New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

05-08-2016, 10:02 PM   #485
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

I can't see why any of these guys even give a shit. Athletes in general make so much guaranteed money (besides NFL) that I can't blame them for not giving a shit. If I'm down 3-0 in a do or die game to a better team, fuck it...I'm planning my trips in my head already.

#DidItForTheMoney
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #486
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
God dammit.
Why?
      05-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #487
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 335is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
It was an epic game really. Feel for you East coast guys staying up so late for the finish. I could only follow the first three period on the feed from NHL.com and then the first OT radio but was able to make it home for the last two Ot's.
When you get that far in the OT it is so even neither team really beats the other...it just takes one miscue or good bounce for the win. The game winner was a minor missed assignment and everyone is so tired that's how it goes.
I saw a replay of the Pavelski "goal" and I kind of have to say the call is not necessarily unfair. He was charging hard and the push was marginal at best...if It was on the other side of the coin I would say my goalie was interfered with. I can't really hold that as an excuse.

The fault I can find was the PP opportunities for the Sharks in OT...too much dump in..the Sharks do it best by setting up the points and getting guys like Burns firing at the net and then winning the battle in front of the net...the PP in OT never felt really dangerous.
I'm surprised you took that so well, I would've thought you'd be pretty angry about that goal bing waved off and then eventually losing. While I agree that the push seemed pretty small, it was still a cross-check, while the guy has forward momentum. and but despite that, I may have agreed with you if Pavelski was not also tripped by a Nashville defensemen's leg, which really sent him tumbling into Rinne. And I felt the same way about the PP in OT...I never really felt all that worried about them scoring; they just didn't have the mechanics in OT to get it done it didn't seem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Islanders about 8 minutes from making golf reservations for the week. They forgot to show up today.

That series is done....
disappointing performance in game 5 to say the least. I didn't even watch the game because of mother's day festivities, etc. (who decided to put the game on in the middle of the afternoon on mothers day, anyhow!? again, fuck you, Bettman), but from the highlights and what I heard it was a disaster. Oh well. I suppose I am happy that we made it out of the first round finally, and that I got to witness it in person. and that we went further than the Rangers...that is a big win for islanders fans lol
'07 E93 335i 6AT, Platinum Bronze Metallic/Cream Beige [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #488
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilg1993 View Post
I'm surprised you took that so well, I would've thought you'd be pretty angry about that goal bing waved off and then eventually losing. While I agree that the push seemed pretty small, it was still a cross-check, while the guy has forward momentum. and but despite that, I may have agreed with you if Pavelski was not also tripped by a Nashville defensemen's leg, which really sent him tumbling into Rinne. And I felt the same way about the PP in OT...I never really felt all that worried about them scoring; they just didn't have the mechanics in OT to get it done it didn't seem

disappointing performance in game 5 to say the least. I didn't even watch the game because of mother's day festivities, etc. (who decided to put the game on in the middle of the afternoon on mothers day, anyhow!? again, fuck you, Bettman), but from the highlights and what I heard it was a disaster. Oh well. I suppose I am happy that we made it out of the first round finally, and that I got to witness it in person. and that we went further than the Rangers...that is a big win for islanders fans lol
Yeah, that call could have went either way...in the regular season it would have been a goal but as a game winner and eliminator in OT I suppose they had to split hairs. As long as the Sharks win the series it will be water under the bridge.

I watched that game and the Isles just looked flat and not too desperate for the first half of the game. They looked like a team sitting back and waiting to see who would score. Too bad. Greiss really did look good, but Tampa is just more composed.
      05-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #489
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

That wasn't even a difficult OT shot!!! I didn't even have time to get some Jack after the gym
      05-10-2016, 08:57 AM   #490
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Stars, Bitches.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #491
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

How good was Kari? 35 shots on goal, stopped all but 2 and 1 wasn't even his fault. If he plays like that in game 7, Stars advance.

Looks like the Blues have a little goaltending issue now too. Elliot pulled after allowing 3 goals in the first 6 or 7 shots.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 06:02 AM   #492
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Caps are offically making tee-times today, as I expected. I feel really bad for Ovi. I think the only way he's going to win a stanley cup is if he signs with another team late in his career. It's just not going to happen for the caps, ever.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #493
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Caps are offically making tee-times today, as I expected. I feel really bad for Ovi. I think the only way he's going to win a stanley cup is if he signs with another team late in his career. It's just not going to happen for the caps, ever.
Curse of the Presidents trophy. Now a team who has won a cup will be going to the finals from the East. Too bad, I'm hoping a new team gets it...Preferably the Sharks. Penguins are one of my least favorite teams.
      05-11-2016, 11:06 AM   #494
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
I feel really bad for Ovi.
Not me...

Too much hype on this guy...he's not a big game winner. I'll say the same for our team's #87. I know they're both good...but both have shown their inability to raise their game up when needed.
      05-11-2016, 11:13 AM   #495
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Curse of the Presidents trophy.
Again, they didn't actually TOUCH it, did they????????????????????
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 11:21 AM   #496
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Go MTL! Oh wait...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #497
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Go MTL! Oh wait...
Yeah, I went to Montreal last week, and was half-expecting to MAYBE try to get a seat to a game. Then I remembered there was NOBODY north of the border playing. . . I couldn't even find anything on TV.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 01:38 PM   #498
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Yeah, I went to Montreal last week, and was half-expecting to MAYBE try to get a seat to a game. Then I remembered there was NOBODY north of the border playing. . . I couldn't even find anything on TV.
Exaclty it's pathetic. Not one Canadian team in the playoff fuck's sake
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 01:45 PM   #499
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Exaclty it's pathetic. Not one Canadian team in the playoff fuck's sake
Right? The playoffs are being dominated now by warm weather teams..places where "natural" ice rinks don't even exist.
      05-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #500
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
I'm convinced that DC is right up there with Cleveland as one of the worst cities for sports. The constant tease of kicking ass in the regular season only to shit the bed afterwards is tiresome.

This was the Caps best chance and they fucking blew it.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #501
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
This was the Caps best chance and they fucking blew it.
Agree. No cups for the Caps during the Ovi-era. It is official: the nucleus of this team cannot win the big one, and there have been multiple attempts.

The Blackhawks and even the Patriots are great examples of what a good nucleus can do; the surrounding cast almost doesn't matter.

I know it sounds crazy, but it might be time for the Caps to start rethinking the nucleus of the organization.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 03:43 PM   #502
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Agree. No cups for the Caps during the Ovi-era. It is official: the nucleus of this team cannot win the big one, and there have been multiple attempts.

The Blackhawks and even the Patriots are great examples of what a good nucleus can do; the surrounding cast almost doesn't matter.

I know it sounds crazy, but it might be time for the Caps to start rethinking the nucleus of the organization.
You know what? They can keep trying tweaking, but it just takes a team to be hitting all cylinders at the right time and get the right matchups as well. I've been watching the Sharks change coaches, goalies and players and other than last year, be a "contender" in the playoffs for what....15 years or so. They have been in the playoffs every year the second most behind the Wings.
Some years it seemed like they had a powerhouse of a team only to get knocked off in the first or second round.

Look at the Preds...pretty much middle of the road team all season and now they are rolling. Even though Tampa had a good season I don't see them being as strong as the team that one the cup several years back...and they are in CF now with a shot.
      05-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #503
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You know what? They can keep trying tweaking, but it just takes a team to be hitting all cylinders at the right time and get the right matchups as well. I've been watching the Sharks change coaches, goalies and players and other than last year, be a "contender" in the playoffs for what....15 years or so. They have been in the playoffs every year the second most behind the Wings.
Some years it seemed like they had a powerhouse of a team only to get knocked off in the first or second round.

Look at the Preds...pretty much middle of the road team all season and now they are rolling. Even though Tampa had a good season I don't see them being as strong as the team that one the cup several years back...and they are in CF now with a shot.
Agree, the Caps peaked at the wrong time and started slumping at the worst time imaginable. I still don't think it'll happen in Washington any time soon. Been watching the Caps since the mid-80s, what I saw last night is what I've been seeing for 30+ years. They were actually more fun to watch in the 1980s-early 1990s; they didn't have any superstars, and when they won it was a happy accident. The expectations are so much higher now, maybe that's part of the problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #504
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335
Stars, Bitches.
They are somebody's bitches so far
      05-11-2016, 08:30 PM   #505