New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

03-19-2015, 09:02 AM   #133
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep

Drives: Between BMWs

BMW BLOG is reporting that the potential X2 is being replaced with this (the XCite).
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #134
ChrisM135i
Verd1chtete 1ntensität
Germany
Rep

Drives: BMW 135i E82

Garage List
2008 135i E82  [0.00]
Quote:
XCite will be available with three- and four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines and with six-speed manual or automatic transmissions. Xcite will also be offered with eDrive plug-in Hybrid
SCOTT26: Can you indicate if the eDrive plug-in Hybrid is planned at a later stage after the Xcite has been introduced or does it become available at the same time (model year) when the Xcite is launched? Will the eDrive version also feature xDrive?

I like the concept and the eDrive with xDrive might fit perfectly as addition to my 135i in a few years

BMW 135i E82 - 6 MT - ///M-Sport - M 261 - Black Saphir - Xenon - PDC - NaviProf - BMW Online - BMW Assist - HiFi Sound System
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #135
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbuff View Post
BMW BLOG is reporting that the potential X2 is being replaced with this (the XCite).
Actually they are not because they are both in a different segment.
The X-Cite is small if I was to include an impression I would say it is like the forthcoming MINI Clubman but with more solidity and a cross between A hatch and a Touring. It is smaller than the X1 as the engineering schematics show.About the size of the current MINI Countryman.
An X2 can still continue to exist because it is slightly larger and is more of the typical Sport Activity Coupe outline.

A plug-in Hybrid is expected of both X-Cite and X1.