New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #45
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR171 View Post
- F sport package is a direct copy of M Sport package
- LED strip on headlights is a direct copy of Audi LED strip on headlights
- Front bumper is hideous
- F Sport badge on the fender looks stupid
- Even Lexus people don't like it:

This car is a terrible attempt at keeping up with the German manufactures by copying everything they do. The car is hideous.

Corolla front bumper looks exactly the same:
+1 failed version of Audi's headlights.

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #46
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Meh, I definitely like the look of my 06 IS350 better....
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #47
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
Lexus and Acura continue to march down the road of design bankruptcy.
You know, of all the things you could say of Acura's design direction, unoriginal isn't one of them.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #48
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: IS 300

Garage List
blue2fire I agree..

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #49
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Sounds like something Germany car manufacturer can take notes on. Imitate japanese electronics instead of producing their own shitronics
Reliability or features?

Our IS' navi sucks. They still haven't updated their Navi, yet they need to badly. 3 series Navi > IS.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #50
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 435icp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
You know, of all the things you could say of Acura's design direction, unoriginal isn't one of them.
but "hideous" is one of them. which is what I meant.

systematic series of bad design decisions compounding to create not just horrible looking vehicles, but no easy way to right the ship easily. fixing car design is like turning an oil tanker. it's done slow as hell. it'll be a decade before Acura finds their way out of this darkness and returns to design relevancy.
The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly, who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who, at the best, know the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #51
AlpineG05
hi
Rep

Drives: Alpine White G05

+1 on that Acura statement the last generation TLs and TSXs were good looking cars IMO even the RSX type S as well. The new designed models are beyond ugly I really don't understand how someone can justify spending money on that creature. Seriously, everytime I see a new tl and tsx I think myself "wow that person is an idiot." a little harsh, yeah perhaps.
      07-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #52
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine 335i View Post
+1 on that Acura statement the last generation TLs and TSXs were good looking cars IMO even the RSX type S as well. The new designed models are beyond ugly I really don't understand how someone can justify spending money on that creature. Seriously, everytime I see a new tl and tsx I think myself "wow that person is an idiot." a little harsh, yeah perhaps.
Some idiot that does not want to spend time at the garage.Let's admit that german cars are not problem free. While japanese cars are rarely problematic. Falling 3rd brake light, dash condensation, constant ECU reflash, HPFP etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #53
Robert
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Some idiot that does not want to spend time at the garage.Let's admit that german cars are not problem free. While japanese cars are rarely problematic. Falling 3rd brake light, dash condensation, constant ECU reflash, HPFP etc
Yup, for me there's a difference between spending time in garage to make my car better versus getting it to work.

Every one of us think other people are idiot and we are smarter. In this case since there's more Toyotas out there, for every 1 BMW driver think Toyota drivers are idiots, there's 100 of them thinking BMW drivers are idiots. So by law of large numbers and majority rules I guess BMW drivers are idiots? In the end it doesn't matter we are all idiots.

Seriously that's what they will think when seeing a BMW driver in a less than one year old car cranking 30 seconds before starting up.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #54
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Toyota/Lexus is NOT an enthusiast brand...at least not anymore. They just give people what the market wants.

a) Toyota killed off all their sports cars. They even killed off their sporty compacts like the lightweight/high revving Celica GT-S.
b) They added more trucks/SUVs/SAVs to their lineup.
c) prius
d) Their flagship sports sedan wasn't given a proper manual transmission (not even a dual clutch option). And no, the IS250 doesn't count. Even the IS F isn't available in a manual transmission or dual clutch.
e) Sure the LFA is amazing (of course this is just an opinion), but no enthusiast can afford one.

Whatever happened to the Toyota that produced the Supra, MR2 (the mid-engined turbo model), and turbo-charged AWD Celica?

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #55
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
Toyota/Lexus is NOT an enthusiast brand...at least not anymore. They just give people what the market wants.

a) Toyota killed off all their sports cars. They even killed off their sporty compacts like the lightweight/high revving Celica GT-S.
b) They added more trucks/SUVs/SAVs to their lineup.
c) prius
d) Their flagship sports sedan wasn't given a proper manual transmission (not even a dual clutch option). And no, the IS250 doesn't count. Even the IS F isn't available in a manual transmission or dual clutch.
e) Sure the LFA is amazing (of course this is just an opinion), but no enthusiast can afford one.

Whatever happened to the Toyota that produced the Supra, MR2 (the mid-engined turbo model), and turbo-charged AWD Celica?
Those days are gone..gone are the CRX, 16V GTI, Eagle talon, Acura RS(1st gen)even RSX-S, gone is the EG SI civic, Corrado G60-VR6,240sx...gone are those days.....I'm not talking about modding just those cars in their stock form.

One solution left...buying vintage cars and drive any beater or get a decent daily driver like an IS or 328 some A to B car. New cars are boring nowadays....anything will do honestly. I'd get a G37 over a 3 series....a 3 series so did my 1er was not that exciting. However if I had to do it an other time I would have got the G...it's cheaper and less problem prone. Let alone dealer service is better at Infiniti. I was given an appointement 2 weeks later for a car that was running like shiznit because of an HPFP....I'm not picky but the thing was not drivable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 07-26-2010 at 06:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #56
Robert
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Those days are gone..gone are the CRX, 16V GTI, Eagle talon, Acura RS(1st gen)even RSX-S, gone is the EG SI civic, Corrado G60-VR6,240sx...gone are those days.....I'm not talking about modding just those cars in their stock form.

One solution left...buying vintage cars and drive any beater or get a decent daily driver like an IS or 328 some A to B car. New cars are boring nowadays....anything will do honestly. I'd get a G37 over a 3 series....a 3 series so did my 1er was not that exciting. However if I had to do it an other time I would have got the G...it's cheaper and less problem prone. Let alone dealer service is better at Infiniti. I was given an appointement 2 weeks later for a car that was running like shiznit because of an HPFP....I'm not picky but the thing was not drivable.
The is350 is my daily. Looking for a s2k, elise, or cayman s for weekender. Who knows maybe I will sell the Lexus and live with a seater. Don't have a family to worry about.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #57
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
LOL!

I've got a Lexus that caters to the enthusiast far more than any 135/335.

The LF A isn't a bad second attempt at an "enthusiast" vehicle either.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 11:46 PM   #58
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my IS350! Its a great car, and even though its nav system is dvd-based, it is still better than the new iDrive IMO. My IS is 4 years old but is still rock-solid and the dealer experience is second-to-none. The 335i may be a better driver's car, but the IS is alot closer than alot of the fanboys would like to admit....
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 02:05 AM   #59
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I love Lexus... Lexus= 0 PROBLEMS.. Also everyone on these forums have money to blow on cars... WE ARE IN ARE IN A RECESSION PEOPLE... Other people in the world are trying to save money... The M3 forums make me think DAMN where the fuck do they get all this cash???? I am only 21 finishing up a Finance degree... ;^)

HEY GUYS WE ARE THE LAST OF A DIEING BREED.....

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 02:19 AM   #60
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
I love Lexus... Lexus= 0 PROBLEMS.. Also everyone on these forums have money to blow on cars... WE ARE IN ARE IN A RECESSION PEOPLE... Other people in the world are trying to save money... The M3 forums make me think DAMN where the fuck do they get all this cash???? I am only 21 finishing up a Finance degree... ;^)

HEY GUYS WE ARE THE LAST OF A DIEING BREED.....
When I was 21, all I could afford was a rusty 86 mazda 626 (paid $2000 for it). I'm sure many think the same about you being 21 and driving a 40k + car.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 02:35 AM   #61
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
A lot of the people im hanging out with have crazy stuff... The last time I was on the track in homstead, with some friends and they brought out a f430 scuderia, Mustang FR500S, and a race-car... I was Driving the Ferrari not on the track but around it thinking DAMN I want this...

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 02:37 AM   #62
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The Ferrari had less than 500 miles on it... ... .. .. .

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 06:49 AM   #63
Raine
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: '11 E82, '04 E60

I can't help but *yawn* looking at that design. Nothing about it is distinctive, it looks too generic. At least Acura makes you go "WHOA, WTF WAS THAT?"

Last edited by Raine; 07-27-2010 at 06:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 04:16 PM   #64
Project1
Bimmer Love
Rep

Drives: You will figure it out...

That is one hideous car...ew
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 02:51 AM   #65
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

more leds.... are u freaking kidding me?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #66
Raine
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: '11 E82, '04 E60

is it me or does the side view look like a corolla lol
Appreciate 0