New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-19-2016, 02:20 AM   #6117
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV
Everyone has their own path and demons to deal with. That's why I never judge.

Mine hunt me down in my sleep which is why shoei trying to scare me won't work.
You're definitely a unicorn! Stay that way
I just threw up a little in my mouth... Thanks aat...
Anything for you, shoei
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:23 AM   #6118
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh
Quote:
Quote:
Seriously tho (and sorta topic for this thread), past/current relationships keep me up. Kinda makes me not want to have a gf
Maaannnn, you are too young to be thinking about that stuff... First off, an ex is an ex for a reason... Second, hate to break it to you, but chances are good there will be many more relationships that didn't work out... Just the way life goes...

Who knows though, maybe the next one will be the one for you, but you'll never allow that to happen if you ponder the past... Let it go, you learned some things from those relationships that help mold you into who you are today... In the least, there are still fond memories you gained plus knowledge of what you don't want moving forward or what you could do better moving forward...
Wise words from a nemesis!!
You have your moments... You just go from one end of the spectrum to the other... Ridiculously whiney to ridiculously douche... It's when you are in the median you ain't so bad... Except you lost more points complaining about beach life in SD...

End of the day, you got a master plan, so nobody but yourself will know what's best for you... Depending on branch too, you could enjoy SD more on your return... Honolulu also but if you had issues with SD, Hawaii is even more laid back and even more bikinis... If it's marines though, you'd be based out of Pendleton and that's 30 mins out of SD WITHOUT traffic... Two hours with traffic...
My guess is though, Air Force? Due to your sensitive nature when you get sprung on a chick... jk... I've lived both coasts and they have pros and cons... I personally dig the weather and I can ride motorcycles all year round here and even with my cars, especially the M's, they are much happier without winter tires... Meaning, they enjoy summer sticky tires more than blizzaks... But, I digress, wrong thread...
I've come to accept my borderline personality disorder, thank you :

Going the Navy route. Which is nice because Naval bases are mostly located out on the coasts...but if I get where I want to go, Aviation, I'm either in San Diego (where I am currently) or Fallon, NV. we shall see, too far ahead to start planning that now

I hear ya, the traffic is a killer. Guess I've brought up in busy Nova, so I'm used to traffic. Rolling around in an M in San Diego with the windows down year round...you're living the dream! I do appreciate the advice, thank you!

It's funny, we have soo many running jokes about AF members, it's bad :
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:26 AM   #6119
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:

Going the Navy route. Which is nice because Naval bases are mostly located out on the coasts...but if I get where I want to go, Aviation, I'm either in San Diego (where I am currently) or Fallon, NV. we shall see, too far ahead to start planning that now

I hear ya, the traffic is a killer. Guess I've brought up in busy Nova, so I'm used to traffic. I do appreciate the advice though, thank you!

I was going to do that "back in my day" but women weren't allowed to fly fighter jets yet so I didn't join. I would've went through as an officer and all that jazz. But they lost me at no stealth bomber.
      07-19-2016, 02:27 AM   #6120
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Everyone has their own path and demons to deal with. That's why I never judge.

Mine hunt me down in my sleep which is why shoei trying to scare me won't work.
You're definitely a unicorn! Stay that way
I just threw up a little in my mouth... Thanks aat...
Attached Images

07-19-2016, 02:28 AM   #6121
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Thought about the Air Force. Still have thoughts.
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2016, 02:29 AM   #6122
shoei
Banned
Rep

Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Seriously tho (and sorta topic for this thread), past/current relationships keep me up. Kinda makes me not want to have a gf
Maaannnn, you are too young to be thinking about that stuff... First off, an ex is an ex for a reason... Second, hate to break it to you, but chances are good there will be many more relationships that didn't work out... Just the way life goes...

Who knows though, maybe the next one will be the one for you, but you'll never allow that to happen if you ponder the past... Let it go, you learned some things from those relationships that help mold you into who you are today... In the least, there are still fond memories you gained plus knowledge of what you don't want moving forward or what you could do better moving forward...
You have your moments... You just go from one end of the spectrum to the other... Ridiculously whiney to ridiculously douche... It's when you are in the median you ain't so bad... Except you lost more points complaining about beach life in SD...

End of the day, you got a master plan, so nobody but yourself will know what's best for you... Depending on branch too, you could enjoy SD more on your return... Honolulu also but if you had issues with SD, Hawaii is even more laid back and even more bikinis... If it's marines though, you'd be based out of Pendleton and that's 30 mins out of SD WITHOUT traffic... Two hours with traffic...
My guess is though, Air Force? Due to your sensitive nature when you get sprung on a chick... jk... I've lived both coasts and they have pros and cons... I personally dig the weather and I can ride motorcycles all year round here and even with my cars, especially the M's, they are much happier without winter tires... Meaning, they enjoy summer sticky tires more than blizzaks... But, I digress, wrong thread...

I hear ya, the traffic is a killer. Guess I've brought up in busy Nova, so I'm used to traffic. Rolling around in an M in San Diego with the windows down year round...you're living the dream! I do appreciate the advice, thank you!

True on AF, it's not even funny... I had an ex, her old man was a LT Col for the marine Corp... He landed at an AF base once and we picked him up - guess he came out directly from his room and he had a perplexed look on his face... I asked him what was up and he told me he had cable in his room... And a mini fridge + microwave and he just shook his head lol...

I'm not in SD, up the coast a bit in another beach city in LA so even better... but you are right, much different lifestyle from east... The weed thing is real talk, errybody smokes weed out here and it's so open... That took me awhile to get used to - back in NYC we still on the DL... Here in SoCal? People walk around / drive around smoking weed like its breathing air...
Appreciate 2
      07-19-2016, 02:32 AM   #6123
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
True on AF, it's not even funny... I had an ex, her old man was a LT Col for the marine Corp... He landed at an AF base once and we picked him up - guess he came out directly from his room and he had a perplexed look on his face... I asked him what was up and he told me he had cable in his room... And a mini fridge + microwave and he just shook his head lol...

I'm not in SD, up the coast a bit in another beach city in LA so even better... but you are right, much different lifestyle from east... The weed thing is real talk, errybody smokes weed out here and it's so open... That took me awhile to get used to - back in NYC we still on the DL... Here in SoCal? People walk around / drive around smoking weed like its breathing air...
My sister just moved to SF. Holy crap, clouds of smoke everywhere. I prefer people smoke on the dl and not contaminate my air!!
      07-19-2016, 02:41 AM   #6124
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

My sister just moved to SF. Holy crap, clouds of smoke everywhere. I prefer people smoke on the dl and not contaminate my air!!
You've got bigger issues than worrying about people blazing in SF...

- you're like 52 years of age in your culture technically speaking when it comes to being suitable for marriage

- your deep regrets of past endeavors keeping you up late at night

- why your seat is crooked and you are technically facing your left headlight...

You are welcome... Carry on...
Appreciate 3
      07-19-2016, 02:44 AM   #6125
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
You've got bigger issues than worrying about people blazing in SF...

- you're like 52 years of age in your culture technically speaking when it comes to being suitable for marriage

- your deep regrets of past endeavors keeping you up late at night

- why your seat is crooked and you are technically facing your left headlight...

You are welcome... Carry on...

And here I am worrying about how many organs I need to sell for a sapphire blue Cayman gt4.
      07-19-2016, 02:44 AM   #6126
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

I want Ice cream
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 2
      07-19-2016, 02:46 AM   #6127
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Quote:
And here I am worrying about how many organs I need to sell for a sapphire blue Cayman gt4.
Some Jewish dude in Queens was "gifting" 25k or so for organ donations or something.
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 2
      07-19-2016, 02:46 AM   #6128
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

: the AF is turning more into a corporation than a service branch, guess it'll attract...unique individuals lol

Yeah the weed thing here annoys the hell out of me. I don't give a shit if others smoke and what they do in their personal space...but keep it away from me. Every single day, I kid you not, the atmosphere in my bedroom gets hazy and is filled with smoke. I was scared to death I would fail my urinalysis from it...

At least in DC we have an alcohol problem and not smoking issue...not sure which is worse though :
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:47 AM   #6129
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Also, fuck GT4. Get a proper Porsche
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:50 AM   #6130
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
But it's pretty! 911 is definitely sexier. This is why I'm up all night. I'll get sleepy about thirty minutes before my alarm is set.
      07-19-2016, 02:50 AM   #6131
shoei
Banned
Rep

Damn Aat...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:52 AM   #6132
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I hear ya, the traffic is a killer. Guess I've brought up in busy Nova, so I'm used to traffic. I do appreciate the advice though, thank you!

I was going to do that "back in my day" but women weren't allowed to fly fighter jets yet so I didn't join. I would've went through as an officer and all that jazz. But they lost me at no stealth bomber.
Yeah that's unfortunate

F-18s and Helos are fucking awesome. I've had the privilege to ride on a helo my first week here...now to get on an F-18 before I leave

Unfortunately (or fortunately, for me) I work in legal, so I don't directly work with aircraft...but I do on paper. Pilot veers off course, FAA finds out, reports to us...I analyze and discipline. Also working on some bin Laden paperwork, but that discussion's only for those in the need to know

Oh and trying to get on a sub! But they're stealthy as hell and require an extraordinary number of security clearances, not sure if my command will swing that for me
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2016, 02:54 AM   #6133
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
But it's pretty! 911 is definitely sexier. This is why I'm up all night.
GT4 is like a pair of Tory Burch sandals. 911 is Valentino pumps.
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:59 AM   #6134
Beartato
Major
Rep

Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
That's great to hear man! Sounds like you're both enjoying each other.
Totally. So I just got off the phone with her, she wanted to have the "what do you want out this relationship" talk. Well I told her I'm done fooling around with relationships and wanted something serious, and she was on the same page. Then we started talking about movies, and when I was giving her crap about never having seen Star Wars she mentioned that she knows Shakespeare. I was "oh yeah?" and we started going back and forth with lines from his plays, which turned into a conversation about english linguistics and how english has changed since Shakespeare's time, which turned into a discussion about typefaces, which turned into a discussion about her english degree, and she was impressed that I could keep up even though my degree is in electrical engineering. The 2 hours we talked just flew by, but I told her I've gotta get to bed so we stopped. I think I'm in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Good to hear buddy!

Do some weird stuff with her and report back
Well since you asked, I found out she likes to tickle and I like to be tickled so we have that going for us
Appreciate 3
      07-19-2016, 02:59 AM   #6135
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato
Quote:
Totally. So I just got off the phone with her, she wanted to have the "what do you want out this relationship" talk. Well I told her I'm done fooling around with relationships and wanted something serious, and she was on the same page. Then we started talking about movies, and when I was giving her crap about never having seen Star Wars she mentioned that she knows Shakespeare. I was "oh yeah?" and we started going back and forth with lines from his plays, which turned into a conversation about english linguistics and how english has changed since Shakespeare's time, which turned into a discussion about typefaces, which turned into a discussion about her english degree, and she was impressed that I could keep up even though my degree is in electrical engineering. The 2 hours we talked just flew by, but I told her I've gotta get to bed so we stopped. I think I'm in love

Quote:
Good to hear buddy!

Well since you asked, I found out she likes to tickle and I like to be tickled so we have that going for us
: :
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:06 AM   #6136
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep

Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Attached Images

07-19-2016, 03:13 AM   #6137
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:
Quote:

You can't keep regurgitating the same memes...

That said, I miss the days when SNL was actually funny...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:16 AM   #6138
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep

Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato
Quote:

Quote:
Good to hear buddy!

No Star Wars? First reaction: deal breaker. Second reaction: well, you have 7 movies to see together! Aren't too may people who will connect with you on things like nerdy linguistics convos and be into the fact you get Shakespeare. This one sounds like it has potential. Good luck dude.