New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

02-06-2023, 08:41 AM   #1
Sparky_12
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 2022 M4 Comp xDrive Convertibl

iPad app and pics

I use the app on my iPhone and iPad and notice images on the iPad, when clicked on to enlarge, take a lot of time. Like five seconds sometimes. This doesn’t seem to be the case with the iPhone so was curious if there was a reason or just a bug.

Second question is about the images within the threads. Would be great to see the whole image so I can decide if I want to click to enlarge versus just seeing part of the image - is there a setting I missed or is that expected behavior?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 10:48 AM   #2
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep

Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_12 View Post
I use the app on my iPhone and iPad and notice images on the iPad, when clicked on to enlarge, take a lot of time. Like five seconds sometimes. This doesn’t seem to be the case with the iPhone so was curious if there was a reason or just a bug.

Second question is about the images within the threads. Would be great to see the whole image so I can decide if I want to click to enlarge versus just seeing part of the image - is there a setting I missed or is that expected behavior?
When you open a pic the app tries to download the best quality version for your screen, so on an iPad the resolution is very high so it will be a large picture. Depending on your connection speed that for sure can take some time.

For the second question, our goal is to get full size pics within the threads. Right now we’ve had some technical challenges with this becusee when we do it, it misaligns turn automatic scroll to your last read post. So it’s a work in progress but still a ways off.

Good eye catching both of those things 👍
Patton2502936.50
      02-07-2023, 03:42 PM   #3
Sparky_12
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Awesome - thanks for the reply. I guess solving the second item would, essentially, solve the first - for me, at least, as I’d be able to see the entire image and decide whether to enlarge.

You guys are doing great work. I look forward to future updates.
Appreciate 1
apptest2996.00
      02-17-2023, 10:40 PM   #4
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep

Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_12 View Post
Awesome - thanks for the reply. I guess solving the second item would, essentially, solve the first - for me, at least, as I’d be able to see the entire image and decide whether to enlarge.

You guys are doing great work. I look forward to future updates.
Ok so I had a random epiphany and I got full size pics to work for the most part. There are small instances here and there where they don’t full work, but you may never notice them. Try out version 5.5.7 and see what you think
      02-25-2023, 02:09 PM   #5
Sparky_12
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

I thought I replied to this but must be sitting as a draft. The update works really well and being able to see the whole pic in line is excellent.

Thanks for the responses and keep up the great work.
Appreciate 1
apptest2996.00