New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-29-2015, 03:12 PM   #45
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
Well - I am 6'3" and reasonably fit....I sure as hell struggled to get in/out of a friends Aventador....just saying.
I agree. It isn't a physical deodorant spending exertion, but you definitely what I describe as manipulate yourself in a calculated manner in and out of the seat. I fucking glide child like in and out of my X5.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2015, 03:32 PM   #46
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
Well - I am 6'3" and reasonably fit....I sure as hell struggled to get in/out of a friends Aventador....just saying.
Interesting about the Aventador! I haven't had any problem's with the Gallardo.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 03:48 PM   #47
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
"problem" is a relative term....you're ass is about 16" from the floor, there's an adjustment to be made when getting in and out of a supercar. I'm assuming you are young by what I perceive in the tone of your posts, but problem isn't the best word to describe the action.
But it is fact that getting in a Gallardo is quite different than getting in an F150 truck, and let me tell you that as a person who's suffered sciatic nerve pain, getting in and out of a car like a Gallardo when I herniated my disc would have meant I'd rather have taken a bullet in the head before lowering or rising out from that seat...I had an STI at the time, I chose to drive around in my ex-wife's Odyssey.

Seems like you already made the decision. Report back in a year, I'd be interested in your honest opinion.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #48
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep

Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake
Quote:
"problem" is a relative term....you're ass is about 16" from the floor, there's an adjustment to be made when getting in and out of a supercar. I'm assuming you are young by what I perceive in the tone of your posts, but problem isn't the best word to describe the action.
But it is fact that getting in a Gallardo is quite different than getting in an F150 truck, and let me tell you that as a person who's suffered sciatic nerve pain, getting in and out of a car like a Gallardo when I herniated my disc would have meant I'd rather have taken a bullet in the head before lowering or rising out from that seat...I had an STI at the time, I chose to drive around in my ex-wife's Odyssey.

Seems like you already made the decision. Report back in a year, I'd be interested in your honest opinion.

Isn't it ALWAYS about the angle of insertion?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2015, 04:15 PM   #49
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

Quote:
No 3./4. car.
Considered as a 2. DD, even they offered me a lease, I would rather buy it, that way less money would be burned.
Speaking for myself, I'm an enthusiast, that's why I own an M3.
That's why I consider an lamborghini.

Reading your comment make's me wonder about your age or physical condition also i have to ask you did you ever sat in the mentioned Lamborghini or driven?
Don't be fooled by hear say!
I tested an gallardo spyder, wich wasn't the right height for me as it is an convertible but the coupé was just perfect.
I had enough head/ leg room, the seat's were very comfortable ( I red they would be awful and give a soar back, wich is not true )
I had the coupé for the whole day and didn't felt anything than a perfect, snug fit to my huge athletic back ( love to do lat's ...)
You didn't get the point. Sport cars are wonderful to drive, not so comfortable to get in and out and to drive it as a DD. You shouldn't be wondering about my age or physical condition since I'm not a candidate to buy a Lambo ($$$$ not enough) and that really very personal. All I'm doing is trying to give my opinion on your question, Why are Lambis so rare?
First it's not a sport car for everybody because of their price and high maintenance cost.
Second a big percentage of people are not as wealthy as you to think that $1.8k monthly payment for a sport car is manageable.
Third, a Lambo is not a comfortable car to have it as a DD. Might be to you but needs are much different
Fourth, paying 1.8k for a two door car to drive it once a month is not the best deal.

Again don't get me wrong. If I had 3 more cars and a bunch of $$$ to throw around, believe me I would not only have a Lambo but some other cars as well. But I still believe the sport cars are a very low porcentage of people in this world and that's why you think they are rare.

What do you mean by "...HEAR say!!!"
And by "I RED they would be awful"?

Last edited by M3Bimmer77; 12-29-2015 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #50
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

^ $1,800 assumes one wants to be out a fair amount of cash to lease this car and drive it 500 miles / mo. for 36 mos. $2,300 - $1,800 = $500 X 36 mos. = $18K. Deduct interest savings from that simplified calculation and you're still looking at $15K+ OOP.

I played along but assumed OP was joking around... Not sure how anyone could compare these economics to an M4 or the vast majority of other cars on the road.
      12-29-2015, 04:30 PM   #51
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bimmer77 View Post
You didn't get the point. Sport cars are wonderful to drive, not so comfortable to get in and out and to drive it as a DD. You shouldn't be wondering about my age or physical condition since I'm not a candidate to buy a Lambo ($$$$ not enough) and that really very personal. All I'm doing is trying to give my opinion on your question, Why are Lambis so rare?
First it's not a sport car for everybody because of their price and high maintenance cost.
Second a big percentage of people are not as wealthy as you to think that $1.8k monthly payment for a sport car is manageable.
Third, a Lambo is not a comfortable car to have it as a DD. Might be to you but needs are much different
Fourth, paying 1.8k for a two door car to drive it once a month is not the best deal.

Again don't get me wrong. If I had 3 more cars and a bunch of $$$ to throw around, believe me I would not only have a Lambo but some other cars as well. But I still believe the sport cars are a very low porcentage of people in this world and that's why you think they are rare.

What do you mean by "...HEAR say!!!"
And by "I RED they would be awful"?
I said DD

and by hear say, I ment most statement's you "hear" on the net are from people that never sat in mentioned lamborghini.
They plain and simple state B.S. Therefor I red "heard" that these Lamborghini's would be awful expensive and hard to get in and out.

My question's adressed to you, still haven't been answered and unless you sat and drove in/ with one, your statement is nothing but hear say.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #52
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
LMAO $2k a month for a lease

Man that is more than my monthly mortgage+taxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
:

exactly

Could I afford one, eh it'd be pushing my budget... and I have better things to do with my money than pay a second mortgage on an object that's going to do nothing but depreciate.
How is your mortgage + taxes in NJ cheaper than $2k/mo? My parents house in NJ is near $2k/mo for just the taxes and my sister's normal size house in an average town is over $1k/mo in taxes.

Anyway, I agree. I was paying more for daycare than I was on my mortgage before my kids started elementary school. Now that I have $2k/mo freed up, I'd rather put it into savings for an early retirement than finance a toy. If you need to finance your toy then you can't afford it.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 04:37 PM   #53
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
^ $1,800 assumes one wants to be out a fair amount of cash to lease this car and drive it 500 miles / mo. for 36 mos. $2,300 - $1,800 = $500 X 36 mos. = $18K. Deduct interest savings from that simplified calculation and you're still looking at $15K+ OOP.

I played along but assumed OP was joking around... Not sure how anyone could compare these economics to an M4 or the vast majority of other cars on the road.
It's a serious and with the mentioned fact's, legit question.
Some of us could easy buy one, with all the maintanance jazz that just come's along with the car.

I got serious with the salesman and shaved off 9k from the lamborghini if I buy it in a certain amount of time.
I wanted 10k but he insisted that 9k is the absolute lowest he can go.
Iam very "special", when it come's to doing business, this guy for example, felt it the second I went into the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 04:39 PM   #54
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixboy View Post
How is your mortgage + taxes in NJ cheaper than $2k/mo? My parents house in NJ is near $2k/mo for just the taxes and my sister's normal size house in an average town is over $1k/mo in taxes.

Anyway, I agree. I was paying more for daycare than I was on my mortgage before my kids started elementary school. Now that I have $2k/mo freed up, I'd rather put it into savings for an early retirement than finance a toy. If you need to finance your toy then you can't afford it.
Yep car finance = death
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 05:08 PM   #55
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I said DD

and by hear say, I ment most statement's you "hear" on the net are from people that never sat in mentioned lamborghini.
They plain and simple state B.S. Therefor I red "heard" that these Lamborghini's would be awful expensive and hard to get in and out.

My question's adressed to you, still haven't been answered and unless you sat and drove in/ with one, your statement is nothing but hear say.
I sat in a Gallardo and felt it was really nice once I was there but getting in and out was a pain specially if it was going to be a DD or even a second car. But if you are Soooo wealthy and have money enough to think that 1.8k monthly is manageable go ahead and buy it and they won't be rare anymore for you. What I don't understand is why didn't you accept the saving of 9k? Bottom line it's just 1k less than what you wanted!!! . Just buy it and have your forum member drive it!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 05:14 PM   #56
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I said DD

I sat in a Gallardo and felt it was really nice once I was there but getting in and out was a pain specially if it was going to be a DD or even a second car. But if you are Soooo wealthy and have money enough to think that 1.8k monthly is manageable go ahead and buy it. What I don't understand is why didn't you accept the saving of 9k? Bottom line it's just 1k less than what you wanted!!! . Just buy it and have your forum member drive it!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 05:19 PM   #57
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bimmer77 View Post
I sat in a Gallardo and felt it was really nice once I was there but getting in and out was a pain specially if it was going to be a DD or even a second car. But if you are Soooo wealthy and have money enough to think that 1.8k monthly is manageable go ahead and buy it and they won't be rare anymore for you. What I don't understand is why didn't you accept the saving of 9k? Bottom line it's just 1k less than what you wanted!!! . Just buy it and have your forum member drive it!!!
Because a No, can be turned in a maybe, an maybe is an door opener for Yes
From 130k a 10k shave off, is for my understanding considered a good deal, 9k is just ok.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 05:27 PM   #58
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Drives: 612 Scaglietti

$70k you could get an Alpha Romeo 4C and get all the stares you're looking for, with the accompany of a harsh ass ride and 100% steering feel.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 05:45 PM   #59
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixboy View Post

I own a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath townhouse. With tax my monthly is $1560
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #60
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep

Quote:
From 130k a 10k shave off, is for my understanding considered a good deal, 9k is just ok.
So just do an ok deal then. 1k is manageable
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 05:51 PM   #61
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
I thought it was $102K?
      12-29-2015, 07:23 PM   #62
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

If I got paid to browse OT like the rest of you fucks and raked in 100k that I HAD to spend on a car I would rather get four 25k cars than one lambo.

As badass as the gallardo is I can guarantee you I would get bored of it. Variety is the spice of life or something. Plus I don't like the attention.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 07:32 PM   #63
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
If I got paid to browse OT like the rest of you fucks and raked in 100k that I HAD to spend on a car I would rather get four 25k cars than one lambo..

Which one are you planning to mod first?

Some people would rather have 2 $50 shirts while some people want 10 $10 shirts.

There's a point in time where quality becomes more important than quantity. Then there is @cangrke70 with his $100 shirt.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #64
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep

Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
If I got paid to browse OT like the rest of you fucks and raked in 100k that I HAD to spend on a car I would rather get four 25k cars than one lambo.

As badass as the gallardo is I can guarantee you I would get bored of it. Variety is the spice of life or something. Plus I don't like the attention.
It is a curse and burden that I carry for the good of all Bimmerpost and mankind.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 08:02 PM   #65
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Which one are you planning to mod first?

Some people would rather have 2 $50 shirts while some people want 10 $10 shirts.

There's a point in time where quality becomes more important than quantity. Then there is @cangrke70 with his $100 shirt.

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 08:08 PM   #66
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Psssst I'm just leaving those there for all yall peasants, please don't think I would personally be caught dead in any of those. These butt cheeks do not sit on anything but the finest Italian leather and that's only when the 7 series is at the dealer.
Appreciate 0