New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

11-07-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
gmoney
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335 Coupe

Network fax question... (part 2)

Good evening everyone... I just realized that the following post, perhaps should've been placed here.

If you guys can assist me, I would greatly appreciate it

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319537

If it's easier, this is what the above links says (and if I shouldn't put it here, or remove it from the other location, please do so administrators - thank you)

Hey fellow e90posters... I'd like to ask for your expertise and help.

We set up a Toshiba e-studio 455 all in one network device: scanner, copier, and fax machine.

All is well, except one weird situation.

If we scan a document in PDF or tif, we can either save it to a network location or email it just fine.

Now, the device allows a functionality where from any PC we can fax thru it. So if I have a word, pdf, or whatever doc, I can "print" to the fax, and it goes out as a fax.

Well, if I take that scanned PDF, or the TIF and convert it to PDF and I use the fax functionality I just described, then the recipient gets the fax, with only the first portion of the document showing.... the rest of the pages are pitch black.

Now this only happens when faxing a PDF document... I can fax the scanned tif document just fine. And to add confusion to the mix, that same pdf scanned or pdf converted doc that arrives black when faxed from the pc, faxes just fine if I do it directly from the device.

I'm thinking a driver issue.. but I dunno... any suggestions? I thank you in advance for your time.
Appreciate 0