New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Yesterday, 09:10 PM   #1
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Hertz loses a customer

Tl;dr

guy who rents too many cars from Hertz returns Tesla full of electrons but got charged a $277 gas fee despite paying for Skip the Pump by accident, Hertz not refunding gas charge

https://www.thedrive.com/news/hertz-...wont-back-down
Appreciate 1
      Today, 12:35 AM   #2
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Better than the cases where they tried to have customers arrested that "stole" cars that were turned in and similar. One time I rented from them and they screwed it up and had no record of me even having the vehicle, I never got charged. I could have sold it on the black market and they wouldn't have even known. The last straw was so many "reservations" where they are completely out of cars.
      Today, 01:17 AM   #3
07ImolaRot
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 Z4M, 05 M3, 13 M3

Thats why the company is called Hurtz
Appreciate 2
NickyC17589.00
      Today, 08:27 AM   #4
ppointer
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: '01 Z3M, '12 335is, '22 540i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i  [5.25]
2012 BMW 335is  [5.00]
2008 Infiniti QX56  [0.00]
1967 Chevrolet Corv ...  [10.00]
2001 M Roadster  [10.00]
2022 BMW 540i  [0.75]
2009 528i  [9.50]
The whole rental car industry is in shambles. They can thank Uber, Lyft, and Turvo, not to mention their own poor customer service.

Last summer I tried to rent in Minneapolis, yet Hertz had nothing available months in advance except for Tesla. Instead, I was able to rent an A4 from the Audi dealership that is just a few blocks from the MSP airport.

I was a Hertz Presidents Club member for more than a decade. They lost me.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:05 AM   #5
BlkGS
Major
Rep

Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
The other tissue with the rental companies is they sold a.ton of Inventory during covid for profit, and then bought EVs to make up for it to boost their ESG scores. Places like Turo that are allowing real fly by night places to rent cars of questionable history and quality doesn't help. I know a guy who runs a Turo, he buys wrecked cars, has them cobbled together good enough, then rents them to tourists. I wouldn't drove one of the cars, but people paying $30 a day to rent an Altima don't care if they have airbags I guess.

Anyways, yeah, this guy got shafted. They're basically like "yeah it's fucked up and wrong but we don't want to fix it".
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1312.00
      Today, 09:08 AM   #6
ekinnee
Rep

Drives: 2021 M440xi Coupe, 2023 330i

Pump like 20 gallons into the floorboards.
Appreciate 1
SteVTEC244.50
      Today, 04:06 PM   #7
SteVTEC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '11 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppointer View Post
The whole rental car industry is in shambles. They can thank Uber, Lyft, and Turvo, not to mention their own poor customer service.

Last summer I tried to rent in Minneapolis, yet Hertz had nothing available months in advance except for Tesla. Instead, I was able to rent an A4 from the Audi dealership that is just a few blocks from the MSP airport.

I was a Hertz Presidents Club member for more than a decade. They lost me.
That Hertz desk in MSP is literally the worst.

Last my wife and I were there, we were renting from them, and our reserved car wasn't available on time and they just had us sitting and said it could be 4 hours. Didn't offer a free upgrade or any upgrade at all to other cars they had sitting and available. Literally we just flew in for the day to visit a friend who had terminal cancer, so I paid out of my own pocket for an upgrade to a car they had right now. To make it even worse, the sleaze bag woman behind the counter forged my signature and signed off on all of the extra insurance garbage for me, inflating the total by over a hundred dollars. Literally I NEVER do that, and never even saw the decline screen for any of it, because she had forged it!!!!! I disputed it, but they were like "well you signed for it".

Will never ever rent from them again. They are pure sh*t.
      Today, 04:54 PM   #8
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Yes

I've rented a car from Hertz probably 5-6 times. I've never once had a negative experience.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:39 PM   #9
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
I've rented a car from Hertz probably 5-6 times. I've never once had a negative experience.
Me neither. That being said 2 rentals were this year, but before that it's been a while. Still the last 2 were great and no issues that I can recall in years past. Also waaay cheaper than Turo after you include all the fees Turo charges.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:39 PM   #10
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Better than the cases where they tried to have customers arrested that "stole" cars that were turned in and similar. One time I rented from them and they screwed it up and had no record of me even having the vehicle, I never got charged. I could have sold it on the black market and they wouldn't have even known. The last straw was so many "reservations" where they are completely out of cars.

$277 is nothing compared to finding out you have a felony warrant for your arrest. I see they settled for $168M but the stories are so outrageous, spending a month or more in jail due to a rental car screw up by Hertz.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/06/11409...ars-settlement

This Marine vet was arrested 3 years after renting a car: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-...ng-rental-car/
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:14 PM   #11
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
The other tissue with the rental companies is they sold a.ton of Inventory during covid for profit, and then bought EVs to make up for it to boost their ESG scores. Places like Turo that are allowing real fly by night places to rent cars of questionable history and quality doesn't help. I know a guy who runs a Turo, he buys wrecked cars, has them cobbled together good enough, then rents them to tourists. I wouldn't drove one of the cars, but people paying $30 a day to rent an Altima don't care if they have airbags I guess.

Anyways, yeah, this guy got shafted. They're basically like "yeah it's fucked up and wrong but we don't want to fix it".
Airbags gone? Only a matter of time before a renter gets into an accident & sues the life out of that clown.

Do the right thing & report him
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 0