torqueless wonder in basically what can be called an acceleration test. Which is the equivalent to me bragging about my IQ test score compared to a known dunce.

-RX8's are extremely fun cars even with the lack of torque

Funny how we forget the days of 330i's getting clobbered by IS350's in acceleration bouts, with the BMW people saying "we'll nick 'em at the twisties" .
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 06:29 PM   #62
richbum
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 325i,G35

Quote:
I'll keep this short and sweet.

This guy took off from the light we were at and I knew immediately he was going to try and cut me off to get to a turn that I was already in the lane for. I heard the rotary wind out and he started to creep into my lane while I was still next to him :mad: . That got me irritated so I floored it and shot by him. I slowed down for a second and gave the driver a Mutombo finger wag as I went by. He was forced to get behind me before making the turn. He took off again as we got on the highway, where I proceded to leave him in the dust. I saw him give up after about 5 seconds.

Sorry about street racing, but I've always hated RX-8's and this guy had it coming.
You sir, dont deserve a 335i. hand it over. i'm looking for one right now.

My toy box:
E90 Alpine White
Kerscher front bumper
Eisenmann exhaust
Mtec HIDs

G35 Coupe:
Kenstyle Bodykit
20" JLine Wheels
Greddy StageII Turbo
Greddy Cat-Back Exhaust System
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #63
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
If I think of it, when I get home, I will get out of my E92 and into the back of my RX-8. I'll let you know what I really think. I did already say that the bimmer has more room (width) in back. I am certain that it is more difficult to get into the back seat of my E92 than my RX-8. And I am a guy and I am not anorexic at about 185 lbs.

Another thread gets into the RX-8 vs. 335i question much more deeply than this thread. See http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45738.
So, I climbed into the back seat of my E92. Getting there and getting out is not so easy. Once there, it is good.

Doing the same in the RX-8 the legroom is maybe an inch less. I still fit OK. My knees were not quite into the back of the driver's seat. Seat width isn't much different for me in either car.

A fat butt should fit just a bit more comfortably in the back seat of an E92 (if the person could get in). [Now that I write this, I'm sure it would be a lot easier to get into the back seat of my E92 if I had slid the seat forward, but didn't think of that at the time. It's time consuming, sliding the seat forward.]

Getting into, out of the back seat of the RX-8 couldn't be easier. The back doors make all the difference.
      03-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #64
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbum View Post
You sir, dont deserve a 335i. hand it over. i'm looking for one right now.
I have worked hard my whole life, owned Hondas and Toyotas. I support my aunt and grandmother, completely on my own. I moved them myself from New Mexico, again, on my own. I pay their rent, again, on my own. I've saved up hard earned money for years and decided that I would spring for a car that I have wanted for some time. Who the fuck are you to tell me what I do and don't deserve?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #65
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: Debadged

Quote:
I have worked hard my whole life, owned Hondas and Toyotas. I support my aunt and grandmother, completely on my own. I moved them myself from New Mexico, again, on my own. I pay their rent, again, on my own. I've saved up hard earned money for years and decided that I would spring for a car that I have wanted for some time. Who the fuck are you to tell me what I do and don't deserve?
whoa nelly. can't we all just get along?

i think he was just ribbing you jokingly...hence the emoticon.

and good on yah for supporting your family.

---

I personally quite like the RX-8. I was planning on getting it before I ultimately decided to get my 325i. When I was car shopping, I knew that I wanted a car that had the following:

1) RWD
2) 6MT
3) good handling
4) Four seater as I drive my parents/family/friends around.

In the end, the RX-8 and the BMW 325i or 323i were the finalist. All three cars were roughly in my budget. In the end, I ended up springing for almost no option 325i. It was a tough close choice...and I was on the fence for a bit. In the end it was for the following small reasons:

1) First I needed four REAL doors as I drive my parents around. The RX-8 solution, while a great compromise, wasn't what I needed.
2) I took my mom to the Mazda dealership to show her the car I was going to get. She said it looked like a car that my sister would drive...i.e. effeminate. That did it for me.

I personally didn't care about the badge prestige of the BMW or other factors.

I still quite like the RX-8...despite my mom's comment. Heh.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #66
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP330 View Post
My disappointment with the BMW product line, should not lead to assumptions in me hating it.

I do not, BMW still makes the best overall driver's car even though now they are grossly overweight and overladen with unnecessary technology that doesn't add to the driving experience.

BMW owners are not the only ones with stereotypes, the same could be said about tools in G35's and 350z's.

What may of seemed as an abrasive and expendable post, was actually a hard truth I will further reiterate:

-You massacred a torqueless wonder in basically what can be called an acceleration test. Which is the equivalent to me bragging about my IQ test score compared to a known dunce.

-RX8's are extremely fun cars even with the lack of torque

Funny how we forget the days of 330i's getting clobbered by IS350's in acceleration bouts, with the BMW people saying "we'll nick 'em at the twisties" .
I reiterated in a previous post in this thread that I don't hate the RX-8, I just dislike it

And, again, I didn't post this encounter to compare cars. Being an S2000 owner I can appreciate the "it" quality of a roadster. I posted this to rave about the 335i and for the sake of posting. It happens, this is a message board, get over it.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread