New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

06-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #639
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Finally got back in a proper gym after 5 days travel. Back/tri day and it was great besides being hot as a sauna in there haha. Was basically just running this past week as I was trying to let my shoulder heal due to my dumbass injury the other weekend. Ran 30+ miles last week so that was solid, but my body didn't feel near as good as it does after a solid week in the gym. Might need to start doing interval sprints, I don't think just running alone taxes my body enough on its own.

Shoulder and biceps tomorrow, pumped to get in there!
Shoulder injuries suck since most upper body excercises involves the shoulders. Best thing is to let it heal. With the running your body gets used to it especially if you don't mix it up. Intervals sprints for like 30 sec would totally shock the body and up your heart rate
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 08:43 PM   #640
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:
Finally got back in a proper gym after 5 days travel. Back/tri day and it was great besides being hot as a sauna in there haha. Was basically just running this past week as I was trying to let my shoulder heal due to my dumbass injury the other weekend. Ran 30+ miles last week so that was solid, but my body didn't feel near as good as it does after a solid week in the gym. Might need to start doing interval sprints, I don't think just running alone taxes my body enough on its own.

Shoulder and biceps tomorrow, pumped to get in there!
Shoulder injuries suck since most upper body excercises involves the shoulders. Best thing is to let it heal. With the running your body gets used to it especially if you don't mix it up. Intervals sprints for like 30 sec would totally shock the body and up your heart rate
Yeah it has sucked but I'm about back to 100% now! Gonna try some sprints at some point this week. Usually I'll do cardio, lift, then a 5k. Last week I was just running around 4miles a day which just wasn't doing it haha
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:30 AM   #641
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Chest/Tri last night. I'm finding that the bench machine with the handles that I can press with hands parallel to body (vs traditional perpendicular with a regular bar) keeps my shoulders from hurting so much. I still alternate one or two sets perp, but now my only aching is the good kind in the muscles.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #642
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

Yep hammer strength or similar tend to rotate hands pinky down slightly so opens up shoulder joint a bit and less pain. Can also do same with dumbells
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #643
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Chest/Tri last night. I'm finding that the bench machine with the handles that I can press with hands parallel to body (vs traditional perpendicular with a regular bar) keeps my shoulders from hurting so much. I still alternate one or two sets perp, but now my only aching is the good kind in the muscles.
That's the machine I use all the time. I tend not to use the bench but once in awhile
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 02:48 PM   #644
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I miss my core moves bench, dead and squat though and disnaome bench the other day felt okay.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:15 PM   #645
Spgm5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: Singapore grey 14 m5

Had to skip my posterior chain day so to a strained groin issue I've been dealing with for a few weeks. Back at it tomorrow with some chest
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #646
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Killed arms today! Gym was ridiculously packed!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 07:09 PM   #647
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Shoulders and biceps today! Shoulder is about back to 100% barely felt any pain! Insanely hot and humid in my gym today, easily drank 20oz of water and was still thirsty as hell. 15mins incline treadmill, 10 mins abs, and a 5k run as well 💪🏼
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 08:10 PM   #648
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Shoulders and biceps today! Shoulder is about back to 100% barely felt any pain! Insanely hot and humid in my gym today, easily drank 20oz of water and was still thirsty as hell. 15mins incline treadmill, 10 mins abs, and a 5k run as well 💪🏼
Love it when it's hot! Makes me sweat pretty good. Tho in the other side of the gym where the machines are they have those huge ass fans on the ceiling. I kid you not they look like freakin helicopter blades and when they are on it's cold as shit which doesn't help when you're trying to keep your muscles warm if that makes sense
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 08:31 PM   #649
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I miss my core moves bench, dead and squat though and disnaome bench the other day felt okay.
Are you not doing them at all? Or just at much lighter weight higher reps?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 09:07 PM   #650
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Havent done bb bench until this week in month or so, deads about same, squat was doing them until recently trying to sort out my legs before getting back after them. Kind of stepping back to move forward hopefully
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:36 PM   #651
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I took a few kids to the pool right after work. 2 hours later at the turn around point and the Browns are calling for another delivery to the pool. WTF? Struggled, slowing about every 1/4 to straighten up and clinch the circle. Got home and had to clear the pool twice before putting down the beach towels. Does this count as weight loss???
      06-19-2019, 06:24 AM   #652
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Love it when it's hot! Makes me sweat pretty good. Tho in the other side of the gym where the machines are they have those huge ass fans on the ceiling. I kid you not they look like freakin helicopter blades and when they are on it's cold as shit which doesn't help when you're trying to keep your muscles warm if that makes sense
I agree, much prefer it hot over when it's cold!
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2019, 07:39 AM   #653
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Screw that hate when its warm at all trying to work out. Towing machine in my house when it's over low 60s inside sucks
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #654
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Another humid ass day, assuming it will be brutally warm in the gym today. Don't even care because it is leg day baby!!! Pumped to get in there!

I honestly need to start bringing plastic bags to the gym for my used shirt afterwards, the damn thing is usually drenched to the point where you can wring it out. My trunk liner is carpet so I feel bad setting it in there during my 5min drive home. Need to bring extra shorts to change into as well, but I don't have enough pairs to be using 2x a day lmao. Leather seems to be holding up fine though haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 01:48 PM   #655
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Leather seems to be holding up fine though haha.
Buy a few more pairs of leather shorts, then the ones you wear home today become the ones your wear to the gym tomorrow.

Freaking muscle-heads can't even look a day in advance - smh
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 01:51 PM   #656
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Buy a few more pairs of leather shorts, then the ones you wear home today become the ones your wear to the gym tomorrow.

Freaking muscle-heads can't even look a day in advance - smh
I assume you just meant shorts not leather shorts, but holy shit I never even thought of that! lmao, going to start doing this now. Posting random bullshit on this forum is actually beneficial sometimes
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17872.50
      06-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #657
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Another humid ass day, assuming it will be brutally warm in the gym today. Don't even care because it is leg day baby!!! Pumped to get in there!

I honestly need to start bringing plastic bags to the gym for my used shirt afterwards, the damn thing is usually drenched to the point where you can wring it out. My trunk liner is carpet so I feel bad setting it in there during my 5min drive home. Need to bring extra shorts to change into as well, but I don't have enough pairs to be using 2x a day lmao. Leather seems to be holding up fine though haha.
If my schmedium shirt is soaked I usually take it off before I get in the car. Than again Is that a douchey move taking your shirt off cause everytime I do seems like there's always a chick walking by? or maybe I'm doing it on purpose
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 08:21 PM   #658
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Who the ef wears leather shorts to the gym?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #659
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

If my schmedium shirt is soaked I usually take it off before I get in the car. Than again Is that a douchey move taking your shirt off cause everytime I do seems like there's always a chick walking by? or maybe I'm doing it on purpose
Usually following my cardio at the end of my workout is when I'm sweating the most, if I got in my car without my shirt my seats would be drenched lol, I usually just throw on an undershirt that I wore to work haha
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #660
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Who the ef wears leather shorts to the gym?
Out loud in the car waiting for my wife to drop me at gym