New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #23
Norcal_335i
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

I would have gunned both of you down for looking at my car...JOKING
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #24
BrunoT
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2012 F-150

City people don't realize it, but someone who isn't used to crowding in like rats might tend to wonder why people are standing next to his nice car, staring and pointing at it. City people ignore this sort of thing, for if they didn't, they'd go insane due to the close proximity that life forces on you. When I moved to the country, I noticed that my tolerance for people walking or standing right up close when they didn't have to went way down. There's more space, so if someone isn't using it, it makes one suspicious. My wife will turn around and say something when some moron walks up and breathes on her neck while standing in the grocery line. They're just clueless, used to being in crowds.

Two weeks ago I was in a burger king parking lot near the mall(where criminal stuff does go down) so my wife could go take a leak. It's 10am, no customers, the lot is otherwise completely empty. suddenly a white pickup pulls into the empty lot RIGHT BEHIND ME rather briskly , and does so at a strange 45 degree angle. At the same time another white pickup pulls up in front of me, broadside to my car, almost as if they're boxing me in. What are the odds that two white pickups show up and pull within 10' of the front and rear of my car, right? My first thought is.....carjacking, great, and I open the glovebox with the "anti-carjacking device" inside, just in case. w/o any fanfare I turn the wheel and squeeze out of my spot past the second truck and u-turn to wait on the wife, eyeball the guy behind me, and see what they do. in reaction. Turns out the guy behind me just wanted the closest spot to the door, as he goes inside immediately, and then I notice that one spot behind me happened to be painted at an angle to the row I was in for some strange reason. All the others were not. The other truck was just a nitwit who chose that spot 10' in front of me to dig for something on the floorboard I guess, even though he could have done so 50' away with plenty of room to spare. My point is they were clueless as to how it looked, and that I was paranoid because I'm not used to that kind of thing. Empty lot with 50 spaces free, do NOT pull in behind someone in a nice car w/ your beater truck.
Appreciate 0