New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-19-2022, 04:42 PM   #13201
Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
958
Rep
639
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Out and about

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Snow Squall today. Got it washed and took this one quick
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create easy times. Easy times create weak men. Weak men create hard times."
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 06:59 PM   #13202
Terry989
Second Lieutenant
498
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 X1 xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, Ca

iTrader: (0)

It was windy today, so this little one took shelter in a Lemon tree in our backyard.
_
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 3
Itsed652427.00
Lady Jane36382.00
Buug95910126.00
      02-22-2022, 09:33 PM   #13203
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry989 View Post
It was windy today, so this little one took shelter in a Lemon tree in our backyard.
_
Nice! About another two months before our hummers show up back here, but I will be putting up even more feeders this year. I also got a new lens that has closer minimum focusing than my 200-600.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 09:35 PM   #13204
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

I did catch this guy on my way to the camera store this morning.

Eagle at Sherman Lakes by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 5
M_Six9989.50
Terry989498.00
Weebl93.00
Lady Jane36382.00
///d856.50
      02-22-2022, 11:48 PM   #13205
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
evil-G-nius's Avatar
United_States
1667
Rep
224
Posts

 
Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: PSL Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
Nice! About another two months before our hummers show up back here, but I will be putting up even more feeders this year. I also got a new lens that has closer minimum focusing than my 200-600.
Ours have stayed here. We have about 10 or so that stay around the property...2 feeders keeps us with a lot of them hangin here at our place
Appreciate 1
Itsed652427.00
      02-23-2022, 09:31 AM   #13206
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

Spoiled California cat learning to live with Maine winter

Carl Likes His Heat by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 5
flybigjet4272.50
Terry989498.00
M_Six9989.50
Lady Jane36382.00
      02-23-2022, 09:55 AM   #13207
///MPhatic
The Seeker
///MPhatic's Avatar
United_States
5049
Rep
1,115
Posts

 
Drives: M2
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Wet.
FI-R.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 4
Itsed652427.00
Terry989498.00
ggunn9140.50
      02-23-2022, 08:04 PM   #13208
Terry989
Second Lieutenant
498
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 X1 xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
Nice! About another two months before our hummers show up back here, but I will be putting up even more feeders this year. I also got a new lens that has closer minimum focusing than my 200-600.
What lens did you get? The 600-200 works much better on the A1 than the the A7R4, but minimum focus distance could definitely be improved upon
making it better for smaller birds, animals and insects. I'm mostly set on lens's right now, but as my retirement comes up next spring I'll likely treat myself to a 600 f4.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 08:57 AM   #13209
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry989 View Post
What lens did you get? The 600-200 works much better on the A1 than the the A7R4, but minimum focus distance could definitely be improved upon
making it better for smaller birds, animals and insects. I'm mostly set on lens's right now, but as my retirement comes up next spring I'll likely treat myself to a 600 f4.
I am already retired, so the 600 f4 is not currently on my horizon unless I inherit something or go back to work

Well, you now how these things go...I went to the store intending to buy one lens and came home with two

I first bought the Tamron 70-180mm f2.8 to use for my close bird feeders. After looking at some of last years shots there were plenty in the 200mm range for it to be useful. At half the cost of the Sony 70-200 version, the 20mm difference is not important to me, especially as I will probably leave this glass on my A7R4. At 61mp you can crop pretty generously.

Then I made the mistake of glancing in the used cabinet, and saw a Sony 135 f1.8 GM. According to Roger Cicala over at Lensrentals it is the sharpest lens they have ever tested. It was a good price and the lens looked brand new, so I took that one home with me too.

Again using the crop, I will have an effective 200mm prime fov @24 mp, so I am looking forward to using this one. Also I just joined the local botanical gardens so I will be able to get in for photographers hours this spring and summer and this lens should be great for flowers, funghi etc...

Last edited by Itsed65; 02-24-2022 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 08:59 AM   #13210
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

It was in the 60s yesterday, and with the melting ice, out came the baldies in force. I saw 7 different eagles driving home from lunch!

Bald Eagle by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 4
M_Six9989.50
Terry989498.00
JJ 911SC10261.00
Lady Jane36382.00
      02-24-2022, 06:39 PM   #13211
Terry989
Second Lieutenant
498
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 X1 xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
I am already retired, so the 600 f4 is not currently on my horizon unless I inherit something or go back to work

Well, you now how these things go...I went to the store intending to buy one lens and came home with two

I first bought the Tamron 70-180mm f2.8 to use for my close bird feeders. After looking at some of last years shots there were plenty in the 200mm range for it to be useful. At half the cost of the Sony 70-200 version, the 20mm difference is not important to me, especially as I will probably leave this glass on my A7R4. At 61mp you can crop pretty generously.

Then I made the mistake of glancing in the used cabinet, and saw a Sony 135 f1.8 GM. According to Roger Cicala over at Lensrentals it is the sharpest lens they have ever tested. It was a good price and the lens looked brand new, so I took that one home with me too.

Again using the crop, I will have an effective 200mm prime fov @24 mp, so I am looking forward to using this one. Also I just joined the local botanical gardens so I will be able to get in for photographers hours this spring and summer and this lens should be great for flowers, funghi etc...
Both of those are really nice lenses. The GM 135 is a killer lens that is sharp from f/1.8, with quick and accurate focus, and I nice rendering. Enjoy.
Appreciate 1
Itsed652427.00
      02-24-2022, 07:46 PM   #13212
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

Right over the bridge in our downtown.

Black and White Eagle by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 5
Terry989498.00
flybigjet4272.50
Lady Jane36382.00
M_Six9989.50
///d856.50
      02-28-2022, 08:58 AM   #13213
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

A little soft as I shot it through my sunroom window (it was about 12f outside). Our yard was descended upon by hundreds of robins the other morning. First "little birds" I have seen here since October. Spring is coming.

Robin in the Spruce by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 3
Terry989498.00
M_Six9989.50
Lady Jane36382.00
      02-28-2022, 10:33 AM   #13214
Terry989
Second Lieutenant
498
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 X1 xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
A little soft as I shot it through my sunroom window (it was about 12f outside). Our yard was descended upon by hundreds of robins the other morning. First "little birds" I have seen here since October. Spring is coming.
I noticed a number of robins at Don Edwards a few weeks ago along with a flock of cedar waxwings. Here is another indicator for spring that I use.
-
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
Itsed652427.00
Lady Jane36382.00
      03-01-2022, 07:49 AM   #13215
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

Love those poppies!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 07:58 AM   #13216
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
9990
Rep
7,106
Posts

 
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
Right over the bridge in our downtown.
Stunning image, Ed.

Were you purposely shooting from the bridge or was this a fly-by/drive-by?
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 09:36 AM   #13217
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Stunning image, Ed.

Were you purposely shooting from the bridge or was this a fly-by/drive-by?
Just lucky. I was driving into town when I saw the eagle. I quickly pulled into a parking lot where I was able to fire off a bunch of shots. Even though a few power lines got in the way, I was able to snag quite a few keepers. These days I rarely go out without the camera in the car as you never know when opportunity will knock
Appreciate 1
M_Six9989.50
      03-01-2022, 09:52 AM   #13218
Kowalski2011
Enlisted Member
Kowalski2011's Avatar
United_States
471
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: '11 135i / '11 E93 M3 / '01 Z3
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [7.00]
Amateur snap shot
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 5
M_Six9989.50
Itsed652427.00
Buug95910126.00
Terry989498.00
Lady Jane36382.00
      03-03-2022, 10:36 AM   #13219
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

Playing with the Tamron 70-180

After Late Winter Snow by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 2
M_Six9989.50
Terry989498.00
      03-05-2022, 09:17 AM   #13220
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

Caught this guy hunting over river ice yesterday

Bald Eagle by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 4
M_Six9989.50
Buug95910126.00
Terry989498.00
Lady Jane36382.00
      03-06-2022, 10:51 AM   #13221
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
2427
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midcoast Maine

iTrader: (0)

First time I have ever seen a mink in the wild.

Mink by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 4
M_Six9989.50
Terry989498.00
Lady Jane36382.00
      03-06-2022, 03:50 PM   #13222
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
9990
Rep
7,106
Posts

 
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Sweet. I saw one cross my path when I was out riding this past fall. Just like the one above. He (or she) came up from a stream bed and crossed the road, then scampered back down to the stream bed. First one I'd ever seen as well.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
Itsed652427.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST