New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Creative ideas for dealing with noisy neighbors?

So here's the rundown: The family next door lives in a sub 1000sqft 2 bed apartment with 3 toddlers ranging from 2-5 years old (estimate). These people just moved from upstairs two weeks ago due to complaints by other residents. Now, my gf and I have to deal with the noise. After only a week of living on this level, my gf was the third person to complain about the noise.

I am convinced that these children are spawn of satan whom he could not handle himself, so they were given up for adoption. From roughly 645AM-9PM every single flippin' day, you will hear non-stop screaming, crying, stomping, yelling...from both the children and parents.

Our property manager is aware of the situation, and said that this is a "temporary" move for these people...aside from complaining to the manager, everyone has attempted to talk to the parents about the noise. They seem to not care at all about disturbing everyone else.

So, my fellow e90posters, do any of you have any creative ways to handle the situation? So far, the only suggestion I got was from my dad, who said to invest in a fog horn and blare it directly at the wall everytime they get loud. haha
      02-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Feyd
Major
Rep

Drives: a DEEZZULL

I hate this.

We recently moved to Chicago from LA and since the move was so sudden we didn't have a chance to feasibly look for home when we got here. Long story short we signed a short term lease at an "upscale" apartment complex downtown to wait it out until spring to start house hunting.

I thought that since I was paying a premium to live in a nice place I would somehow be magically transported to a place where there weren't noisy inconsiderate neighbors. I was wrong.

We had a guy that would listen to techno-music (not even anything cool, just the same track over and over and over and over again). He would start every night at about 10 and it would go on until 5-6am EVERY FUCKING DAY.

I complained to the management about it.... My wife talked to him one day when I was out of town on business, etc., etc.

One night he was bumping away at about 2:30AM and my wife woke me up (I was soundly sleeping) to inform me that she couldn't sleep. Next thing I know I couldn't get back to sleep...

I sat up on my knees on the bed and hit the wall repeatedly with both of my arms (fist and forearm) at the same time for at least 60 seconds straight (music stopped after about 15-20sec). Hit hard enough that I heard shit fall off the wall in his living room (it shares the wall with our bedroom) and to leave a crack from the ceiling to the bed in our apartment.

I haven't heard so much as a peep in 4 months.

Now, if I only knew what to do about the huge crack in the drywall, I'd be set... LOL

I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but I can't fucking stand selfishness. There is nothing that will take me from zero-to-kicking your ass faster than acting like a 10 year old when you're 30.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
      02-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Cosmop
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2009 E90 335i

I had the same problem with a Bed and Breakfast that did weddings on the weekends. They hired off duty cops so there was no way calling the cops would work. I figured out the only way to shut them down was to get the cops in trouble

Fight fire with fire

FIRECRACKERS in the alley.
two months later the bed and breakfast moved

Neighbors Against Kilworth Manor

BOOM BOOM

Last edited by Cosmop; 02-01-2010 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Chevy Aveo

setup a speaker covertly outside and just loop this over and over: http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/tones/17000.mp3
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I expected quiet living within reason (i.e. quiet neighbors), considering I pay a premium price for this western style loft in downtown sac. I think the only place I could slip some firecrackers would be onto their balcony, which I can reach if I stand on my balcony, haha.
      02-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #7
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
setup a speaker covertly outside and just loop this over and over: http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/tones/17000.mp3
hahaha, I'm liking this idea.
      02-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
I live in a student complex and the neighbors are the worst. I have some wannabe redneck who lives across the hall and thinks its cool to leave his front door open while blaring music. He also invites about 20 people over 2-3 times a week. They scream at the top of their lungs in the hallway and walk up and down the stairs as if they have lead weights attached to their feet. Haven't figured out how to deal with him yet.

But there is a couple underneath me who always is yelling at their damn dog. I constantly hear "no, no, no!" over and over. A few weeks ago they had a party with a bunch of annoying ass screaming girls singing the same god damn Miley Cyrus song 10 billion times. So I fired up the PS3, turned my 1000w surround sound up full volume, and put the sub face down on the floor right above their living room. I muted the TV so it didn't make sound till I was ready. I joined a free for all game of COD:5 and picked the MG42 as my gun. I then unmuted the TV and went at it. After about 5 full minutes of WW2 machine gun vibrations and noise at full blast they turned off their music and shut the hell up.
      02-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I live in a student complex and the neighbors are the worst. I have some wannabe redneck who lives across the hall and thinks its cool to leave his front door open while blaring music. He also invites about 20 people over 2-3 times a week. They scream at the top of their lungs in the hallway and walk up and down the stairs as if they have lead weights attached to their feet. Haven't figured out how to deal with him yet.

But there is a couple underneath me who always is yelling at their damn dog. I constantly hear "no, no, no!" over and over. A few weeks ago they had a party with a bunch of annoying ass screaming girls singing the same god damn Miley Cyrus song 10 billion times. So I fired up the PS3, turned my 1000w surround sound up full volume, and put the sub face down on the floor right above their living room. I muted the TV so it didn't make sound till I was ready. I joined a free for all game of COD:5 and picked the MG42 as my gun. I then unmuted the TV and went at it. After about 5 full minutes of WW2 machine gun vibrations and noise at full blast they turned off their music and shut the hell up.
LOL nice! I actually did something similar once, utilizing my awesome surround sound. I cranked up the volume during the bigass shootout in the movie HEAT...neighbors never played loud music again. I would do something like this here, but I don't want to disturb my other neighbors in doing so, haha.
      02-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #10
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
LOL nice! I actually did something similar once, utilizing my awesome surround sound. I cranked up the volume during the bigass shootout in the movie HEAT...neighbors never played loud music again. I would do something like this here, but I don't want to disturb my other neighbors in doing so, haha.
You know what? Got a great idea. They have little Satan children. Talk to your other neighbors and get a little agreement together. All of you at exactly midnight on the dot can start bombarding your prick neighbors with loud annoying heavy death metal music from all sides. Keep them and their little hell spawns up for hours in the middle of the night. Maybe they'll get the damn idea.
      02-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #11
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: o_0

I play drums. I always have the last laugh.
      02-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #12
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Drives: ///M323 DCT

I never had a problem with noisy neighbors before. Until moving to AZ for school. All was good for the first quarter. Come second quarter I start hearing these odd noises from the apartment below me. Sometimes at noon. Sometimes at 1am on a weeknight when I have classes/tests early the next morning. The noise resembled a small dog being beaten with a broom stick. Finally it got real loud one night and I realized it was the people who lived below me having sex. She just sounds like a seal being clubbed when shes getting railed. So I did some searching and figured out who it was. I confronted her at a bar one night and asked her to keep it down. She was embarrassed and apologized and told me it wouldn't happen again. I get home about an hour later and hear her screaming at the top of her lungs while getting banged. So I put my home theater sub into the built in shelving unit in my room, above their, and let the gangster rap go. I had crap falling off my shelves, shit was falling off the counter and out of the medicine cabinet in my adjacent bathroom. I had a neighbor come over to see what the hell was going on. 20 minutes later I turn it off. Dead silence. I thought I fixed the problem. It happened again the next morning. I turned the music on. The cycle repeated it self for a while. Didn't deter them. So finally I said f -it and whenever I heard them going at it I would start moaning her name and screaming dirty talk. Yeah, that shut her up. For a week.

We have the same classes 3 days a week. I figured I had enough and proceeded to walk up to her while she was in the first row within ear shot of the professor and a ton of other students and asked her how her sex was last night, because I couldn't sleep between her moaning, the spanking, and all the dirty talk screaming that was going on. I've yet to hear a peep out of them after doing this to her in front of about 5 different professors over the course of a few weeks. I'm glad I solved this problem as the sound of her having sex makes me want to vomit, knowing what she looks like.

Unfortunately for her, we are in school. Grad school. A medically oriented grad school getting our doctorates. Our teachers are doctors. Her mentors now think shes a cheap whore. Happy ending to an annoying problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 02:10 AM   #13
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep

Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #14
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
yes, this is best. you'll eradicate both the problem and the evidence.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 02:48 AM   #15
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep

Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

I have had this problem with my neighbors. The house next to mine is being rented to several young Brazilian Males. (The cheezy sterotypes who like to paaarrty) For a while frequently my fiancee and I would be awoken by Techno music blasting outside their house either starting at 6AM and going until 11PM or starting at 2AM and going until noon as well as loud house/pool parties at all hours.

Tried the cops multiple times, in LA though its a hour on hold with non emergency, then 3 hours until the cops answer the call. Tried talking to the tenants, Tried talking then threatening to sue the owner/landlord of the house when he called my fiancee sweety and baby doll to her on the phone (she is a Lawyer with 5 degrees so she was less than thrilled by that). I tired loud music, hell even tried small explosives behind their back fence (M-80's) nothing really worked. The party would just keep going weekend after weekend and even some weekdays.

Then an idea dawned on me that did not involve burning their house down. Stink Bombs.... I went out and purchased those stink bombs that came in the glass tubes, you know the really horrible smelling ones that last for hours when broken open. I also bought some concentrate in a small squeeze bottle. Then the next time, there was a party going on at 2AM. Loud techno, noisy house guests all outside in the back yard driving us nuts as well as our 3 dogs.

So, I got up, got dressed, walked over to their front door and broke one of the stink bombs on their porch. I walked over to their gate of their backyard and repeated. I then took out the concentrate in a squeeze bottle and squirted some inside the house their mail slot on the front door. I quietly walked backed into my backyard and squirted some through the knot holes in the fence and retired back into my house.

Within minutes you could hear everyone gagging and complaining about the smell. They started making fun of the Brazilian Guys who rented the house. It was all we could do listening to all this, and smelling a bit too, to keep from going into hysterical laughter. It got really great as soon as the smell became more pungent, and then they discovered it was inside the house as well, the riot started and it took about 6 months before they partied again, which was put to a rapid hault with another stink assault.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #16
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Listen to the voices...kill the children....
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #17
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
You know what? Got a great idea. They have little Satan children. Talk to your other neighbors and get a little agreement together. All of you at exactly midnight on the dot can start bombarding your prick neighbors with loud annoying heavy death metal music from all sides. Keep them and their little hell spawns up for hours in the middle of the night. Maybe they'll get the damn idea.
I like this idea. Thats what I was going to say. Instead of doing it on your own and getting the other neighbors pissed, get them in on it! Just blast music all at once at the same time, but not the same song. It will be better with different songs coming from different directions. Or download a bunch of "annoying sound" tracks, and blast those. Like have each neighbor blast different car alarm sounds haha. Oh, and make sure to record it so we can see the hilarity ensue
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #18
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 335i e92

If you're just really pissed and just want revenge, put superglue in their locks when they are at work.
      02-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #19
stumpy221
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335xi sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
I am convinced that these children are spawn of satan whom he could not handle himself, so they were given up for adoption. From roughly 645AM-9PM every single flippin' day, you will hear non-stop screaming, crying, stomping, yelling...from both the children and parents.
call cops/child protective services if nothing is wrong nothing will happen. and if there is, you may have just saved the kids
Get out and drive
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #20
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Buy a shotgun.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #21
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
What a surpise, parents that should have been banned from reproducing.

Best of luck to you keeping your patience.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #22
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Wow I have an exact same problem with my neighbor..
They have 3 children and they bring their friends (3~5) over from next block every single day and it's more than a nightmare to deal with their screams/yelling/laughing.
This bitch ass little girls screams on everything everytime, they pitch so high it numbs my ear. And worst part is that their yard is right next to my room and I can't do anything and can't even think about opening the window. It got better once weather became cold and they don't come out as often but damn, in summer times when they have their pool open, I go nuts and want to buy a shotgun and sincerely hunt them down from bottom of my heart.

I talked to my neighbors and they are all fed up with their noise and talked to their parents but still they can't stop annoying us. I thought about calling a cop on their ass but thought it's little harsh for their little lings especially it's a single house environment.

Man I feel you and hope things work out for you.
Appreciate 0