R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #23
fungdarren
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 San Marino Blue

Well, finally ordered the M3 with Daniel at Auto Classic this evening.
No discount at all, but I guess that's the same for all dealer in Aust, as the car hasn't even officially launch yet.
One thing hold it up now is, I am still contemplating the colour, YM Blue or Mineral Grey. My order sheet at the moment is YMB, but still yet to finalise.
Daniel mentioned, I have 2 weeks gap to decide from now for the July production, or wait until the car officially launch (July?) and see the colour in person, and go in for August production.
Also for the test drive, DeejAus is correct, it is only a couple of hours test over in the East, but date & venue yet to be finalise, and for me, I doubt I can make given no set date & place. He said it is better off to book the full M drive day later on either locally at Wanneroo or over at Phillips Island.
Now question, has anyone purchase the extended warranty (2-3 years) after new car warranty? is it worth it?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 07:11 AM   #24
DeejAus
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4, 2013 535D

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungdarren View Post
Well, finally ordered the M3 with Daniel at Auto Classic this evening.
No discount at all, but I guess that's the same for all dealer in Aust, as the car hasn't even officially launch yet.
One thing hold it up now is, I am still contemplating the colour, YM Blue or Mineral Grey. My order sheet at the moment is YMB, but still yet to finalise.
Daniel mentioned, I have 2 weeks gap to decide from now for the July production, or wait until the car officially launch (July?) and see the colour in person, and go in for August production.
Also for the test drive, DeejAus is correct, it is only a couple of hours test over in the East, but date & venue yet to be finalise, and for me, I doubt I can make given no set date & place. He said it is better off to book the full M drive day later on either locally at Wanneroo or over at Phillips Island.
Now question, has anyone purchase the extended warranty (2-3 years) after new car warranty? is it worth it?
Congrats.

Wouldn't bother with the extended warranty. You can always buy it at any time prior to expiry of the factory warranty, but besides this, there are SOOO many exclusions they can pretty much get out of any claim you make that it makes it worthless in my view.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #25
fungdarren
Private
Australia
Rep

Thanks
Daniel just called and mentioned the BMW Aust official launch date is 25/7.
Hopefully I get to see the YMB colour for the launch car, and finalise my colour.
Still struggling between YMB or MG
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #26
fungdarren
Private
Australia
Rep

Also, July production allocation is full.
I have to wait until August production slot, which may mean earliest pick up available for me is November.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 05:28 AM   #27
danielt
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 F87 M2 / 2013 M5 LCI comp

Garage List
when is the official Australian launch and when can we see the M3/M4 in the flesh?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #28
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Congrats Darren. My car is expected here before the official launch date of late July. Btw the launch date was delayed for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #29
fungdarren
Private
Australia
Rep

was told launch date is around 25/7
so you went with YMB?
I m divided, I had YMB in my mind, but this afternoon, after checking with Mrs and kids, they all disagree with YMB now, as they've seen some light/baby blue colour car under the sun today, and they all went "Yuk".....
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #30
76Gas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 MW

Yep hard decision Darren I'm with you as I love the look of YMB especially with the white leather but with kids I don't think it will survive and concerned the colour will date or I will get over it. MG imo always looks good but I went with MW since it's so contrasting with the CFR and loved every other white BMW I have every owned so know I won't get tired of the colour. I'm week 27 so time is just about up to make any changes but good luck let us know what you go with :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #31
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
was told launch date is around 25/7
so you went with YMB?
I m divided, I had YMB in my mind, but this afternoon, after checking with Mrs and kids, they all disagree with YMB now, as they've seen some light/baby blue colour car under the sun today, and they all went "Yuk".....
Yup went with YMB. I like special blue colours like Estoril and Monte Carlo blue which I've had. Also Porsches riviera blue. If I don't go with YMB I think I will regret it, just like I regret not ever owning a Laguna Seca blue E46 M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 04:28 AM   #32
fdsjkl
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4

Ordered my AW M4 from Bruce Lyton on the Gold Coast today. Got $5000 off RRP including $6600 worth of options. I traded my X6 in though. Expecting October delivery.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 05:29 AM   #33
76Gas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Nice work fdsjkl and good to hear another white M3/M4 will hit the Qld roads this year. Would love to know what you finally got quoted.. I couldn't justify the extra $10k for the M4 and I have young kids so was happy to compromise :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 06:04 AM   #34
fdsjkl
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Gas View Post
Nice work fdsjkl and good to hear another white M3/M4 will hit the Qld roads this year. Would love to know what you finally got quoted.. I couldn't justify the extra $10k for the M4 and I have young kids so was happy to compromise :-)
I went through the same thing as you cause I have a 5 weeks old baby. I spent hours comparing pics and videos of F80 and F82, it was a tough decision. You are already spending that much money, better not to compromise and regret later.
I paid a $10,000 deposit simply because I ordered manual transmission.
Final quote was $18,000(original quote $18,5xx) with extended leather, HUD, lane change assist and black alloy. Full price quote got from Bruce Lyton is $3000 cheaper than Brisbane BMW and Motorline BMW with exact same options and trade in value of X6 is higher as well.
Second BMW from Bruce Lyton(Ryan was my sale rep) and extremely happy with their service and price.

Probably one of the best day of my life, this is my dream car since I was a teenager.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 06:53 AM   #35
76Gas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Congrats mate and now we play the waiting game... I'm currently week 27 build which I think commences 30 June and expected to arrive late August maybe Septemeber if all the moons don't align but know it will be worth the wait. I'm the same as you and reading everything I can get my hands on and it's pleasing to see there hasn't been a bad review which certainly helps when parting with such a large some of money over here in Oz compared to the States but hey that's a whole new topic :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #36
fungdarren
Private
Australia
Rep

Congrat all, I think I am heading down the MG colour path, instead of YMB because of Mrs & kids.
Will go into August production, so hopefully pick it up by Oct/Nov.
(Nice work fdsjkl, a lot of discount there!!! a very very good deal)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #37
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Congrat all, I think I am heading down the MG colour path, instead of YMB because of Mrs & kids.
Will go into August production, so hopefully pick it up by Oct/Nov.
(Nice work fdsjkl, a lot of discount there!!! a very very good deal)
I don't think you will go wrong with MG! As for the discount fdsjkl got, it may be a real discount or it may not be. With a trade involved and the dealers ability to "write back" and play with trade in value, we will never know the truth. But what is most important is that it's the best deal he could get and he is happy with it! So congrats on the order fdsjkl!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #38
fungdarren
Private
Australia
Rep

Just got told from dealer that individual paint (San Marino blue) is now available on M3/4 for extra $2.8k aud, but only start production in September.

I've seen the M6 in San Marino in the other night, but not sure it looks good on M3 tho.
Need to do some research & investigate.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #39
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Did your dealer mention if any other colour is available as Individual colour? I wouldn't mind Singapore Grey!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 11:51 PM   #40
fungdarren
Private
Australia
Rep

Looking at the latest M3/4 official brochure (in BMW Australia site), there are plenty of individual colours to choose from:
- Moonstone Metallic
- Pyrite Brown
- Tanzanite Blue
- Azurite Black
- Frozen white
- Frozen silver
- Frozen Black
- Frozen Red

This is very interesting....gotta ask dealer how long will these delay the production or even available this year.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 04:13 AM   #41
fdsjkl
Private
Australia
Rep

In regard to individual paint and interior, dealer told me later this year for M3 and 2015 for M4.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 10:26 PM   #42
fungdarren
Private
Australia
Rep

Finally, locked in San Marino Blue and emailed SA about the change.
Final confirmation Monday next week.
SA also mentioned, BMW offer other out of range colour (available to other model) at a cost + he will check out the individual leather stitching for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 01:12 AM   #43
76Gas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Guys is there anyway us here in Oz can track production like our American friends or is our only way ringing and hassling our sales reps? Now we have production numbers I was hoping we could gain this information in an easier way
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #44
DeejAus
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4, 2013 535D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Gas View Post
Guys is there anyway us here in Oz can track production like our American friends or is our only way ringing and hassling our sales reps? Now we have production numbers I was hoping we could gain this information in an easier way
Not to my knowledge no. I always thought we had to pester our reps.... or the yanks were just good at making shit up.
Appreciate 0