New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #89
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Good value, good selection, attractive vehicle, excellent warranty, inexpensive maintenance, easy enticing financing.
Appreciate 1
jmack548.50
      07-30-2020, 05:58 PM   #90
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Should we change the title to why was Kia popular three years ago?
Kia/Hyundai have not just suddenly become popular, growth has been solid and ongoing for a while though Hyundai has struggled lately with Kia making better inroads.

There's a theme of quality being up there that just have not seen in my experience, that is all. I will also add that Korean cars tend to be equipped with crappy tyres from the factory.
Man, most cars come with awful tires. I've learned to check inventory, sometimes the same car has wildly better tires as a build option.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 08:06 PM   #91
jmhumr
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2017 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Kia/Hyundai have not just suddenly become popular, growth has been solid and ongoing for a while though Hyundai has struggled lately with Kia making better inroads.

There's a theme of quality being up there that just have not seen in my experience, that is all. I will also add that Korean cars tend to be equipped with crappy tyres from the factory.
The fall of Nissan and Honda also have something to do with it; Hyundai and Kia have essentially replaced those brands in every way. Nissan, in particular, has an embarrassingly stale product lineup and their best-selling car (Rogue) is junk that sells purely because it is cheap. Honda has been resting on their now-dated reputation for reliability and have faced issues by cutting corners and putting out very uninspired products.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 10:21 PM   #92
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

I've never heard a girl brag about her bf dtiving a kia. Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 09:18 AM   #93
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Forum member's brand new BMW M2C blowing a motor 550 miles into European Delivery:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1648678

And there is a whole another thread on spun crank hub of the S55 in M2Cs as well with a few forum members here needing a new motor because of it.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1492290

BMW quality is not any better than Hyundai/Kia. And the warranty with BMW is shorter.

Oh, and here is an M3 owner describing his situation and needing a motor rebuild at 7k miles. There is "superior" bmw quality for you.

All I have to say is what the hell am I doing wrong that a college kid has a M4 and a truck; not to mention additional money to mod said M4.
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50
      07-31-2020, 09:54 AM   #94
Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
All I have to say is what the hell am I doing wrong that a college kid has a M4 and a truck; not to mention additional money to mod said M4.
Maybe hes a well accomplished youtuber while in school. Some of those youtube people make serious bank.

Or it's mommy and daddy money. Who knows lol
      07-31-2020, 10:59 AM   #95
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageenterprise View Post
Maybe hes a well accomplished youtuber while in school. Some of those youtube people make serious bank.

Or it's mommy and daddy money. Who knows lol

Crazy money

There is a guy called Chevy Dude who sells Chevrolets. He does one YouTube video each week. He showed his viewers how advertising, views and YouTube payments work. He made right at $40k just from YT. And he does not put in near the effort some of the YTers do. Many make easy 6 figures with YT.

It is not a hobby for them, it is serious business.
Appreciate 0