New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-09-2022, 03:55 AM   #243
540iSUP
Captain
Rep

Drives: G30, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
I can't speculate on the global nature of flat earth theory and anecdotal evidence reveals nothing except the single experience of one person. However I've had some experience with these folks....

I have relatives that are flat earthers and I love all of them. Many of us have had lengthy discussions with them and near as I can summarize their position seems to be in defense of young earth creationism beliefs. Some other key observations have been:

• The bible is infallible.

• They tend to be skeptical of any media, government or university claims as propaganda to lure people away from biblical concepts.

• Since they function in a world where physics always performs consistently but they still have to make exceptions for radical episodes where physics and biology would not function along natural laws they subscribe to some or all of these various ideas of alternate realities:
1. God can alter all natural and physical laws at will including your perception of it so basically we live in a form of an intelligent simulation.
2. God lives in multiple dimensions and just moves things around to skirt universal laws of physics and nature.
3. We may already be dead and Earth may be a form of purgatory.

So, near as I can tell the whole enchilada is protecting the biblical story. At least in rural East Texas it is. Can't speak for the rest of the camp.
This is exactly how some flat Earth believers are in my area. Not well educated, but very educated in the Bible.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 04:35 AM   #244
540iSUP
Captain
Rep

Drives: G30, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Apparently it is guarded by 'word military', and no one is allowed to come near it.

Also, apparently, this edge has thousands feet high ice walls or glaciers.

It's nearly impossible for anyone to reach it because "military" would stop you or kill you. And if somehow you managed to evade the "military", then you simply wouldn't be able to climb the ice walls and you would die.
The Ice wall is protected by the Night's Watch. The reason why NASA doesn't want anyone there is because the White watchers and Wildlings live there.

Last edited by 540iSUP; 02-09-2022 at 04:40 AM..
Appreciate 1