New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

04-23-2019, 06:16 PM   #1
austin alfa
Registered
United_States
Rep

Drives: E39 528 5 speed

1997 528i 5 speed manual Sports Cold package project-Austin Tx $750

Long time car buff here who has reluctantly accepted the realization that I'm not going to get around to giving this car the love I used to and am hoping that someone else will see the general condition and the list of factory options and decide to bring the car back on the road. It was running fantastic until a $2 hose failed and the car over heated. She will need a head gasket replacement and to be refreshed overall to be put back on the road.

Until the hose failure, car had been very well maintained by a car enthusiast with good wrenching skills. The car has been off the road for years and I have 4 vintage Alfas that seem to take all my attention so hopefully someone will see the special option list and clean body and take on the refurbishment needed.

Clean body and interior. Black paint with Light gray leather interior. Clean CarFax-no accidents, no rust. A nice options package was chosen for this car which retailed for around $47K when new; Sport Package with 5 speed manual, Cold Weather package with heated seats and rear seat fold down for storage, Premium Audio etc etc

This was my 4th BMW and of the many cars I'd owned, perhaps the favorite. I'd researched the model carefully and spent about a year looking for an example that was clean with records with my desired options lists and was close for inspection. The E39 chassis is among BMWs finest and the sport package with 5 speed was pretty rare as most were automatics. With the M52 engine and a 5 speed you get about 80% of the performance of the 540 V8 but with more reliability and lower running costs.*

Please contact me for more information about past maintenance done, compression readings and an honest appraisal of what I'd do to put her back on the road.*I have a VIN decode report I can send you with the options list.

stevewuertz at the email account owned by google

Getting an error message when attaching photos. Please write and I will email them to you. Again, clean body-Texas car. Needs a head gasket and a refresh
Appreciate 0