New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #45
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I believe there is more sound deadening in the Audi so this might explain why it's not quite as vocal as the M3, also the two engines though similar in concept and execution have different noises, part the engine, part the intake and partly the exhaust.

Now back to the topic.

Some here view the EVO review as proof positive that the RS5 isn't as good as the M3, while I am a great fan of both the magazine and Chris, I and you also have to remember that all the other reviews have given praise beyond almost any Audi with the possible exception being the R8, but given it's format and layout I think everyone can rule out that this car will be a walk over for the M3, even in elements like involvement and entertainment.

Next, some here still believe it will not be quicker than the M3 in acceleration. Chances are that it will out accelerate an M3 from a stand still, especially so on the public roads but from a rolling start it is sure to be close and though the M3 M-DCT might have the edge (I say questionable) the gap at best will be a few feet and certainly not car lengths. As the handling, well sorry guys but according to everything I have heard I think you will be surprised at the rate this thing takes corners and no the M3 can't do the same, at least not at the same speed.

One thing I will say in favour of the M3 is that to get these improvement Audi has brought a lot more technology to bare compared to that of the M3 which has good old fashioned balance, but the same could be true of the GT3 and no one seems to complain about it.
+1 on every point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMAN View Post
Chris Harris is bias because he owns an M3
No.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #46
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:

silly boy!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #47
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Which video can't you see?

Anyhow here is direct links to both just in case.

I like what he says at 0:48....
for those do not speak German....he says:
..."going into a corner at high speeds feels like im getting a louseville slugger pushed up my backside.....and exiting out of the apex, it is being pulled out really really fast".....
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #48
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
I don't believe he is bias towards BMW in particular, it's just that being a rather gifted driver who can explore a rwd chassis better than most. The only thing I would say on the subject is that I reckon his opinion will probably change when he retests it back in the UK and against the competition.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #49
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
I don't believe he is bias towards BMW in particular, it's just that being a rather gifted driver who can explore a rwd chassis better than most. The only thing I would say on the subject is that I reckon his opinion will probably change when he retests it back in the UK and against the competition.
Definitely. A comparo would highlight the cars' weaknesses better than any solo road test. With cars this evenly matched it's almost necessary.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 04:30 AM   #50
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Some additional videos to wet the appetite.

[u2b]K_zHqTqlChw&feature=related[/u2b]

And as a bonus here's a stint on the roads close to the circuit.

[u2b]2J-R0PKAEe4&feature=related[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #51
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Lola

Garage List
Thats such a beautiful car. Cannot wait for military car sales pricing.
      04-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #52
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Love the sound
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #53
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Some additional videos to wet the appetite.

[u2b]K_zHqTqlChw&feature=related[/u2b]

And as a bonus here's a stint on the roads close to the circuit.

[u2b]2J-R0PKAEe4&feature=related[/u2b]
the two vids were cool.....but sure was slow around the track....I guess they were noobs or somethin. But the third video..the driver is a douchebag. racing around on a mountain road is one thing but damn...he made some very stupid passes...lucky he didnt kill himself...and others!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #54
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
the two vids were cool.....but sure was slow around the track....I guess they were noobs or somethin. But the third video..the driver is a douchebag. racing around on a mountain road is one thing but damn...he made some very stupid passes...lucky he didnt kill himself...and others!
You are probably right, this car is extremely slow on the track.

Though I can't recommend driving at speed on the road I don't agree that he took much risks, plus we are talking about a motoring journalist and all these guys are skilled drivers with years of experience driving quickly and in hi-performance machines.

Anyway the whole objective of these videos are to show off it's sound and turn of speed, both of which are very appealing.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #55
peanutgallery
Rep

Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
Interesting read, the RS5 seems like the jack of all trades but specializes in none. I'm sure it is a fun car, but from what I read, not worth the pricetag.
this coming from a 1 series owner... the lowest of the low
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #56
Epik
Awesome & Likes Cookies
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 M5

Not really beautiful in my eyes.

The whole A5/S5 line was interesting at first but already seems clumsy and awkward. Definitely won't last as long as the current M3 design imo.

Not impressed with this car at all. "Hi guys, I paid $100k for a nice interior! It's like the S-line you can get in a $35k Audi... hey wait a minute."

I'll have an R8 instead, thank you.
      04-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #57
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik View Post
Not really beautiful in my eyes.

The whole A5/S5 line was interesting at first but already seems clumsy and awkward. Definitely won't last as long as the current M3 design imo.

Not impressed with this car at all. "Hi guys, I paid $100k for a nice interior! It's like the S-line you can get in a $35k Audi... hey wait a minute."

I'll have an R8 instead, thank you.
What a lame argument, "the interior is the same as the S-Line".

Please explain how the inside of the M3 is remarkably different to that of the rest of the 3 series range?

Also how can you say it's exterior design won't last the course or isn't an distinctive as a 3 series?

Both these are opinions and nothing else. I've spent enough time in the business to know that both brands have a very strong design language that are admired long after the models have ceased production.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #58
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
this is probably the only audi i like.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #59
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Thats such a beautiful car. Cannot wait for military car sales pricing.
Audi deals are pretty weak for the most part, I wanted S4 and I told the guy $40 K...he said no. So I got a M3.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #60
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:

Please explain how the inside of the M3 is remarkably different to that of the rest of the 3 series range?

Also how can you say it's exterior design won't last the course or isn't an distinctive as a 3 series?

Both these are opinions and nothing else.
It really is getting kinda boring reading these same posts over and over again. Worded differently but ultimately the same. Plus the whole 100k pricetag is getting lame. Wait till the car comes to North America with an official pricing before throw out assumptions.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #61
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Both these are opinions and nothing else. I've spent enough time in the business to know that both brands have a very strong design language that are admired long after the models have ceased production.
can you not refrain from jumping all over someone who's opinions differ from yours....for fuck sakes Footie, do you have Audi tattooed on ur dick??!!!!

it's his opinion...not an argument!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #62
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
It really is getting kinda boring reading these same posts over and over again. Worded differently but ultimately the same. Plus the whole 100k pricetag is getting lame. Wait till the car comes to North America with an official pricing before throw out assumptions.
Sir this is M3 board so of course people are going to be biased, there is no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Silly Canadians
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #63
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Audi has hired over 200 employees world wide who's primary responsibility is to spend their entire shift on Twitter, facebook and forums. it is a new initiative they started 6 months ago called "ASNSP": Audi Social Networking Strategic Plan....primary objective...slam the competition...praise the mother ship.
they had to spend 18 weeks in training to learn all technical aspects of their full line and its competition. When they pass a two hour exam....they work from home 10hrs a day....4 days a week.....NICE GIG!!!
and FOOTIE is king of this division!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #64
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
can you not refrain from jumping all over someone who's opinions differ from yours....for fuck sakes Footie, do you have Audi tattooed on ur dick??!!!!

it's his opinion...not an argument!
When making a statement without using the words "in my opinion" or "IMO" they come across as if you are stating something as a fact, that was why I posted a reply. Secondly the second paragraph didn't jump down his throat, it explained why my comments were just.

And finally your constant remarks of ill taste using words like "my dick" are offensive and you should be picked up on this. Also an Audi spy, are you serious? Have you even bothered to read my comments else where on this forum, named my defense of the M1 and comments on the 5 series. It's not I that is a fanboy but yourself, on any other forum everyone would see this fact but on here your one sidedness is viewed as a good little soilder.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 04:36 AM   #65
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
http://www.audi-quattro-highlights.com/

Might help explain some of the technology at work in the new RS5
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #66
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
When making a statement without using the words "in my opinion" or "IMO" they come across as if you are stating something as a fact, that was why I posted a reply. Secondly the second paragraph didn't jump down his throat, it explained why my comments were just.

And finally your constant remarks of ill taste using words like "my dick" are offensive and you should be picked up on this. Also an Audi spy, are you serious? Have you even bothered to read my comments else where on this forum, named my defense of the M1 and comments on the 5 series. It's not I that is a fanboy but yourself, on any other forum everyone would see this fact but on here your one sidedness is viewed as a good little soilder.
come on Footie...follow along...he did say IMO...which stands for : "in my opinion".
I also did not state you were an Audi spy....spies are secretive...and mate are far from from secretive!...you aint fooling anyone on this board....we ALL know your an employee of Audi...its rather obvious....you have over 40 threads that you started...ALL OF WHICH ARE AUDI THREADS!!.....
oh ya....Footie is no Audi fanboi.....
Appreciate 0