New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

05-05-2016, 06:22 AM   #463
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I'd be happy if the Caps PP could actually result in a goal for once.

That'd be lovely.
Watching the Caps in the playoffs is like sitting in hospital waiting room waiting for your loved one to come out of major surgery.

I am not watching game 5.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #464
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Watching the Caps in the playoffs is like sitting in hospital waiting room waiting for your loved one to come out of major surgery.

I am not watching game 5.
I don't blame you.

We've choked in the post season so consistently now it's borderline impressive. We're like the Buffalo Bills of the NHL...but even they've made it to the big game.

I'm still going to watch...we've bounced back from 3-1 deficits before...I'll be shocked if we force a Game 7 to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #465
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
I don't blame you.

We've choked in the post season so consistently now it's borderline impressive. We're like the Buffalo Bills of the NHL...but even they've made it to the big game.

I'm still going to watch...we've bounced back from 3-1 deficits before...I'll be shocked if we force a Game 7 to be honest.
I think the Sharks would be the top chokers....been in the playoffs what 15 years or so....have won the division several times and Presidents trophy and was the fifth team to blow a 3-0 series lead.
      05-05-2016, 07:15 PM   #466
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
Tyler Seguin from a jacked up achilles
ouch, in more ways than one.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 07:20 PM   #467
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I don't blame you.

Game 7 definitely won't happen. I think the Caps confidence level is right around 0.0 right now. Won't be surprised if Game 5 is a blowout, if fact I think it will be. I'll guess Caps are done game 5, final score 5-2. Pens will be up 4-0 after 2 periods.

I don't know if you frequent russianmachineneverbreaks.com or not, but earlier in the season all of the commenters were concerned whether or not the league would let the Caps engrave Brooks Laich's name on the cup, because, you know, it was a LOCK that the caps were going to win it....
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 10:19 PM   #468
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Kinda funny when I brought up before the playoffs started, that the Stars have issues in goal and on defense, you told me I didn't know what I was talking about, and just kept saying "Stars bitch"
Stars, bitch.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 10:19 PM   #469
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
bern.
Stars, bitch.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 10:20 PM   #470
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Pretty much right? I had been saying as well that Dallas would have problems if they did not firm up the D and I had said while Niemi is good, I'm not sure about his consistency. Remember he was with the Sharks for several years.
As I said he won a cup with a very strong Blackhawks team..he was good enough with that team but with Dallas I'm not so sure. We still have a long ways to go really, but the Blues are a completely different animal than the Wild.
Stars, bitch.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 10:27 PM   #471
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Stars have sub par goalies and D, bitch

Fixed that for ya
Kari is the man, at least tonight. What a game.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 10:28 PM   #472
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Stars, bitch.
Figured it wouldn't take long to hear from you. Good for them knotting it up.
Based on stats pretty even game...Stars appeared more physical and were in the O zone much more. Did not see it, but that's what the stats tell me.
      05-06-2016, 08:55 AM   #473
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Figured it wouldn't take long to hear from you. Good for them knotting it up.
Based on stats pretty even game...Stars appeared more physical and were in the O zone much more. Did not see it, but that's what the stats tell me.
The Stars were dominant and played their game. I still think this would be an easy series if the Stars had Seguin. The Blues aren't as good offensively.

Lindy just needs to stick with Kari and not Yo Yo the goalies. Niemi sucks and Kari has played pretty well besides 1 period. He was even pretty decent in the 3rd period in game 3.

Stars defense still puts the goalie in AWFUL positions. They had 3 breakaways in the first period and Kari stopped 2/3.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #474
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Stars, bitch.

Nice 3-2 playoff style win with Niemi in at goalie. He won a Stanley Cup so good he's sharp if Kari needs a day or struggles.
Quote:

Niemi gave up 2 goals last night. He's won a Cup. He's good.

Quote:
The Stars were dominant and played their game.

Lindy just needs to stick with Kari and not Yo Yo the goalies. Niemi sucks and Kari has played pretty well besides 1 period. He was even pretty decent in the 3rd period in game 3.

They had 3 breakaways in the first period and Kari stopped 2/3.
Ahh, you understand now...you know my frustration for the years with Niemi.
      05-06-2016, 11:21 AM   #475
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 335is

Garage List
Quote:
That Boyle hit on HIckey was dirty....forearm/elbow right to the head. Surprised they didn't call that, then Boyle goes on to score. The league should take a look at that play
I try to be partial to these sorts of things when they go against my team's favor. that said, at first, I thought the Hickey hit on Drouin was worse than the Boyle hit on Hickey. after watching both hits 20+ times on replay, the Hickey hit on Drouin was totally clean...Drouin's head was down, and very low at that, Hickey just took the angle and ran him over like a freight train. As for the Boyle hit, that one is questionable. Boyle is an enormous human being, standing at 6'7", and Hickey is listed at 6-foot, so you cannot really expect Boyle to hit him in the chest...I couldn't really ask the guy to drop down like a 12"+ to hit him in the chest. In any case, it does seem as if Boyle's arm comes up and swipes upwards on his chin/mouth/nose area. tough for the game to end as a result of the hit, but what can you do? we just gotta go out there and get what's ours tonight

Quote:
Awful effort by my Stars. The goalie situation could ruin them.
Stars were embarrassed in game 3. poor effort all around and you could tell frustration got to them very quickly. they did have a big turnaround in game 4 tho...huge win. they would certainly have been done for had they dropped that one, too

Quote:
I'd be happy if the Caps PP could actually result in a goal for once.

That'd be lovely.
Looks like the Caps are all but done for. I'm a bit surprised, but not totally shocked. Holtby is great in net, and of course the caps have a superstar lineup of forwards, but Pittsburgh has been getting the pucks to the net and big bodies in front to screen and deflect. that seems to be the only way to beat Holtby. If you remember from last year, the Islanders went 0/14 on the PP in the series vs Washington. you simply will not win a series in this league if you're not scoring with the man advantage

Quote:
Game 7 definitely won't happen. I think the Caps confidence level is right around 0.0 right now. Won't be surprised if Game 5 is a blowout, if fact I think it will be. I'll guess Caps are done game 5, final score 5-2. Pens will be up 4-0 after 2 periods.

I don't know if you frequent russianmachineneverbreaks.com or not, but earlier in the season all of the commenters were concerned whether or not the league would let the Caps engrave Brooks Laich's name on the cup, because, you know, it was a LOCK that the caps were going to win it....
totally agreed. I think theres a chance that they get it to 6, but it'll never go past that. Capitals confidence is completely shot. the president's trophy curse will continue on, as will the apparent hex over the Crapitals organization that disallows them from advancing to the conference finals. still almost hard to believe that Ovi has never been there.

funny about the whole cup name engraving thing

Quote:
The Stars were dominant and played their game. I still think this would be an easy series if the Stars had Seguin. The Blues aren't as good offensively.
+1

Tough game for your Sharks last night, J. stayed up late to watch the whole thing. those OT's were very exciting. you guys got completely robbed in that first OT, quite frankly...Pavelski was clearly pushed and then tripped into Rinne...there was nothing he could have done to stop himself

I'm still pulling for your sharkies in the series, but in the meantime I will be rooting for the home team in every game for the remainder (and the DAL/STL series, too), as I picked SJ (and Dallas) in 7 in my pool
'07 E93 335i 6AT, Platinum Bronze Metallic/Cream Beige [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #476
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ahh, you understand now...you know my frustration for the years with Niemi.
He has been good at times this year I should have said. He totally sucks now, but that's somewhat Lindy's fault.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #477
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilg1993 View Post

you simply will not win a series in this league if you're not scoring with the man advantage

+1

Tough game for your Sharks last night, J. stayed up late to watch the whole thing. those OT's were very exciting. you guys got completely robbed in that first OT, quite frankly...Pavelski was clearly pushed and then tripped into Rinne...there was nothing he could have done to stop himself

I'm still pulling for your sharkies in the series, but in the meantime I will be rooting for the home team in every game for the remainder (and the DAL/STL series, too), as I picked SJ (and Dallas) in 7 in my pool
It was an epic game really. Feel for you East coast guys staying up so late for the finish. I could only follow the first three period on the feed from NHL.com and then the first OT radio but was able to make it home for the last two Ot's.
When you get that far in the OT it is so even neither team really beats the other...it just takes one miscue or good bounce for the win. The game winner was a minor missed assignment and everyone is so tired that's how it goes.
I saw a replay of the Pavelski "goal" and I kind of have to say the call is not necessarily unfair. He was charging hard and the push was marginal at best...if It was on the other side of the coin I would say my goalie was interfered with. I can't really hold that as an excuse.

The fault I can find was the PP opportunities for the Sharks in OT...too much dump in..the Sharks do it best by setting up the points and getting guys like Burns firing at the net and then winning the battle in front of the net...the PP in OT never felt really dangerous.

Gotta hand it to the Preds for playing tough and of course Rinne who as I've been saying all along is so tough. He is the best goalie of the remaining playoff teams. Despite the fact that the Preds took out the Ducks for the Sharks to lose this series would be underachieving even though the goal at the beginning of the season was to just make the playoffs.
      05-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #478
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
He has been good at times this year I should have said. He totally sucks now, but that's somewhat Lindy's fault.
He's just inconsistent; he can make a phenomenal save and then bobble a puck leading to a scoring chance and throwing off the momentum. He doesn't really get rattled just a bit sloppy sometimes but that leads to confidence issues with the d men.
      05-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #479
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Caps live to fight another day...

Welcome back Holtby.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 07:20 AM   #480
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Caps live to fight another day...

Welcome back Holtby.
He made a few key saves for sure. What you really need to welcome back though is the Caps PP.

I'm confused why Sullivan benched Hornqvist yesterday - when clearly the one that needs benched is 87. He's been so invisible though, maybe Sullivan can't see him either.
      05-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #481
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Happy the Sharks put in a dominating decisive performance after that crazy 3OT. Seems like Nashville was a little more worn down--benefit to finishing a series early. Shoot, I'm going to the SF Giants game tomorrow so I guess I'll have to watch the game from various bar TV's. Hoping to close this and that Dallas can win(the series actually) and prolong that series.
      05-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #482
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

God dammit.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 08:41 PM   #483
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Islanders about 8 minutes from making golf reservations for the week. They forgot to show up today.

That series is done....
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 09:08 PM   #484
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Islanders about 8 minutes from making golf reservations for the week. They forgot to show up today.

That series is done....
They usually do in do or die games. It sucks
Appreciate 0