New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-23-2022, 10:28 PM   #1
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Jackson Hole WY in October

I’ll be in Jackson Hole Wyoming in mid-October for 7 days. I’ve never been and was looking to take in some local experience. I like hiking, fly fishing, or anything outdoors, would be willing to drive a few hours if it’s worth it.

Does anyone have suggestions on what to do out there during this time?

I know I will go see Grand Teton & Yellowstone, I think there’s a Redeo there, and Air Tram, ATV rentals. With Teton and Yellowstone are there any must-do’s?

I understand it’s not the best time to be there being well past fall weather but yet not quite ski and winter activities.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 10:37 PM   #2
2000cs
Captain
Rep

Drives: Potato

Was at Yellowstone in late Sept a couple of years ago. Be prepared for snow. We had enough to close the park for a morning, and some roads in the park were closed a couple of days.

I could spend all 7 days between the Tetons and Yellowstone.
Appreciate 1
kring324.00
      08-24-2022, 02:16 PM   #3
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
Was at Yellowstone in late Sept a couple of years ago. Be prepared for snow. We had enough to close the park for a morning, and some roads in the park were closed a couple of days.

I could spend all 7 days between the Tetons and Yellowstone.
I was surprised that on our first trip to Yellowstone we drove over 300 miles... IN THE PARK! That is one big park!
Appreciate 2
2000cs3495.00
kring324.00
      08-24-2022, 07:37 PM   #4
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Never been in Oct. We went once in the summer and once in April and it was pretty fucking cold in April for me. However as other's have said you can spend 7 days at the parks assuming everything is open. I know in April there were still some areas not opened because of snow.

In summer we loved Tetons and saw so many more animals than at Yellowstone, unfortunately Yellowstone was also insanely packed. In April in flipped and we enjoyed and saw way more animals in Yellowstone.

Make sure you make it through the whole park at Yellowstone, it's huge but there's stuff worth seeing in all areas. Tetons we found to be much smaller but I think it's even more beautiful than Yellowstone.

If you don't see any animals (unlikely) and want to cheat there is a pretty cool bear sanctuary in West Yellowstone. They have several bears, wolfs, birds, otters and another stuff.
Appreciate 1
kring324.00