New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #67
Muffnbluff
Redline Addict
Rep

Drives: '14 BMW 335 xdrive

Saw another C63 AMG pulling out of the parking lot while I was getting donuts today...I could listen to that exhaust all day long.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #68
Berduderunner
drk one
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
I've cleaned up all the off-topic BS and bickering in this thread. Let's all try to make sure that it doesn't get hijacked again.
BMS JB3 v2.0 | BMS DCI | Berk Tech Sport Exhaust | UR * DPs | CoolingMist Meth Kit w/ CMGS | H&R OE Sport Springs | Breyton GTS-R | Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs | GP Thunder 8000K Low Beams/Angel Eyes/Cornering Lights | LED Interior Light Kit | Window Tint | Smoked Tail Lights | Smoked License Plate Cover
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #69
eeeboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 08M3 Space Gray DCT

335 is so plain, enjoy the c63 BEAST
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #70
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
My HPFP hasn't given me problems yet (knock on wood) but the cranks have been longer recently.

And back on subject... I'm not really a fan of the C63 although the power is there. The C63 guys on mbworld.org are the worst fanboys I've met though... even the guys w/ more expensive cars on there know its their ricer forum.
False. While each car I'm sure has its own "fanboy" crowd, your comment is anything but close to the truth. Why don't you scroll through the multiple threads on M3post "VS" section, where cars like the CTS-V,GT-R, RS4, IS-F and other high end cars are compared. Each thread develops into a public "bashing" of the particular car being compared to the M3 as if it was a Ferrari. Granted, there are a lot of members that contribute to the conversation in a positive non-bias way who you actually can learn something from at times. There is nothing wrong with not liking the C63, RS4, CTS-V etc but some of the posts you read in that section make you question a lot of people's creditability. The most common thing I see over in MBworld.org in the C63 section are the pathetic/corny threads some members create like "Can I get laid with a C63" "Thinking of selling my C63 to get more attention".
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #71
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
False. While each car I'm sure has its own "fanboy" crowd, your comment is anything but close to the truth. Why don't you scroll through the multiple threads on M3post "VS" section, where cars like the CTS-V,GT-R, RS4, IS-F and other high end cars are compared. Each thread develops into a public "bashing" of the particular car being compared to the M3 as if it was a Ferrari. Granted, there are a lot of members that contribute to the conversation in a positive non-bias way who you actually can learn something from at times. There is nothing wrong with not liking the C63, RS4, CTS-V etc but some of the posts you read in that section make you question a lot of people's creditability. The most common thing I see over in MBworld.org in the C63 section are the pathetic/corny threads some members create like "Can I get laid with a C63" "Thinking of selling my C63 to get more attention".

I don't even go into the VS forum here. It's a bunch of kids who may or may not even own an E9X M3 spouting off about cars that it's obvious most of them have never driven. To hear their descriptions, you'd think the M3 was the second coming of Jesus. It makes me lose my little remaining hope for humanity.
      10-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #72
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post

I don't even go into the VS forum here. It's a bunch of kids who may or may not even own an E9X M3 spouting off about cars that it's obvious most of them have never driven. To hear their descriptions, you'd think the M3 was the second coming of Jesus. It makes me lose my little remaining hope for humanity.
I was surfing the C63 forums at MBWorld long before I got my car (about a year ago); I don't know if they've changed now. Back then they were bashing anything non-MB, ESPECIALLY M3's. Some arguments got to the point that the MB "enthusiasts" didn't even know what kind of engines their car had, to DTM, to all this irrelevant BS.

And I have been to the M3 forum here and frankly it is just as bad. Makes me want to think twice before "upgrading" to an M3 in the future, or even to another BMW.

So I guess we can call it a tie?
      10-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #73
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Finally here

jump on the C63.. plus they are giving them away with HUGE discounts (i've seen many that with outta door price the same as a new 335i). it has crossed my mind more than once..lol. i start to see alotta 335i guys upgrading to the C63.. instead of M3. not sure why but C63 AMG is such a beast...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #74
AZ135
REALTOR
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 Jag XF Supercharged

Quote:
And finally Brentwood = Southern California!!
Heinz: FYI Brentwood is in the East Bay. Shouldn't you know that since you're from San Jose?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #75
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I was surfing the C63 forums at MBWorld long before I got my car (about a year ago); I don't know if they've changed now. Back then they were bashing anything non-MB, ESPECIALLY M3's. Some arguments got to the point that the MB "enthusiasts" didn't even know what kind of engines their car had, to DTM, to all this irrelevant BS.

And I have been to the M3 forum here and frankly it is just as bad. Makes me want to think twice before "upgrading" to an M3 in the future, or even to another BMW.

I seen my fair share of stupid threads and post over there believe me, but I don't believe this claim. That person would be flamed to death.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #76
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

Quote:

Yep.
Sad, but true.

One big Kindergarten for the most part. Some great people with valuable insight...but it's rare. Not just the M3 area either.
      10-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #77
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: MP4

The answer is to buy the car for the car, and not for the forum that may or may not come with it.
      10-21-2009, 09:37 AM   #78
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

Absolutely!

I just want a P car.
      10-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #79
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Absolutely!

I just want a P car.
You finally settled on getting one? You've been looking for a while if I recall right.
      10-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #80
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Pretty much this.

It's funny, people here are such brand snobs. The C63 is basically the German version of a muscle car, but everyone wants one.

The Z06 on the other hand is an actual muscle car that has racing heritage, would run circles around the E92 M3, C63 and RS4 for LESS money now days, and scares the crap out of Ferrari and Aston Martin at the FIA GT, but it's "junk made by GM."
But its a Benz! Jokes apart, the C63 has this very feral look that the M3 just cant match. The m3 is the more dignified of the 2, more haute couture, if you will. Both are great cars and both are great for what they are. The Top gear episode where Jezza and the gang flog the 3 on a track, where the M3 is the most planted of the lot, the C63 being more of a hooligan.

In the end it comes down to personal choice, as in whether you want to work hard to drive your car (C63), where you are fish tailing and squealing endlessly trying to put all those 'torques' to the road, or want to drive something that has magnificent dynamics where you concentrate on your driving as opposed to trying to control the car. Either way, you cant go wrong. I for one feel that the 335 is perfect for me, since its a more basic car, loads of fun to drive, perfect for a DD and not as expensive at the pump.
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #81
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
But its a Benz! Jokes apart, the C63 has this very feral look that the M3 just cant match. The m3 is the more dignified of the 2, more haute couture, if you will. Both are great cars and both are great for what they are. The Top gear episode where Jezza and the gang flog the 3 on a track, where the M3 is the most planted of the lot, the C63 being more of a hooligan.

In the end it comes down to personal choice, as in whether you want to work hard to drive your car (C63), where you are fish tailing and squealing endlessly trying to put all those 'torques' to the road, or want to drive something that has magnificent dynamics where you concentrate on your driving as opposed to trying to control the car. Either way, you cant go wrong. I for one feel that the 335 is perfect for me, since its a more basic car, loads of fun to drive, perfect for a DD and not as expensive at the pump.
Considering I own a C63 I can tell you the Top Gear episode is a very poor preception of the C63. Granted the M3 is a better track, if you go over the MBWorld.org the few C63 owners who have taken their cars to the track have been able to hold their own. Personally both cars have such different personalities with the M3 being the superior on the track and the C63 being superior on the highway. However I wouldn't say you have to "work hard" when driving the C63.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #82
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
^i hope you keep your c63 indoor garage in hoboken...

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #83
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
^i hope you keep your c63 indoor garage in hoboken...
I do, but what is really shocking is someone has a Black 08 C63 in the garage in my building as well. Aside from that I rarely see a C63 on the road.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #84
shahsk30
Banned
Rep

Drives: slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
I rarely see a C63 on the road.
me too. i have only seen one on the road.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #85
fdsasdasdf
Captain
Rep

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyx637 View Post
you sound like a spoiled brat. that is all.
Wow. Take into account that he's probably a lot older than 18 now and is working on his own. Asshole.
Appreciate 0