New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Block all muslims from getting access to the US?
yes 53 45.69%
no 63 54.31%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

12-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #23
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Full strip searches and pat downs for Sara everyday. We got to make sure she's not packing anything.. Can't be too careful these days.
By all means!

Hell that would motivate me to tone up
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #24
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Can't vote like that.

I'm all for keeping potential terrorists out of the country, but this question says to literally close the borders to all muslims.

I don't see that effectively curbing domestic terrorism any more than taking guns from law abiding citizens would curb gun violence.
+1, I say no. I wish to keep terrorists out but can't so it by excluding a religious group. They don't come from one country. Unfortunately I don't have an answer.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #25
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
By all means!

Hell that would motivate me to tone up
oh BS you know you're in shape.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #26
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
oh BS you know you're in shape.
If you include round as a shape
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 12:06 PM   #27
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Can't vote like that.

I'm all for keeping potential terrorists out of the country, but this question says to literally close the borders to all muslims and there are all kinds of people who claim to be muslim. Some do want a fresh start and to assimilate to our culture, some want a fresh start but want to keep their culture, some want a fresh start while changing our culture and some want a fresh start and to destroy our way of life.

But to answer this very simple question about a very complex issue.... I don't see that effectively curbing domestic terrorism any more than taking guns from law abiding citizens would curb gun violence.
I agree we should be giving more guns to educated Americans with no criminal records. If one person had a gun in Cali last week this shit could have been stopped.
      12-09-2015, 12:06 PM   #28
improvius
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2015 X1 X28i

The terrorists want us to be afraid. They see our country as being incompatible with Islam. The worst thing we can do is help their case by banning Muslims. The truth is that you're far more likely to shoot yourself with your own gun than to be killed by a terrorist attack in this country. Don't give in to unreasonable fear.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 12:09 PM   #29
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
I agree we should be giving more guns to educated Americans with no criminal records. If one person had a gun in Cali last week this shit could have been stopped.
I agree. Same thing goes for gun free zones. Those are kill zones.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 12:10 PM   #30
SpacegrayMe90
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2010 e90M3

Donald Trump is an attention hore and his ballot box should be the big green dumpster that sits behind your local fast food restaurant.

Root out all the terror cells, commence some torture once they are found, and I don't mean water boarding. Then line them up permitting they can still stand after the torture and slaughter them like they have done to so many peace abiding citizens around the globe. They are the scum of the earth and should be wiped out like the plague.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 12:11 PM   #31
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
If you include round as a shape
Nothing wrong with a nice round booty.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #32
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I agree. Same thing goes for gun free zones. Those are kill zones.
Like Chicago. It's a gun free zone yet it's plagued by gun violence because obviously criminals care about the law.
Appreciate 3
      12-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #33
Kong Sheng Han
Banned
North Korea
Rep

Drives: Something something racecar

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Yes, get them the hell out of my country. I don't care if they're doctors, lawyers, engineers, scientists, soldiers, blah blah. Kick them out now!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #34
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

I don't believe in kicking out anyone who is here LEGALLY and is law-abiding but I say "fuck no" to the refugees.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #35
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacegrayMe90 View Post
Donald Trump is an attention hore and his ballot box should be the big green dumpster that sits behind your local fast food restaurant.

Root out all the terror cells, commence some torture once they are found, and I don't mean water boarding. Then line them up permitting they can still stand after the torture and slaughter them like they have done to so many peace abiding citizens around the globe. They are the scum of the earth and should be wiped out like the plague.
You cannot destroy a virus only lower its numbers and mutation span. Same with these assholes unfortunately.
      12-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #36
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Drives: 612 Scaglietti

We need to help our own citizens before we should be reaching out to help refugees. I'm not saying they don't deserve help, because they are dealing with very unfortunate circumstances, but we have way to many vets and people that have fought for our country that are living on the streets and not receiving substantial help, that all of this money to fund refugees, could have a drastic impact on own helpless citizens.
Appreciate 4
      12-09-2015, 12:27 PM   #37
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong Sheng Han View Post
Yes, get them the hell out of my country. I don't care if they're doctors, lawyers, engineers, scientists, soldiers, blah blah. Kick them out now!
That wasn't the question.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #38
1LegitM235i
1L
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 Glacier Silver M235i

Unfortunately, when Trump stated what he would do, I don't think he said the right words. His words were directly taken as a multibillionaire racist knee JERK answer instead. What I suggest he should of said, in order to protect the American people, I highly recommend closing Muslim immigration to the U.S. until such time, due to the threat of ISIS. Plus, Trump would come off less threatening to the Muslim community. Regardless, no action was made by his words anyways.
MP Front Splitter//MP CF Short Shifter//MP CF E-brake//MP LSD//Cold Weather package//Driver Assistance package//Oyster Dakota leather//Aluminum Hexagon trim//ECS Tuning Wheel Spacers//AutoPlus Rear Diffuser//HUD//Rexing DashCam//AutoID M Mirror Caps
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #39
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
We need to help our own citizens before we should be reaching out to help refugees. I'm not saying they don't deserve help, because they are dealing with very unfortunate circumstances, but we have way to many vets and people that have fought for our country that are living on the streets and not receiving substantial help, that all of this money to fund refugees, could have a drastic impact on own helpless citizens.
Exactly, if you cant help yourself how can you help others.

Last edited by Sara; 12-09-2015 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #40
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Drives: 335 e93

Sure. Why not.
1. He said until congress has a plan to do something with them, meaning it's temporary, and until it can be done ssfely.
2. It's constitutional. Period. They aren't US citizens . They have no US rights.
3. It'll stop terrorists getting over here. ISIS has already stated they are actively trying to come here and they are using false documents to do it.
4. It's been dine before. Most recently by Jimmy carter to Iranians, which he expelled 50,000 students here on visas.

What's the problem. Sorry PC police. I'm not with you and not willing to risk my life or the lives of friends or family members to be nice to potentially violent extremists.
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #41
improvius
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2015 X1 X28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Sure. Why not.
1. He said until congress has a plan to do something with them, meaning it's temporary, and until it can be done ssfely.
2. It's constitutional. Period. They aren't US citizens . They have no US rights.
3. It'll stop terrorists getting over here. ISIS has already stated they are actively trying to come here and they are using false documents to do it.
4. It's been dine before. Most recently by Jimmy carter to Iranians, which he expelled 50,000 students here on visas.

What's the problem. Sorry PC police. I'm not with you and not willing to risk my life or the lives of friends or family members to be nice to potentially violent extremists.
1. We already have an extremely rigorous process for screening refugees into our country. And in any case, Malik was brought in on a fiance visa by an already-radicalized US citizen. It's doubtful she would have been able to get in and/or accomplish much on her own.
2. That's debatable at best. The establishment clause prevents the government from making laws that give preference to one religion over another. That applies to the government itself, not just to anything that relates only to citizens.
3. What ISIS really wants to do, more so than anything else, is turn this into a war between Muslims and the West. The US banning Muslims would be a big step towards that goal, and would be a tremendous accomplishment for ISIS.
4. Carter ordered a REVIEW of those student visas. We didn't revoke them, we just checked them to make sure they were legit. Some were expelled as a result of that.
Also, that goes back to a dark time in US history in which a lot of citizens and guests of Iranian descent were unfairly persecuted. It's really not a time anyone should be looking at as a model for what should be done now. Quite the opposite, really.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 01:46 PM   #42
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 allows the suspension of immigration to people or a class of people who are potentially subversive to the government or a safety risk. That's what Carter used to round up and deport Iranians in the late 1970's. I understand the law was passed by a. Democrat congress, and signed into law by a democrat president as well. Surely Obama-the-Constitutional-Scholar knows this...
      12-09-2015, 01:46 PM   #43
Kong Sheng Han
Banned
North Korea
Rep

Drives: Something something racecar

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
That wasn't the question.
I was going a step further.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #44
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Sure. Why not.

1. We already have an extremely rigorous process for screening refugees into our country. And in any case, Malik was brought in on a fiance visa by an already-radicalized US citizen. It's doubtful she would have been able to get in and/or accomplish much on her own.
2. That's debatable at best. The establishment clause prevents the government from making laws that give preference to one religion over another. That applies to the government itself, not just to anything that relates only to citizens.
3. What ISIS really wants to do, more so than anything else, is turn this into a war between Muslims and the West. The US banning Muslims would be a big step towards that goal, and would be a tremendous accomplishment for ISIS.
4. Carter ordered a REVIEW of those student visas. We didn't revoke them, we just checked them to make sure they were legit. Some were expelled as a result of that.
Also, that goes back to a dark time in US history in which a lot of citizens and guests of Iranian descent were unfairly persecuted. It's really not a time anyone should be looking at as a model for what should be done now. Quite the opposite, really.
It IS a was between those Muslims and the west - what else would it be?

Carter put a hold on immigration as well. People are asked their religion in immigration documents, as a matter of practice, and always have been required to declare it.