New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-03-2006, 08:00 PM   #23
whippersnapper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: people mad

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
really useful thread here
      07-04-2006, 01:27 AM   #24
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
Rep

Drives: '06 AW 320i

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
well, i agree with most of u that we didnt buy BMWs for thier 0-60 power...

but its not that bad to c how ur car goes compared to other cars, some Jap cars have about the same hp we have on our bimmers, so no harm in having a race with them

if u reeeeeally didnt consider power at all when u bought ur BMW, then y buy a 330 or 325?? buy 316 with full options n everything

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
BMW never makes ordinary cars . . .
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #25
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep

Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostoniant
alot of people in this forum seem really concerned that their BMWs are slower than less pricier japanese cars. cmon, we didn't buy the BMWs for speed right? Alot of dumbasses approach me and say BMWs are slow, and that their hooked up Civic would burn me in a quarter mile. so?! bitch, i could tie a rocket to a skateboard and it would be faster than my car. that doesn't mean a skateboard is better.
To the driver of the Eclipse: screw the head to head race, let's freakin drive head to head into each other at 30mph and see who survives, your 1500 lb japanese tin can or my 3500 lb teutonic beast.
lol, is your preferred method of negotiation to bash the other person over the head with a rock?!

Still, I totally agree with what he's saying.

Mods: Blacklines | Rear Seat Power Outlets | Rear Fog Lights | Ashtray Garage Door Opener
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2006, 10:04 AM   #26
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: superstock

I ususally don't respond to race threads, but it's slow at work.

I have drive the Eclipse GSX AWD when that puppy just came out - for its time (almost 10 years ago), that thing was seriously fast, faster than the BMWs of its era (bar the M3) in acceleration. It suffered from a serious turbo lag issue and the steering was a little light but the GSX is one fast car.

Your friend drove a manual I gather and probably dropp-clutched to have the revs high. If you had a manual the race should have been much closer, but with the auto you got beaten in the first 50 feet because of the auto box.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2006, 11:00 PM   #27
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
Pure joy!!!!

OOOh I dun really know what to say guys. I like to drive fast, but to me BMW is about it's presence and its appearance. Juz like a lot of you guys mentioned before, we should all just enjoy and have fun with our e90s!! See I used to own a 98' Nissan 240sx and sure I did a SR20DET engine swap and a S14.5 conversion. Man did I spend a fortune on my previous car. That beast had dyno test and it was running at 428.6hp. So why did I give it up? Because I want to move onto a vehicle that just run smooth and has a lots of potential... oh and easier to pick up chicks~~!!!! Now I am driving my AW e90 all the time and never regret a moment about selling my old lady. You see, when I was driving my 240, I knew I had to tune the s**t out of that sucka in order to gain attention and gain power. Now with e90, I have all of it already when I won the car from day 1!!! All I had to do is to give a nice set of shoes to run with, and a nice suit for it to wear when I am rolling in it. So now when I see ppl trying to race my ass, I just let it go guys. The reason is becasue the ones with out the e90s have no idea what they have missed. So enjoy your ride guys, forget the others for realz!!!!! :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

Last edited by yamazaho; 07-16-2006 at 12:44 AM..
Appreciate 0