E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > hiding pre-LCI e90 ambers

01-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
ndog14
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi 6MT

hiding pre-LCI e90 ambers

I found these 2 products to hide the ambers in my headlights but not sure which to get. Any recommendations?

http://www.**********s.com/Vitex-Amb...0-3-Series.htm

http://www.stickercity.com/BMW-3-Ser...s%5B10%5D=3685
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
ENGINE er
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 S13 UZJ100 MKV-GTI

i think that looks hokey, amber isnt that bad!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Get the smoked vitex...they look fine...alternative is $$
      01-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
ndog14
Banned
United_States
Rep

I don't like the amber on my car since it is black. Black kidney grills, smoked side markers, blackline taillights. Covering the ambers just makes sense.

I was looking at the Gunsmoke Vitex which are only $65. From sticker city I would get the premium install kit because the other is too much and that cost is really just for the heat gun. I just don't what percent to get from them but definitely not the 35% so either 20% or 15%, but how much can 5% be?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndog14 View Post
I don't like the amber on my car since it is black. Black kidney grills, smoked side markers, blackline taillights. Covering the ambers just makes sense.

I was looking at the Gunsmoke Vitex which are only $65. From sticker city I would get the premium install kit because the other is too much and that cost is really just for the heat gun. I just don't what percent to get from them but definitely not the 35% so either 20% or 15%, but how much can 5% be?
Not sure if I'm misinterpreting your post but I put the vitex product on my car without a heat gun and it looks great. *Obviously the ideal solution is to go buy a set of euro headlights or OSS but those are buku dollars.
      01-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
ndog14
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
Not sure if I'm misinterpreting your post but I put the vitex product on my car without a heat gun and it looks great. *Obviously the ideal solution is to go buy a set of euro headlights or OSS but those are buku dollars.
Ok, it wasn't about installation, it was about choosing one product over the other. I'm not getting new headlights just covering up ambers. I was reading the reviews for the Vitex and there aren't many happy campers for them. How do you rate yours?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndog14 View Post
Ok, it wasn't about installation, it was about choosing one product over the other. I'm not getting new headlights just covering up ambers. I was reading the reviews for the Vitex and there aren't many happy campers for them. How do you rate yours?
Hmmm, on a scale of one to ten I'd give them a 7. *The "fitment" isn't as good as it could be...that is to say, it doesn't cover the amber 100% but it's one of those things that you really only notice if your face is right up against the headlight. *From five feet away they look great imo. *I had to use an x-acto knife to trim the excess off the top when it actually needed a little more on the bottom. *Installation is pretty easy and I think they're a huge improvement over the status quo. * And again, I wasn't willing to pony up the coin for the alternatives. *Hope this helps. *I can see if I have some pics if you're interested as my car is black too.*
      01-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
ndog14
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
Hmmm, on a scale of one to ten I'd give them a 7. *The "fitment" isn't as good as it could be...that is to say, it doesn't cover the amber 100% but it's one of those things that you really only notice if your face is right up against the headlight. *From five feet away they look great imo. *I had to use an x-acto knife to trim the excess off the top when it actually needed a little more on the bottom. *Installation is pretty easy and I think they're a huge improvement over the status quo. * And again, I wasn't willing to pony up the coin for the alternatives. *Hope this helps. *I can see if I have some pics if you're interested as my car is black too.*
Ok. My stealth side markers from bimmian aren't perfect fitment, I had to use you a file on them to make the front and back sit flat by the top is still little out. Only close observation reveals the millimetric gap. Also the right headlight has a scuff mark that won't come out with headlight buffers and other products. Besides no window tint, rims, and angel eyes, covering up these ambers are the last thing on my exterior mod list. If you could send me some pics that would be great, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 01:48 AM   #9
seoulmandmd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Gun smoke Ambergones from **********s. Not perfect but a lot better. From afar looks good. Not cheap for a couple pieces of plastic. Installed 2 yrs ago. Never touched it since.
Appreciate 0