Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

09-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #265
ard5040
Captain
Rep

Drives: '09 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post

Looks a little rapey to me
Actually Pump, that is from an instagram post by Don Jr. He has even less class than his father, if that's even possible.

Last edited by ard5040; 09-20-2018 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2018, 11:30 AM   #266
ard5040
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135ii View Post
I live in the North East and know about Cory.. was mayor of Camden, NJ.
Now is in DC trying to make a name for himself. He has a big mouth and an empty head. But your right ..nothing will happen to him.
Cory has always been a grandstander...
And he IS considering a run in 2020 for Prez...

As a side note.. (not passing judgment) Cory is rumored to be Gay. But has yet to identify himself as such.
If you know about Booker you should know that he was the mayor of Newark. Otherwise, I agree with what you posted.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #267
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Great article:

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/20...html#read_more

"Following days of the entire media demanding that the victim (by which they mean the accuser) be allowed to tell her story, it turns out she'd really rather not. Blasey Ford spent an eternity deciding whether to accept the Senate's invitation to testify, finally announcing on Tuesday night that she would appear only after a thorough and complete FBI investigation.

Tell me what an "investigation" of this matter involves. Do agents go door to door in Montgomery County, Maryland asking everyone who went to high school in the early 1980s if they remember going to some kind of party?

Second: IT'S NEVER THE VICTIM WHO NEEDS AN INVESTIGATION! She knows what her story is. It's the accused who wants an investigation to know exactly what he's accused of.

The only reason for the professor to insist upon an "investigation" is to delay having to give her story under oath until she knows what can be proved -- and what can be disproved."
Why is that all you trumpsters don't wish for the truth to come out? What is it you are afraid of? Perhaps there is nothing there and nothing to fear, but it is better to investigate for the truth. If I were Kavenaugh, and absolutely positive it did not happen I'd want an investigation to clear my name.
Let's assume it is true. Now explain to me how the behavior of a 17 yr old inebriated adolescent has any bearing on the character of the 52 yr old adult?

What about a 16, 15, 14 yr old? Science has proven that the male brain doesn't exit adolescence until around age 23.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 12:00 PM   #268
ard5040
Captain
Rep

Quote:
"All you Trumpsters..." lol

Where exactly would you begin with this "investigation?" You have no evidence whatsoever, no actual dates (she said is was around 1982), no location (she can't remember), the only people she thinks she remembers say there was no party and it never happened, and many people who have known him say this would be totally out of character.

Where would you start with this?

Haven't we been through this with Anita Hill, who also had no evidence whatsoever?

Kavanaugh doesn't need an investigation to clear his name, any more than if she said he was kidnapped by space aliens.
You could begin by interviewing the roughly 275 students who were in both of their grades at Georgetown Prep and Holten Arms. Shouldn't take long. And one of her classmates remembers that she heard rumors that Blasey had been molested at the party in question. Let's not forget that both Judge and Smythe say that they will not testify under oath. Judge initially said he wasn't in the room then that he couldn't remember?? I'm not saying Kavanaugh's guilty. if the FBI doesn't uncover anything to corroborate either one of their versions they"ll say so. Grassley and Hatch have already said she's mistaken/don't believe her. It took the FBI THREE days to investigate Hill's accusation. They came up with no evidence either way. You can't delay this hearing for two weeks?? Really? even if the FBI finds ten witnesses to support her claim, we all know that the Republicans are going to confirm him anyway.
Appreciate 2
wdb1657.50

09-20-2018, 12:05 PM   #269
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard5040 View Post
Actually Pump, that is from an instagram post by Don Jr. He has even less class than his father, if that's even possible.
It’s a meme

Psalm 23:1
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #270
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep

Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
If you know about Booker you should know that he was the mayor of Newark. Otherwise, I agree with what you posted.
OK I'm sorry... NEWARK, NJ
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 12:18 PM   #271
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

Her friend the other day.
"It did happen"

Same friend today.
"That it happened or not, I have no idea," Cristina King Miranda told NPR on Thursday. "I can't say that it did or didn't."

Free WTF for everyone!!!
      09-20-2018, 12:52 PM   #272
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
What evidence?

Not being facetious towards you..... but maybe I missed something in all the mixed news.

Oh.... and the guy is still presumed innocent until proven guilty?
He is a guy so yeah he's guilty man
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #273
________
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: _

So much himpathy in this thread it's disgusting.
Appreciate 2
      09-20-2018, 01:08 PM   #274
kyoo
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 M3, Evo 9 MR

innocent until proven guilty is only in a court of law
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 01:16 PM   #275
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep

Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
innocent until proven guilty is only in a court of law
Not in South Africa. It's switched. (lots a crime there, I guess)
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #276
Mizh
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 335i M Sport

Monique Judge got played
Desperate article is desperate

If anything anyone who sees her hand making that symbol should be punched. Thats about it.
      09-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #277
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
https://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/20...ol_19.html?m=1

read that yo!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #278
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
"All you Trumpsters..." lol

Where exactly would you begin with this "investigation?" You have no evidence whatsoever, no actual dates (she said is was around 1982), no location (she can't remember), the only people she thinks she remembers say there was no party and it never happened, and many people who have known him say this would be totally out of character.

Where would you start with this?

Haven't we been through this with Anita Hill, who also had no evidence whatsoever?

Kavanaugh doesn't need an investigation to clear his name, any more than if she said he was kidnapped by space aliens.
You could begin by interviewing the roughly 275 students who were in both of their grades at Georgetown Prep and Holten Arms. Shouldn't take long. And one of her classmates remembers that she heard rumors that Blasey had been molested at the party in question. Let's not forget that both Judge and Smythe say that they will not testify under oath. Judge initially said he wasn't in the room then that he couldn't remember?? I'm not saying Kavanaugh's guilty. if the FBI doesn't uncover anything to corroborate either one of their versions they"ll say so. Grassley and Hatch have already said she's mistaken/don't believe her. It took the FBI THREE days to investigate Hill's accusation. They came up with no evidence either way. You can't delay this hearing for two weeks?? Really? even if the FBI finds ten witnesses to support her claim, we all know that the Republicans are going to confirm him anyway.
"Hi - remember when you were in high school 36 years ago? Did you hear some shit about Christina?"

I'm sure that would be very effective, and not at all biased by anyone.
      09-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #279
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Is this information being blared on CNN and MSNBC?
Where are the protesters to this?
Where are the screamers?

Nice.
      09-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #280
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Ever since rumors began swirling on Capitol Hill about a mystery letter in the possession of Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein, it was only a matter of time before Judge Kavanaugh’s formerly “anonymous” accuser made her grand entrance to the national stage. After all, Democratic attempts to delay, interrupt, grandstand, and even “Spartacus” their way out of replacing former Justice Anthony Kennedy with a conservative jurist of President Trump’s choosing had thus far been unsuccessful, so why not pull out the old classic “Anita Hill” tactic? It may or may not work, but Dems are just trying to run out the clock at this point, right?

And it’s not like she didn’t have plenty of opportunities during those nearly four decades. Yet, Ford was silent with Kavanaugh clerked at the Supreme Court, silent when he was a White House attorney, and still silent after Kavanaugh became a U.S. Circuit Judge in 2006 - a process that required a lengthy and controversial Senate confirmation - and all the years thereafter, even as he weighed in on important cases regarding the environment, separation of powers, human rights, and criminal procedure, among others.

Now, on the eve of Senate confirmation, Ford - a California clinical psychology college professor who just happens to be a registered Democrat - decides that justice MUST be served. It’s her “civic responsibility,” don’t you know.

So yeah, color me skeptical.

https://townhall.com/columnists/scot...thing-n2519594
Quite frankly, I am skeptical also but after talking with my wife who was also a victim of sexual assault, I saw some things differently, or gained a little more open mind about it.There is this rush rush thing here which is just as bad as any last second character issues that come to light. Forcing the issue usually backfires over the long haul. If there is no investigation and testimony. Its over and I don't see how this guy is going to impact my life very much at all. Its the sheer weight of the partisanship which is important, and will yield nothing but payback in the future. A never ending cycle because what comes around, goes around. That is why its a must to explore this, investigate it, and seek testimony. Would take all of three days.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #281
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
So, there are a lot of inconsistencies and concerns I have with the entire story of the alleged assult by Kavanaugh. The largest concern I have, however, and this is very odd, is that she claims to be unable to recall the only 2 details Kavanaugh could use to clear his name – the where and when.

1) If we knew where we could find out who owned the house and whether or not any such event took place there or if they had kids who might’ve had teens over drinking when adults weren’t home.

2) If we knew when we might be able to find out if the Kavanaugh family were on vacation at that time, or he were somewhere else.

Those are the only ways he could clear his name and they’re missing, she doesn’t even remember the year. Hmm.....
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 03:43 PM   #282
kyoo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
So, there are a lot of inconsistencies and concerns I have with the entire story of the alleged assult by Kavanaugh. The largest concern I have, however, and this is very odd, is that she claims to be unable to recall the only 2 details Kavanaugh could use to clear his name – the where and when.

1) If we knew where we could find out who owned the house and whether or not any such event took place there or if they had kids who might’ve had teens over drinking when adults weren’t home.

2) If we knew when we might be able to find out if the Kavanaugh family were on vacation at that time, or he were somewhere else.

Those are the only ways he could clear his name and they’re missing, she doesn’t even remember the year. Hmm.....
where has the full story from her been published? the key for me here would be, did she tell any of her close friends at the time it happened? reporting it to police or whatever, i hope after seeing all the debasing of her from trump supporters can be understandable.

what's interesting to me is the support from the right of kav - what has he done that has made people think he is the right pick, other than he's a "conservative"? or is that all he takes. at least gorsuch has been consistent, mr bart o'kavanaugh here is more of a politician than a judge
Appreciate 1
wdb1657.50

09-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #283
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Hmm.

'Debra Katz, the attorney representing Kavanaugh’s accuser — Christine Blasey Ford — is vice chair of the Project on Government Oversight, an organization that has been directly funded by Soros’ Open Society Foundation'.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...-and-links-ge/

The same lawyer that called Trump voters 'miscreants'.

Houston.
We have a problem.
arkie6353.00

09-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #284
NickyC
Major General
Rep

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Hmm.

'Debra Katz, the attorney representing Kavanaugh’s accuser — Christine Blasey Ford — is vice chair of the Project on Government Oversight, an organization that has been directly funded by Soros’ Open Society Foundation'.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...-and-links-ge/

The same lawyer that called Trump voters 'miscreants'.

Houston.
We have a problem.
Liars on top of liars on top of mentally defective liars. The brain damaged left in all its glory.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/20/64978...i-have-no-idea
Appreciate 3
anglo43628.00
arkie6353.00

09-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #285
kyoo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Liars on top of liars on top of mentally defective liars. The brain damaged left in all its glory.

?

she's clarifying that she did not SEE it happen, but that she believed it happened because people talked about it at school. then realized, just because everyone at school was talking about it doesn't mean it happened.

but yea, believe as you will. good lord though i hope no one ever asks me shit about a future potential supreme court judge i may know. look at this fucking bs you have to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #286
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
where has the full story from her been published? the key for me here would be, did she tell any of her close friends at the time it happened? reporting it to police or whatever, i hope after seeing all the debasing of her from trump supporters can be understandable.

what's interesting to me is the support from the right of kav - what has he done that has made people think he is the right pick, other than he's a "conservative"? or is that all he takes. at least gorsuch has been consistent, mr bart o'kavanaugh here is more of a politician than a judge
I may have misused the term 'entire story'. The context of my comment was that based on everything she has reported publicly so far, the two items I mentioned are the most significant in clearing his name.

In addition, the moving of the goal post regarding the desire to publicly come before congress to demand the FBI investigate beforehand also allows two more concerns.

1) The FBI doesn't investigate these types of cases. Ever.

2) By getting an investigation completed before speaking to Congress, her attorney's and her will now know exactly what can be proven and what cannot be proven, so she can better structure her story.

If she had no intention of coming forward, why prepare for coming forward by taking a lie detector test in August? If Feinstein wanted to respect her wishes, why release any statement at all? If she were going to “betray” the promise of anonymity, why not do it earlier?

Nothing else stuck, Kavanaugh withstood everything Democrats threw at him during his hearing. They were desperate and about to lose. And Democrats can’t lose when it comes to the Supreme Court – the courts are how they advance their agenda these days.

They rarely pass legislation, they sue and have the courts declare parts of their agenda to be so, to be “rights.” If they lose the courts they have to try to convince voters, to sell their unpopular ideas AND, worst of all, make sure they’re actually constitutional. That terrifies them.
Appreciate 3
SakhirM49760.00
scostu1151.50
arkie6353.00