New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-05-2013, 05:43 AM   #89
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
OH NO! The local BMW dealer will miss you so much! Who will take your place as the pompous, arrogant, superior windbag?
Yeah, that's exactly the problem, they'll not miss me; but some other pompous, arrogant, ass bag will buy an automatic M3 and fill the void.

The only guy that will is me is the shop foreman who was so impressed with the shape my car is in at 225,000 miles showed it to two BMW reps during the week they had it. He even told them (joking of course...) that if BMW can't solve the software issue in my car, BMW should buy me a new car just because I've kept my E90 in such good shape.

But I'm a superior windbag and just piss off everyone I meet...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #90
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

FWIW, my local bmw store doesn't typically stock any cars with a stick, and they are all xi as well because people are convinced they need awd for the 30 or 40 days it actually snows every year even though a set of snows will work great on a rear wheel drive car in our climate. So the car I would like to test would be either a 328i or 335i m sport if I was actually in the market...

The sales guy wasn't being rude, he was simply stating the facts. Most people don't buy a stick shift bmw, and even less will buy a caddy with one, despite how good the new car is, the company still has some stigma and the majority of their clients are oldsters.
      09-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #91
Clifton
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Cars with tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Yeah, just like the 13-page thread on when my car hit 200,000 miles...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=gentlxmen

XXXOOO
I think this thread, like many others, speaks volumes about you.

Bisous

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #92
NoMore335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 335xi - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Lol?

I'm not sure why you think I care.

I would never waste my money on one of those peasant-mobiles.
Your attitude is laughable.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #93
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMore335 View Post
Your attitude is laughable.
So is your join date.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #94
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh
So I have the day off work. I go down to Charlottesville, VA for the day (the wife was getting her hair done...). So after driving a 2012 F30 335i for the past week as a loaner car (and hated it), I decide I need to drive the ATS to see how it compares while the F30 is fresh in my ass-o-meter.

I go in to the C-ville Caddy dealer, I tell the salesman I want to drive both the 2.0L Turbo with the manual trans, and the 3.6L (auto only) with the magnetic-shock suspension. So the Sales guy says, "well we might not have the 2.0L manual, we don't stock those because not everyone wants one and when we get one it sits on the lot too long." Same shit I hear 10 years ago when Lincoln sold the LS... He says he'll check anyway. He comes back, nope they don't keep them in stock. We have a 2.0 L with the automatic right over here, you can shift it manually." I said "no, I want an actual manual transmission.: He says "sorry, but let me see if we have the 3.6..." So I say, "why does Cadillac even bother?" He says what do you mean? I say "Well, why does Cadillac build a sports sedan with a manual transmission" when the dealers don't stock them?" I heard the same crap from Lincoln 10 years..."

He says "Well we can order it for you." I said, "So why would I go order a car that I can't test drive first? Don't you understand that people like to test drive a car to see if they like it before they buy it." He said, getting pissed, "Why are you hating on me?" (I think lovely some pussy I got here). "It's not good business practice to keep a car on the lot so long." I said "well it's not good practice to not have a vehicle configuration the manufacturer has made to meet a demographic of drivers who want a manual transmission." So they guy is totally pissed now. So I say "Nice way to treat a potential customer... see ya".

I then went to the local BMW dealer. Test drove the F30 320i with a sport package and a manual transmission. It rode a lot better than the 335i (without a sport package), but the steering is just does not have the BMW DNA. Nor do the brakes. And whew, man was it slow...
Wow you were being so rude to that poor salesman
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #95
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
Wow you were being so rude to that poor salesman
Really, that's the first I've of heard it. Sorry to the poor salesman. Maybe he's poor because he doesn't know how to sell cars...
Appreciate 0