New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

09-30-2017, 09:00 AM   #243
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Drives: 335 e93

Are you against discrimination, or discrimination of people who look like you Only? I'm against discrimination.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:03 AM   #244
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-universities

The US supreme court has ruled that universities may use affirmative action admissions policies, which are intended to give minority applicants an edge in getting into college. The court has rejected racial quotas but said race could be used as one factor among many in evaluating an applicant.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:04 AM   #245
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Saw it happen all day long at Rutgers 30 yrs ago. Article talks about it too. That's the whole point of AA.
That's not what the article says, nor is it factual. I posted the federal guidelines.

You are aware there was a supreme court case on this, in which the plaintiff lost - it was also revealed she scored lower than her minority counterparts.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:06 AM   #246
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-universities

The US supreme court has ruled that universities may use affirmative action admissions policies, which are intended to give minority applicants an edge in getting into college. The court has rejected racial quotas but said race could be used as one factor among many in evaluating an applicant.
What have I said from the beginning.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:07 AM   #247
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
That's not what the article says, nor is it factual. I posted the federal guidelines.

You are aware there was a supreme court case on this, in which the plaintiff lost - it was also revealed she scored lower than her minority counterparts.
The court ruled race could be used as a determining factor for admissions. That's discrimination. I remember talking to a black student on campus. He couldn't read. I asked him how he got in. He said AA.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:08 AM   #248
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What have I said from the beginning.
Yes, but they never said how much weight it could carry. There were kids there with 3rd grade levels of education because they were black, no other reason. It never said if all else was equal. Schools took this to mean it could be the primary factor and still be ok in the letter if the law. Even if all things were equal, it's still favoring one person over another based on race. Discrimination by its definition.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:10 AM   #249
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
The court ruled race could be used as a determining factor for admissions. That's discrimination. I remember talking to a black student on campus. He couldn't read. I asked him how he got in. He said AA.
That doesn't happen.
1. He would never know if he was a product of AA. It's not something they tell you.
2. Any type of application is a form of discrimination. Race is one of the underwriting factors taking into consideration.
3. Again, AA doesn't allow them to take a LESS qualified applicant based on race. It doesn't happen.

4.WHITE WOMEN are the biggest benefactors of AA, not "black people"

Your story is full of shit, which isn't surprising coming from you/
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:15 AM   #250
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
That doesn't happen.
1. He would never know if he was a product of AA. It's not something they tell you.
2. Any type of application is a form of discrimination. Race is one of the underwriting factors taking into consideration.
3. Again, AA doesn't allow them to take a LESS qualified applicant based on race. It doesn't happen.

4.WHITE WOMEN are the biggest benefactors of AA, not "black people"

Your story is full of shit, which isn't surprising coming from you/
It does, it did, show me where it doesnt allow less qualified, and who cares if it's black, white, men, women. You keep making that point. It's still 100% discrimination. Anything but stacking applicant's applications frim best in the top to worst on the bottom based on academic merit, removing name, race, gender, nationality, religious ir political views from the app, then counting off the applications from the top until you fill your slots is discrimination.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:15 AM   #251
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Yes, but they never said how much weight it could carry. There were kids there with 3rd grade levels of education because they were black, no other reason. It never said if all else was equal. Schools took this to mean it could be the primary factor and still be ok in the letter if the law. Even if all things were equal, it's still favoring one person over another based on race. Discrimination by its definition.

You don't know this because you're not privy to the applicantion process or their grades. Of course you'll claim that they bragged about it, but there is no basis in fact on anything you've said so far.

UT case, 80% of their applicants were taken in on merit alone. The white female failed to get in through merit. There were other ways to get in, but she failed to meet the criteria. And even though schools do allow race to be one of the factors (like UT) that help in admissions - its not the ONLY factor, they still have criteria they have to meet.

You've lied repeatedly in this thread claiming that ever black person you met has never accomplished anything on merit because of AA. You've claimed there was quotas, you lied about admissions and application processes you have zero understanding of.

You're a LIAR and a frothing at the mouth racist who can't stand the thought that your just not as good as you think you are.

Deal with it bruh
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:19 AM   #252
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Even the Brits acknowledge it. It is what it is. Stop being racist and discriminatory. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...versities.html
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:20 AM   #253
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
It does, it did, show me where it doesnt allow less qualified, and who cares if it's black, white, men, women. You keep making that point. It's still 100% discrimination. Anything but stacking applicant's applications frim best in the top to worst on the bottom based on academic merit, removing name, race, gender, nationality, religious ir political views from the app, then counting off the applications from the top until you fill your slots is discrimination.
I posted it already:

"Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, you cannot base a hiring decision, in whole or in part, on a person's race or gender. In addition, under Executive Order 11246, a college or university must take affirmative steps to ensure its hiring practices are fair, equitable, and free from discrimination"

They can't allow a under qualified minority student (AKA - black person apparently) in a school because they are black. It doesn't happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #254
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Even the Brits acknowledge it. It is what it is. Stop being racist and discriminatory. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...versities.html
How does an opinion article from the conservative Telegraph trump what the law actually states?
Oh, it doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:23 AM   #255
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You don't know this because you're not privy to the applicantion process or their grades. Of course you'll claim that they bragged about it, but there is no basis in fact on anything you've said so far.

UT case, 80% of their applicants were taken in on merit alone. The white female failed to get in through merit. There were other ways to get in, but she failed to meet the criteria. And even though schools do allow race to be one of the factors (like UT) that help in admissions - its not the ONLY factor, they still have criteria they have to meet.
never said that. I said schools were using it as a more heavily weighted or primary factor,
Not a last final factor as you say after all else

You've lied repeatedly in this thread claiming that ever black person you met has never accomplished anything on merit because of AA. You've claimed there was quotas, you lied about admissions and application processes you have zero understanding of.
never once said that. Just showed an example
You're a LIAR and a frothing at the mouth racist who can't stand the thought that your just not as good as you think you are.

Deal with it bruh
You're the only one discriminating here. Showing your true stripes.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #256
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Hey, my kid benefits from AA. I literally have skin in the game. African American, check. Hispanic, check. He'll get in easier, scholarships easier. I'll save money putting him to school. Is it Fair? Is it right? No.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:29 AM   #257
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
You're the only one discriminating here. Showing your true stripes.
Again - you don't know how much weight (if any) a school puts on the race of an applicant.

If two students have the same education and grades, and one happens to be a minority who had to jump through x2 as many hoops to arrive at the same spot as their peer - who deserves it more?

Say what you want about me, but I've been objectively correct this whole time - you've repeatedly lied about yourself, family, experiences, and now about the college application process when the facts are widely available for ANYONE to read about and educate themselves.

You have repeatedly shown that you don't care about the truth, you care about feeling justified in your prejudice. You are absolutely dishonest, lacking in honor and you're an all around crappy human being.

You're pathetic.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:37 AM   #258
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Hey, my kid benefits from AA. I literally have skin in the game. African American, check. Hispanic, check. He'll get in easier, scholarships easier. I'll save money putting him to school. Is it Fair? Is it right? No.
Except again, this isn't based in fact. AT ALL.

96% of all scholarships are available to ALL students, regardless of race. Even then, white Students are over represented, as white students are 40% more likely to receive a scholarship over a minority.

While 62% of undergraduates are white, they earn about 69% of private scholarships.

Do'h

Do you research ANYTHING before you speak?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:39 AM   #259
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Again - you don't know how much weight (if any) a school puts on the race of an applicant.

If two students have the same education and grades, and one happens to be a minority who had to jump through x2 as many hoops to arrive at the same spot as their peer - who deserves it more?

Say what you want about me, but I've been objectively correct this whole time - you've repeatedly lied about yourself, family, experiences, and now about the college application process when the facts are widely available for ANYONE to read about and educate themselves.

You have repeatedly shown that you don't care about the truth, you care about feeling justified in your prejudice. You are absolutely dishonest, lacking in honor and you're an all around crappy human being.

You're pathetic.
Not knowing is the point. Schools aren't required to make it the final determining factor. they aren't required to disclose their methods, so they don't. But even if it was, it would be discrimination. Even 1% is wrong and by definition discriminatiin. Nobody should get any advantage based on race, creed, or gender. AA hands out advantages and leaves it to universities and businesses how to do it. Trump is guilty of one case of discrimination. When he said he had a stack if women's resumes because he wanted to hire more women.

Here's another discriminatory policy. Women can serve in the military. But Women don't have to fill out draft cards. Explain that?

You seriously think that promoting one group over another based on race, creed, or gender is not discrimination in any circumstance? Please enlighten me how.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 09-30-2017 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2017, 09:52 AM   #260
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Not knowing is the point. Schools aren't required to make it the final determining factor. they aren't required to disclose their methods, so they don't.
Ok and?
If you had done well enough, you wouldn't have to worry about this.

Quote:
But even if it was, it would be discrimination. Even 1% is wrong and by definition discriminatiin. Nobody should get any advantage based on race, creed, or gender.
You say this, but it happens.

Beyond that, AA doesn't encourage discrimination. I've pointed that out MULTIPLE times.

Quote:
AA hands out advantages and leaves it to universities and businesses how to do it. Trump is guilty of one case of discrimination. When he said he had a stack if women's resumes because he wanted to hire more women.
Hands out advantages to WHO? BASED ON WHAT?

You have been trying this whole time to prove this to me, and have yet to find a single case of this existing - because it doesn't. AA doesn't reward under qualified applicants. PERIOD.

Quote:
Here's another discriminatory policy. Women can serve in the military. But Women don't have to fill out draft cards. Explain that?
Don't care, don't change the subject.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #261
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Remember when you claimed AA had quotas and it turned out it didn't? Ok.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:54 AM   #262
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Except again, this isn't based in fact. AT ALL.

96% of all scholarships are available to ALL students, regardless of race. Even then, white Students are over represented, as white students are 40% more likely to receive a scholarship over a minority.
could it be because of academic merit? You didn't say over equally qualified minorities

While 62% of undergraduates are white, they earn about 69% of private scholarships.
same
Do'h

Do you research ANYTHING before you speak?
Yeah, I do. I just don't cite research that leaves out critical factors to slant results to a desired outcome.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #263
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I do. I just don't cite research that leaves out critical factors to slant results to a desired outcome.
Guess we can't trust the US government and should instead trust beirbart.

LOL, you're a joke.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #264
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Ok and?
If you had done well enough, you wouldn't have to worry about this.
So you agree its discriminatory

You say this, but it happens.
it shouldn't and I see far more the opposite and have my whole career
Beyond that, AA doesn't encourage discrimination. I've pointed that out MULTIPLE times.
it doesn't encourage it, it is it.

Hands out advantages to WHO? BASED ON WHAT?
race, gender, creed
You have been trying this whole time to prove this to me, and have yet to find a single case of this existing - because it doesn't. AA doesn't reward under qualified applicants. PERIOD.
it rewards based on, wait for it, race, gender, and creed

Don't care, don't change the subject.
You still didn't answer the question. Is a policy that rewards based on race, gender, or creed by definition discriminatory? What if AA put white makes above others? You'd be having a kinipshion.

What about the military and the draft?
Appreciate 0