New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

10-03-2021, 11:14 PM   #1
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

San Francisco Giants

The San Francisco Giants won a franchise record 107 games this season. Congratulations, I guess.

Unless you are a deep-pocket fan who wants to spend $65 per month on a regional sport network subscription, you can't watch the games. With COVID, we haven't gone to the stadium.

Up until this year, you could watch SF Giant games on the local channel. I get that commercial-based TV is struggling and will eventually die as we know it. But, paying $65 a month to watch games is not for this retired old fart. I can easily afford to do it. I just won't do it. Feeding the greed of the owners and the players is something I am just not willing to do.

Rant over.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 07:00 AM   #2
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
The San Francisco Giants won a franchise record 107 games this season. Congratulations, I guess.

Unless you are a deep-pocket fan who wants to spend $65 per month on a regional sport network subscription, you can't watch the games. With COVID, we haven't gone to the stadium.

Up until this year, you could watch SF Giant games on the local channel. I get that commercial-based TV is struggling and will eventually die as we know it. But, paying $65 a month to watch games is not for this retired old fart. I can easily afford to do it. I just won't do it. Feeding the greed of the owners and the players is something I am just not willing to do.

Rant over.
http://mlb-streams.tv/

The trick to watching games is to click on the scoreboard on the upper part of the screen and then click on the play button on the 2nd screen below (dark/blank screen). Otherwise you’ll be promoted to sign up to gambling sites.
Appreciate 2
sygazelle11091.00
      10-04-2021, 08:11 AM   #3
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

I've also heard folks suggest uzzu.tv, although I have never tried it. As always, use with caution.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11091.00
      10-04-2021, 10:59 AM   #4
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

ITFDB

Except, if you have FiOS from Frontier. Then you can't even watch the final game against MIL, even if it has palyoff implications. I get a blank screen that says something about local contracts, blah blah blah. But I am not going to switch to Spectrum and their 25MB internet. . .

I saw 2 or 3 Dodgers games in person this year. Playoffs *should* be available.

Other LA teams I can't see:
Lakers
Galaxy (so I switched to LAFC)
Kings
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11091.00
      10-04-2021, 12:14 PM   #5
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
ITFDB

Except, if you have FiOS from Frontier. Then you can't even watch the final game against MIL, even if it has palyoff implications. I get a blank screen that says something about local contracts, blah blah blah. But I am not going to switch to Spectrum and their 25MB internet. . .

I saw 2 or 3 Dodgers games in person this year. Playoffs *should* be available.

Other LA teams I can't see:
Lakers
Galaxy (so I switched to LAFC)
Kings
NBA-streams.tv
NFL-streams.tv

Follow the format on the 2nd post.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 12:46 PM   #6
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
NBA-streams.tv
NFL-streams.tv

Follow the format on the 2nd post.
Are you saying I DON'T want to sign up for gambling sites? I did when I watched Dune
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 05:14 PM   #7
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Are you saying I DON'T want to sign up for gambling sites? I did when I watched Dune
How much you putting down on the Dodgers chances? W/O Kershaw, it’s gonna be tough to face the New York, I mean the San Francisco Giants.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 09:42 PM   #8
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:
How much you putting down on the Dodgers chances? W/O Kershaw, it’s gonna be tough to face the New York, I mean the San Francisco Giants.
We do better withOUT Kershanker this month!
      02-18-2022, 08:26 AM   #9
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
The SF Giants and the NY football Giants get together every July….

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 08:21 PM   #10
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

For the past couple of years I've steered clear of pro sports for the most part. I watch an occasional game but that's about it.

It's a new season and I was about to find a way to watch SF Giant games on TV without paying hugely. I'd love to go to a game once in awhile but its no fun for me if I don't know the players. Watching games on TV helps me get to know the players so I have a reason to care about actually going to a game.

Then today I read this headline: "Giants manager Gabe Kapler says he will skip national anthem going forward". He says it's because he does not like the direction of our country or something like that. I absolutely don't what to get in a political discussion here, but I do have a sports/team question for any of you sports fans out there:

Should a player, or in this case a manager, make a personal protest about anything while playing for or managing a team? My personal answer is hell no. When you are on that team, you represent the team and not yourself personally.

If, in this case, Kapler, wants to take is own time in his street clothes and protest anything at all, I say go for it. But, while representing the San Francisco Giants he is out of bound making any kind of personal statement.

Again, my issue and my question for anyone who cares to answer is about team commitment and what team members should and shouldn't do as a member while representing the team.

I think Kapler is wrong for using his position and uniform to make a personal statement. If I were part of SF Giant ownership, I'd be having a very serious sit-down with him and remind him of his role in the organization.

What do you think? As a team member, should Kapler be allowed to make personal protests while in uniform?
Appreciate 0