Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Today, 02:09 AM   #4005
ynguldyn
Colonel
Rep

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
This one seems short a few brain cells.
Checked out other posts - a freshly bought 2014 M6 GC after a Nissan. Have to agree.

Some people should have their checkbooks taken away from them until they've watched every single Hoovie's Garage video.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:41 AM   #4006
AlpineWhite_SJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Funny how even a straightforward Trump rally video with no cuts, edits, or comments becomes a "hoax" once Trump starts contradicting his previous words.
May your logical deficiencies and prejudices not put your person or family at risk.
/// 2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 - 6MT ZCP ZEP / 3D Design billet handbrake lever, pedals, CF side skirts & rear diffuser / Sterckenn gloss black lip / IND alpine white front reflectors /// 2020 Donnington Grey on Black F97 X3MC ///
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:03 AM   #4007
Artemis
Belgium
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Oh we’re going to do the hoax “hoax” again?
Funny how even a straightforward Trump rally video with no cuts, edits, or comments becomes a "hoax" once Trump starts contradicting his previous words.
May your logical deficiencies and prejudices not put your person or family at risk.
If they'd sell you the line that also gravity is a hoax, feel free to jump off a building. If we don't hear back from you, quite likely it wasn't.

French proverb: "Il n'y a que la vérité qui blesse" (only the truth hurts).

Evolution of COVID-19 - Officially confirmed cases and deaths:
  • Johns Hopkins University: here (desktop version) and here (mobile version)
  • Worldometer: here
  • World Health Organization: here
  • Our World in Data: here
Evolution of COVID-19 - Spread patterns:
  • Nextstrain: here (charts) and here (narrative)
April 5, 2020 (noon):
  • World: 1,213,927 confirmed cases | 65,711 deaths
  • US: 312,445 confirmed cases | 8,503 deaths
Name:  COVID-19_Cases_US_05Apr20_1.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  181.9 KB

Name:  COVID-19_Cases_US_05Apr20_2.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  246.5 KB

Name:  COVID-19_Cases_US_05Apr20_2b.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  281.2 KB

Name:  COVID-19_CasesDaily_US_05Apr20_1.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  225.3 KB

Name:  COVID-19_Deaths_US_05Apr20_1.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  173.2 KB

Name:  COVID-19_Deaths_US_05Apr20_2.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  234.1 KB

Name:  COVID-19_Deaths_US_05Apr20_3.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  240.3 KB

Name:  COVID-19_Flu_US.png
Views: 121
Size:  260.9 KB

Feb 7, 2020 - April 2, 2020:
      Today, 05:02 AM   #4008
Artemis
Belgium
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)

Meanwhile in Italy (San Pietro polyclinic in Bergamo - Lombardy):

Today, 06:20 AM   #4009
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Everything I read states "giving" not sure if that is the literal sense of the word but it is implied to me as donation. Only time will tell but if he is donating then the gesture is commendable if he is selling them (even at a discount) then it is capitalism at work as you stated above and no different than any other manufacturer retooling production and selling PPE.

Agreed, I see "providing" more than anything else in the stories I've read. Again, implying free, but not explicitly stating so.

I did hear reporting this AM that Brooks Brothers and others - including some small businesses in NYC's Garment District - are donating masks and other PPE.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast4159.00

Today, 08:03 AM   #4010
AlpineWhite_SJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

[QUOTE=Artemis;26009937]If they'd sell you the line that also gravity is a hoax, feel free to jump off a building. If we don't hear back from you, quite likely it wasn't./QUOTE]

Given I don’t blindly act on something anyone tells me, not a risk factor. I passed third grade reading comprehension, so it isn’t really something I have to worry about. The hoax “hoax” was in relation to those who keep perpetuating that Trump thinks the virus was a hoax. The comment was made with respect that the administration wasn’t doing anything about it, not that the virus itself was a hoax, but keep on believing your MSM sound bite.

Edit: and here’s a link to the sacred site of fact checkers on the issue - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/ so you can read the actual transcript of what was said instead of video clips that cause your auditory nerve to shut down and hear something different.
/// 2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 - 6MT ZCP ZEP / 3D Design billet handbrake lever, pedals, CF side skirts & rear diffuser / Sterckenn gloss black lip / IND alpine white front reflectors /// 2020 Donnington Grey on Black F97 X3MC ///

Last edited by AlpineWhite_SJ; Today at 08:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
      Today, 08:10 AM   #4011
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
This one seems short a few brain cells. We don't even have enough drugs to treat ourselves and we're experimenting on Africans why?
There were two French doctors that suggested they should do testing of a vaccine on poor people in Africa. This was on French national TV. They obviously got a ton of backlash.
Appreciate 1
chris7192362.50

Today, 08:42 AM   #4012
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Damn. There will be no hipsters left in NC if something happens.
Don't worry, the Triangle has it covered and they're out of "the zone".
Appreciate 2
Rmtt3799.50
jzmundy558.00

Today, 08:46 AM   #4013
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Nothing more then he’s a Christian and a Republican. Two attributes that causes some to flip their lids.

You figure that's how he got the invite to the WH in the first place?

What about Under Armour? What about Brooks Brothers? What about all this:

https://medcitynews.com/2020/04/comp...h-more-needed/
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:01 AM   #4014
Murf993
Private
Rep

Drives: Porsche 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
There were two French doctors that suggested they should do testing of a vaccine on poor people in Africa. This was on French national TV. They obviously got a ton of backlash.
Makes me wonder what's happening in Chinese prisons right now.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:01 AM   #4015
X5 45e
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: BMW X5 45e

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Numbers from Italy. Median age of those who died was 80 with 50% having at least 3 or more comorbidities. Numbers from 3 weeks ago: average age of positively-tested deceased is +/-81 years. 10% of the deceased are over 90 years old. 90% of the deceased are over 70 years old.

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/en/coro...april_2020.pdf
The problem in northern Italy is that hospitals can't even take care of their non Covid patients anymore and even those are dying of non covid related pathology. In non covid times some could have been saved. Total mortality in northern Italy is more than the sum of normal mortality for this period and covid related deaths in this period.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:42 AM   #4016
zx10guy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
If they'd sell you the line that also gravity is a hoax, feel free to jump off a building. If we don't hear back from you, quite likely it wasn't.
Given I don’t blindly act on something anyone tells me, not a risk factor. I passed third grade reading comprehension, so it isn’t really something I have to worry about. The hoax “hoax” was in relation to those who keep perpetuating that Trump thinks the virus was a hoax. The comment was made with respect that the administration wasn’t doing anything about it, not that the virus itself was a hoax, but keep on believing your MSM sound bite.

Edit: and here’s a link to the sacred site of fact checkers on the issue - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/ so you can read the actual transcript of what was said instead of video clips that cause your auditory nerve to shut down and hear something different.
This topic brings up a project I'm in the initial stages of working on. There have been concerns about Deepfakes with doctored videos of various politicians.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:22 AM   #4017
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
The problem in northern Italy is that hospitals can't even take care of their non Covid patients anymore and even those are dying of non covid related pathology. In non covid times some could have been saved. Total mortality in northern Italy is more than the sum of normal mortality for this period and covid related deaths in this period.
Italy had 647,000 deaths in 2019. If we divide that by 365, and multiply it by the 96 days we have had this year so far, they should be at 170,169 deaths for the year.

So far they have had 151,487 deaths this year, a good amount below last year.
https://countrymeters.info/en/Italy

This makes sense though, everyone is at home and not allowed to do the dumb things we typically do as a society.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:27 AM   #4018
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Jan 31: President Trump bans flights from China. Democrats/CNN/MSNBC say "RACIST!! XENOPHOBE!!" - trying to convince everyone the virus was a non-issue, trying to call Trump's attempt to protect America as "racist".

Feb 5: Senator Schumer and the Democrats say the China travel ban is part of Trump’s war against immigrants.

Feb 9+16: NYC health commissioner Osiris Barbo posted a tweet telling people to enjoy the parade in Chinatown, take the subway, visit restaurants, take the bus "there is no reason to miss" those. She said to not change any plans dues to "misinformation" about the corona virus. Mark Levine, chair of NYC health committee, made similar claims "If you are staying away from the parade, you're missing out!". Now NY state is the hardest hit state in the entire country.

Feb 24: Pelosi tells everyone Trump is racist and everyone should go visit Chinatown and celebrate.

Mar 2+13: NY Mayor Bill deBlasio and his health expert tell NY’ers to use the subway, go to concerts and COVID-19 is not a big deal. "Get out on the town in spite of Coronavirus!"

Once the virus hit hard and spread, as if on cue these same democrats switch gears to start claiming "Trumps's fault. Responded too slow.

Thought it was a hoax. Didn't take it seriously" as some shut down their own state borders. It proves yet again the democrat/msm were spreading misinformation which helped make sure America got hit by this virus hard.
Appreciate 4
TT13.50
Efthreeoh6592.50
MKSixer20143.00
Murf993197.00

Today, 11:14 AM   #4019
NickyC
Major General
Rep

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Great article.

https://www.aier.org/article/a-plan-...-this-madness/
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:21 AM   #4020
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback

they'll need to go back to Hoover for a comparable...

“All men are equal before fish.”
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:23 AM   #4021
Eriphill
Major
Rep

Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Jan 31: President Trump bans flights from China. Democrats/CNN/MSNBC say "RACIST!! XENOPHOBE!!" - trying to convince everyone the virus was a non-issue, trying to call Trump's attempt to protect America as "racist".

Feb 5: Senator Schumer and the Democrats say the China travel ban is part of Trump’s war against immigrants.
At this same time in February China was still not allowing ANY outside investigators into the country to help research the outbreak. As a result the rest of the world was always going to be playing catch up. The US only had access to data once outbreaks began at home.

"Despite rising numbers in both coronavirus infections and fatalities, China has refused offers of assistance from two of the world’s foremost agencies on infectious disease, according to The New York Times. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been offering to send a team of experts from its Epidemic Intelligence Service for more than a month to no avail."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/china-...th-coronavirus
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:41 AM   #4022
ynguldyn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

If they had verbal gymnastics as an Olympic discipline, you would be a great candidate for Team USA.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:42 AM   #4023
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe

Quote:

Feb 9+16: NYC health commissioner Osiris Barbo posted a tweet telling people to enjoy the parade in Chinatown, take the subway, visit restaurants, take the bus "there is no reason to miss" those. She said to not change any plans dues to "misinformation" about the corona virus. Mark Levine, chair of NYC health committee, made similar claims "If you are staying away from the parade, you're missing out!". Now NY state is the hardest hit state in the entire country.

Feb 24: Pelosi tells everyone Trump is racist and everyone should go visit Chinatown and celebrate.

Mar 2+13: NY Mayor Bill deBlasio and his health expert tell NY’ers to use the subway, go to concerts and COVID-19 is not a big deal. "Get out on the town in spite of Coronavirus!"

Once the virus hit hard and spread, as if on cue these same democrats switch gears to start claiming "Trumps's fault. Responded too slow.

Thought it was a hoax. Didn't take it seriously" as some shut down their own state borders. It proves yet again the democrat/msm were spreading misinformation which helped make sure America got hit by this virus hard.
How daaaaarrrrreeee you! You Alt-Right conspiracy theorist!
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer20143.00
Murf993197.00

Today, 11:47 AM   #4024
ynguldyn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
This topic brings up a project I'm in the initial stages of working on. There have been concerns about Deepfakes with doctored videos of various politicians.
The quality of deepfakes and the ability to detect them seem to be evolving in parallel, so normally it wouldn't be a cause for concern. However, there'll be plenty of people who'll call deepfake warnings a liberal conspiracy (after all, the detection algorithms are created by those scientists and Silicon Valley types, and everyone knows they all are libtards) so deepfakes will surely find their audience.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:52 AM   #4025
ynguldyn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
At this same time in February China was still not allowing ANY outside investigators into the country to help research the outbreak. As a result the rest of the world was always going to be playing catch up. The US only had access to data once outbreaks began at home.

"Despite rising numbers in both coronavirus infections and fatalities, China has refused offers of assistance from two of the world’s foremost agencies on infectious disease, according to The New York Times. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been offering to send a team of experts from its Epidemic Intelligence Service for more than a month to no avail."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/china-...th-coronavirus
Both South Korea and USA received the same information out of China.

On January 20, both South Korea and USA had their first case.

On April 4, South Korea had 196 confirmed cases and 3.4 deaths per 1M population. USA had 937 and 25.5.
Appreciate 1
chris7192362.50

Today, 11:56 AM   #4026
adc100
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
J

Feb 24: Pelosi tells everyone Trump is racist and everyone should go visit Chinatown and celebrate. .
Anyone with an IQ of above 75 would immediately see that Schumer and Pelosi don't have an ounce of credibility.

Yet for a dozen or so TDS'rs on this thread. (which I have ignored)
they are still the shining white Knights of the U.S.
Appreciate 0