New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-29-2015, 01:02 PM   #23
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
$2k/mo. for a used car out of warranty with high maintenance costs = not a car for at least 99.9% of the population.
LMAO $2k a month for a lease

Man that is more than my monthly mortgage+taxes.
Appreciate 2
      12-29-2015, 01:04 PM   #24
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
No not at all.
Lamborghini offered me 24 month dealer guarantee + 1 year Lamborghini guarantee on top.

For maintance they would drive down to my area and pick up the gallardo with an "neutral" truck, then deliver it the same way.
Presuming anything that breaks is covered by guarantee, what are the expected maintenance costs over the lease term? How many miles allowed during the lease?

My M4 is pretty fully loaded ($91K+ MSRP) and a 15k mile/year lease is still less than 1/2 the $2,300 noted, brand new. They are not at all comparable economics-wise and I think there are a lot of other choices of new cars if one wants to spend $1,500-$2K+/mo. on a lease.
      12-29-2015, 01:11 PM   #25
C5driver
Major
Rep

Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Okay that's an argument, you mentioned different reason's but revealed just one.
Would you be so kind and tell me, why you except the style, didn't choose the lambo route?
An aventator isn't cheaper as an huracan, hence they are differently styled and there is also the allready mentioned gallardo on the market, so what were the other reason's?
It's immaterial to this discussion what my reasons are, other than personal.

The Ford/Chevy argument serves zero purpose other than to demonstrate preference.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2015, 01:16 PM   #26
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F90 / M5

Quote:
So for C5driver and you, it's not the price that keep's you from buying one, correct?
Speaking for myself - it is personal taste and they really don't get a second look around here.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #27
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Presuming anything that breaks is covered by guarantee, what are the expected maintenance costs over the lease term? How many miles allowed during the lease?

My M4 is pretty fully loaded ($91K+ MSRP) and a 15k mile/year lease is still less than 1/2 the $2,300 noted, brand new. They are not at all comparable economics-wise and I think there are a lot of other choices of new cars if one wants to spend $1,500-$2K+/mo. on a lease.
Uuhm didn't asked/ got any info on the expected maintance cost to be honest.
6k mile's/ yr.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #28
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Speaking for myself - it is personal taste and they really don't get a second look around here.
Got it...alot of them around your area!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 01:49 PM   #29
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

I don't know what kind of money you guys have, but 1.8k for a third or fourth car is really not manageable for me. I love Lambos and I think it's a sick car to own but to pay 100k, 150k or even more for a 200k for a 2 passenger car is way to much for me right now.

I guess Lambos owners are either show offs or really enthusiasts people. The first group they will just drive it to be seen. The second group will know what they are driving. I think Lambos are rare because they are expensive and it's not the most comfortable car to get in and out. Thats another story when you are driving the car. They are more of a sport car than a DD. For example, there is no other car more comfortable than a mid SUV or a mini van. Easy to get in and out, easy to drive but it's not a performance car. On the other end there are the Lambos, Ferraris, Lotus and so on that they are more on the sport high performance line. Choose your style and buy what you want and/or need. I love my M3 because a very low percentage of people know what an M3 is. Only real enthusiasts know the car. Low profile!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:02 PM   #30
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep

Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bimmer77
I don't know what kind of money you guys have, but 1.8k for a third or fourth car is really not manageable for me. I love Lambos and I think it's a sick car to own but to pay 100k, 150k or even more for a 200k for a 2 passenger car is way to much for me right now.

I guess Lambos owners are either show offs or really enthusiasts people. The first group they will just drive it to be seen. The second group will know what they are driving. I think Lambos are rare because they are expensive and it's not the most comfortable car to get in and out. Thats another story when you are driving the car. They are more of a sport car than a DD. For example, there is no other car more comfortable than a mid SUV or a mini van. Easy to get in and out, easy to drive but it's not a performance car. On the other end there are the Lambos, Ferraris, Lotus and so on that they are more on the sport high performance line. Choose your style and buy what you want and/or need. I love my M3 because a very low percentage of people know what an M3 is. Only real enthusiasts know the car. Low profile!!!
I think this is a side bar conversation - specifically why Lambos are not practical. To your point - they are a PITA to get into and out of if you are more than 6' tall and cannot dislocate at the waist.

The OP title states 'Why are Lambos so rare'.

I say they are not rare - infact, anyone can walk into a Lambo dealership and purchase one....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #31
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bimmer77 View Post

No 3./4. car.
Considered as a 2. DD, even they offered me a lease, I would rather buy it, that way less money would be burned.
Speaking for myself, I'm an enthusiast, that's why I own an M3.
That's why I consider an lamborghini.

Reading your comment make's me wonder about your age or physical condition also i have to ask you did you ever sat in the mentioned Lamborghini or driven?
Don't be fooled by hear say!
I tested an gallardo spyder, wich wasn't the right height for me as it is an convertible but the coupé was just perfect.
I had enough head/ leg room, the seat's were very comfortable ( I red they would be awful and give a soar back, wich is not true )
I had the coupé for the whole day and didn't felt anything than a perfect, snug fit to my huge athletic back ( love to do lat's ...)
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #32
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
LMAO $2k a month for a lease

Man that is more than my monthly mortgage+taxes.
:

exactly

Could I afford one, eh it'd be pushing my budget... and I have better things to do with my money than pay a second mortgage on an object that's going to do nothing but depreciate.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:08 PM   #33
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
I think this is a side bar conversation - specifically why Lambos are not practical. To your point - they are a PITA to get into and out of if you are more than 6' tall and cannot dislocate at the waist.

I say they are not rare - infact, anyone can walk into a Lambo dealership and purchase one....
6ft 5 inches here!

It's hear say and NOT true that I have to dislicate myself!
Sat in the gallardo and had more leg room, then in my M3 E92 and THAT IS the truth!
The mentioned gallardo coupé wasn't a pain to get in and out.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #34
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
:

exactly

Could I afford one, eh it'd be pushing my budget... and I have better things to do with my money than pay a second mortgage on an object that's going to do nothing but depreciate.
Every car depreciate's, that's the game...
A second mortgage for you is the 1/4 of an monthly food bill for other's.
It's a question for people that can buy/maintain such a car, I understand that not everyone "fit's the bill."
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:25 PM   #35
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Drives: 612 Scaglietti

996 Carrera with an LS swap, no IMSB issues and the growl of a V8.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #36
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 335i cpe

they are rare

because you don't see too many of them
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:29 PM   #37
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
996 Carrera with an LS swap, no IMSB issues and the growl of a V8.
Still no Lambo, Axius... Also could have said: G-powered M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #38
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Drives: F30 320i

who the hell is paying $1800 a month for an M4???? lol not even close, even half of that payment is still a rip off for an M4...
      12-29-2015, 02:36 PM   #39
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
who the hell is paying $1800 a month for an M4???? lol not even close, even half of that payment is still a rip off for an M4...
I sure as hell not paying 1800 lol no where near lol
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #40
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Still no Lambo, Axius... Also could have said: G-powered M3 E92
LS maintenance = none. P car track pack = set. Straight line with a vortech = making boys look like girls.

Lambo is just a flashy toy, like guys with 10'' lifted trucks.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #41
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yaz M3

I could buy a GTR....but then insurance, maintenance, daily life with it, usability....suddenly I realise that maybe it isn't just buying it that's the issue.

The ASPCA or animal shelters are loaded with remorse buyers. People who've never owned a pet(Lamborghini, Ferrari, Lotus) and walked into a petshop and saw this cuddly puppy, kitten, bird, snake, lizard, or because their friend had a new litter.....
Then they take it home, and the fun starts.....it chews your shoes, pisses on your leather couch, meows all night long, needs to be walked 3-4 times day, eats like a full adult male viking, veterinary bills, pet fee from HOA, etc....

Suddenly, oh shit, this thing was cute and all but it wasn't "just" the $900 to buy it, this thing comes with a whole set of responsibilities I didn't consider......
Like you know that feeling when the chick you've banged a couple times says....I think I'm pregnant.....Oh F...k....yeah those spontaneous "considerations" that run through your head....after the fact...

So if you have everything worked out....gas prices, trunk space, insurance, maintenance, parking environment everywhere you go, daily ride, limited usage and maybe a second car.....then congrats on your new Lambo.....yay.
Appreciate 4
      12-29-2015, 02:40 PM   #42
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
I could buy a GTR....but then insurance, maintenance, daily life with it, usability....suddenly I realise that maybe it isn't just buying it that's the issue.

The ASPCA or animal shelters are loaded with remorse buyers. People who've never owned a pet(Lamborghini, Ferrari, Lotus) and walked into a petshop and saw this cuddly puppy, kitten, bird, snake, lizard, or because their friend had a new litter.....
Then they take it home, and the fun starts.....it chews your shoes, pisses on your leather couch, meows all night long, needs to be walked 3-4 times day, eats like a full adult male viking, veterinary bills, pet fee from HOA, etc....

Suddenly, oh shit, this thing was cute and all but it wasn't "just" the $900 to buy it, this thing comes with a whole set of responsibilities I didn't consider......
Like you know that feeling when the chick you've banged a couple times says....I think I'm pregnant.....Oh F...k....yeah those spontaneous "considerations" that run through your head....after the fact...

So if you have everything worked out....gas prices, trunk space, insurance, maintenance, parking environment everywhere you go, daily ride, limited usage and maybe a second car.....then congrats on your new Lambo.....yay.
I approve of this analogy.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:53 PM   #43
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post

Ha,ha,ha that's a cool and good explained statement
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:58 PM   #44
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep

Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post

6ft 5 inches here!

It's hear say and NOT true that I have to dislicate myself!
Sat in the gallardo and had more leg room, then in my M3 E92 and THAT IS the truth!
The mentioned gallardo coupé wasn't a pain to get in and out.
Well - I am 6'3" and reasonably fit....I sure as hell struggled to get in/out of a friends Aventador....just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 1