New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
etmpzeb
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW E91 318i 2007

NewB

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I recently bought a 2007 E91 318i, with iDrive, the panorama roof etc. - and I am loving it.

I do have some questions - I'd really appreciate your answers / comments:
- the car has this feature that the exterior mirrors can be 'folded' to the side of the car. But if I do this and 'unfold' them again, the driver's side mirror does not revert exactly to the original position (it is always a little bit off). Very annoying, I have to manually adjust it every time. Do I need the dealer to have a look at this, or is there some trick for this?
- when trying to eject the navigation DVD, the display says that the DVD is blocked. Probably a security feature, to make sure the DVD does not get stolen by employees or alike. Can I unlock the DVD myself, or do I need the dealer?
- I have seen some threads on updating/upgrading iDrive. Can the SW be upgraded without intervention of the dealer? If so, is there a good how-to somewhere?

Thanks for the info. Again, it is appreciated.
Appreciate 0